10 jobs that pay $30an hr vol. we need this paper

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Or you could be a police officer and make 100k a year
wink.gif

Yeah? But in what city? And after how long?

Pretty much on avg in damn near every city (atleast in the bay area) you start out at 78-85 g's, but by the end of your first year you already got a raise and your now making 90-95k a year. A year and 2 months? 100k+
glasses.gif

Son your numbers are all over the place.

roll.gif

The median expected salary for a typical Police Patrol Officer in the United States is $45,780.
Most cops are poorly paid, small town cop $17,000 to $23,000 a year big city cops $25,000 to $35,000 a year, First responder and medical trainning help
The median expected salary for a typical Police Patrol Officer in the United States is $46,191.

no... he is actually right. like he said, he is talking about the bay area. oakland/bay area are severely short on police. same for places likephilly. cops are actually quitting because the crime is so high.

the only downside is, there are a lot of freezes in cities and you cant get hired. its because most cities dont have enough money to pay for new police eventho they are short.
its not the same on the federal level. ever since 9/11, homeland security has been expanding at a very fast rate. another plus for working federal is greatgreat benifits and job security. i believe our very own jumpman247 works for homeland security. idk how much he gets paid tho.

wink.gif

Pretty much on avg in damn near every city (atleast in the bay area) you start out at 78-85 g's, but by the end of your first year you already got a raise and your now making 90-95k a year. A year and 2 months? 100k+
glasses.gif

roll.gif

The median expected salary for a typical Police Patrol Officer in the United States is $45,780.
Most cops are poorly paid, small town cop $17,000 to $23,000 a year big city cops $25,000 to $35,000 a year, First responder and medical trainning help
The median expected salary for a typical Police Patrol Officer in the United States is $46,191.

[font=Arial, Helvetica]SALARY:[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]The current annual entry-level salary for Police Officers is:
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]$75,868 to $101,556[/font]

http://www.sfgov.org/site/police_index.asp?id=27855

indifferent.gif
sit down son.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

laugh.gif
pigs. you can do anything you want, you want to be a pig.
Thats the mind state of an 18 year old.

It's just a job to be honest. Its on you if your gonna be a prick or not while your doing it.

Yeah, Nurses are always finding work. That's one profession where the economy isn't screwing them over. Couple of my clients are nurses, andthey're always getting asked to fill shifts, etc... so they get more work than they want.

As far as hourly pay goes, I basically make between $45 and $65 an hour, but I don't get 40 hours per week. If I'm lucky I'll work 25, but it'sspread out at various times, so sometimes I have to be at work for like 5 hours to get 3 hours of pay, so it averages out lower than $45 an hour. My missionthis fall is to get up to 40 sessions a week. I'd be chillin....

I couldn't stand doing any of those jobs, but for that kind of money I might make an exception since I only make half that now.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i'd say nurses make a bit more than 30 an hour (atleast in NY they do). anesthesiologist is what you wanna go for if you want some serious $$$$ responsibility
Pass. I need a bigger margin for error with my line of work
grin.gif

Career Profile: What do Air Traffic Controllers do?
Air traffic controllers rely on radar and visual observation to direct the movements of commercial and private aircraft. They work to keep planes and passengers safe as they minimize delays. Much more than traffic directors, air traffic controllers keep pilots informed on weather conditions and runway status during arrivals and departures. Most controllers are employed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), a branch of the federal government.

A Day in the Life of an Air Traffic Controller
Controllers often work in semi-darkness, using the visuals from their equipment as guides. In terminals open all night, air traffic controllers often rotate day and night shifts. While most work a traditional 40-hour work week, the possibility for extra hours can mean overtime pay or additional vacation.

Working as an air traffic controller comes with daily stress because they care for the safety of several aircraft and hundreds if not thousands of passengers on any given day. Because of the job stress, federal employees are eligible for retirement benefits at age 50 or after 25 years of service.

Air Traffic Controller Training and Education
The educational path for air traffic controllers requires a bachelor's degree or related experience, plus an FAA-approved training program, and completion of an 8-hour certification exam. Training for new controllers with only initial controller training, ranges between 2 and 4 years.

Air traffic controllers must meet basic requirements for employment, including being less than 31 years of age and holding appropriate school recommendations. Rigorous standards are required in the educational process. For federal employment, a recent pre-employee processing system ensures that only the best graduates are chosen to become FAA air traffic controllers.
Typical Air Traffic Controller Salary
In 2007, air traffic controllers saw mean annual earnings of $107,780, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Those working for the Federal Executive Branch
(including the FAA) saw slightly higher earnings, at $112,670. Air traffic controllers earned the most yearly salary in Illinois over all other states, at $126,740.

Air Traffic Controller Employment & Outlook
In 2006, about 25,000 air traffic controllers were employed nationwide. That figure is expected to grow in the coming years, as the FAA plans to hire and train nearly 17,000 new air traffic controllers over the next ten years. In fiscal year 2008 alone, the FAA plans to hire 1,900 additional air traffic controllers.

The high demand for air traffic controllers is due in part to high academic standards among controllers and a lack of certified training programs. Some students can find their training extended due to a lack of instructors or facilities. While competition to get into FAA-approved courses is high, job prospects for graduates are expected to be good.

This.
glasses.gif

wink.gif

glasses.gif

roll.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]SALARY:[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]The current annual entry-level salary for Police Officers is:
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]$75,868 to $101,556[/font]

http://www.sfgov.org/site/police_index.asp?id=27855

indifferent.gif
sit down son.

SON THIS IS SF COPS SALARY ITS A BIG CITY SMALL TOWN REALLY DO PULL 17K - 23,000 K UR BOTH RIGHT

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

Career Profile: What do Air Traffic Controllers do?

Air traffic controllers rely on radar and visual observation to direct
the movements of commercial and private aircraft. They work to keep
planes and passengers safe as they minimize delays. Much more than
traffic directors, air traffic controllers keep pilots informed on
weather conditions and runway status during arrivals and departures.
Most controllers are employed by the Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA), a branch of the federal government.

A Day in the Life of an Air Traffic Controller

Controllers often work in semi-darkness, using the visuals from their
equipment as guides. In terminals open all night, air traffic
controllers often rotate day and night shifts. While most work a
traditional 40-hour work week, the possibility for extra hours can mean
overtime pay or additional vacation.

Working as an air traffic controller comes with daily stress because
they care for the safety of several aircraft and hundreds if not
thousands of passengers on any given day. Because of the job stress,
federal employees are eligible for retirement benefits at age 50 or
after 25 years of service.

Air Traffic Controller Training and Education

The educational path for air traffic controllers requires a bachelor's
degree or related experience, plus an FAA-approved training program,
and completion of an 8-hour certification exam. Training for new
controllers with only initial controller training, ranges between 2 and
4 years.

Air traffic controllers must meet basic requirements for employment,
including being less than 31 years of age and holding appropriate
school recommendations. Rigorous standards are required in the
educational process. For federal employment, a recent pre-employee
processing system ensures that only the best graduates are chosen to
become FAA air traffic controllers.
Typical Air Traffic Controller Salary
In 2007, air traffic controllers saw mean annual earnings of $107,780,
according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Those working for the
Federal Executive Branch
(including the FAA) saw slightly higher
earnings, at $112,670. Air traffic controllers earned the most yearly
salary in Illinois over all other states, at $126,740.

Air Traffic Controller Employment & Outlook

In 2006, about 25,000 air traffic controllers were employed nationwide.
That figure is expected to grow in the coming years, as the FAA plans
to hire and train nearly 17,000 new air traffic controllers over the
next ten years. In fiscal year 2008 alone, the FAA plans to hire 1,900
additional air traffic controllers.

The high demand for air traffic controllers is due in part to high
academic standards among controllers and a lack of certified training
programs. Some students can find their training extended due to a lack
of instructors or facilities. While competition to get into
FAA-approved courses is high, job prospects for graduates are expected
to be good.
This.
glasses.gif

Im a Pilot and trust me you don't want to be doing this. This has to be the most stressful job in the world. Dudes are talking literally non stop for hoursstraight, and there is no room for error as well.

Since we're talking about careers here, does anyone personally know a sports agent? I'm starting college next year and I've narrowed it down toeither becoming a sports agent or music producer. If anyone could give me advice, that would be very appreciated

Originally Posted by reigndrop

I made 30/hour during my summer internship in college
smile.gif
I made $24/hr on summer at 16, fixing computer+broker desks at Bloomberg, Bear Stearns(RIP), and MoMa
smile.gif

simple job with free transportation
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i'd say nurses make a bit more than 30 an hour (atleast in NY they do). anesthesiologist is what you wanna go for if you want some serious $$$$ responsibility
Pass. I need a bigger margin for error with my line of work
grin.gif
It's so true though there so much liability that goes into being an anesthesiologist. I've heard there malpractice insurance can set youback a little. I've thought about it but i'll just settle with being a NP haha.

Great thread.
I'm shocked about the TV producer's salary; you would think 4X's that amount with all of the
advertising that networks profit from.

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

SON THIS IS SF COPS SALARY ITS A BIG CITY SMALL TOWN REALLY DO PULL 17K - 23,000 K UR BOTH RIGHT

Huh?

Should I show you my check stub or what?

laugh.gif
why you so defensive? That rape case got you on edge huh ben
frown.gif
But my point is a median salary for a cop doesn't exceed that much, yeah probably forthe bay - but that's such a small sampling of everyone else on this board who doesn't live in a big city. Any dudes considering nursing , feel free toPM me - ill help you out.

Back
Top Bottom