*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

these are all media-created pipe dreams to hype up the season

teams don't want to help the Lakers and they won't take aging guys like Odom, Gasol, Artest for superstars just entering their prime

won't happen
Although you make a great point and ultimately I believe neither will be a Laker, I do think LA is one of the better teams that can make an enticing offer... Bynum isn't old and Lamar is only 32 and gives them great versatility... and if the Lakers are crazy enough to offer Bynum and Gasol then I think it's a no-brainer that Orlando should take that deal... think about how Melo and Bron left Denver and Cleveland... I don't think Orlando wants to end up the same way

^^ well Denver got some good young talent for Melo - Chandler, Felton, Gallinari....but I see your point about Cleveland

Obviously Orl and N.O. don't want their stars to walk away for nothing. But wouldn't they rather get young talent than players over 30 with large contracts - Gasol, Artest, Odom
I know Bynum's a good young piece, so the Orlando deals seems more likely. They probably will want the Lakers to take on Arenas' contract and other garbage they want to unload.

But N.O. would probably rather get Kaman, Jordan, Gordon from Clippers over Gasol/Odom/Artest or whoever else from the Lakers.

I'd love to have Howard, CP3 and Kobe, but it just doesn't seem realistic to me.

GO LAKERS!!!

Just wanted to say that it is soooooooo not happening.

Period.

Just… no.

laugh.gif

Ack, I hate all these damn rumors flying around. It simply toys with people's emotions because they rarely ever happen. But, at the same time, I ask myself why these "rumors" pop up, and it's because they make us all hyped, start a dialogue and consume more NBA news/games, etc. So, in effect, the hype machine is in full effect with the Lakers at the center like usual. Christmas can't come soon enough!

IMO, we don't get either Howard nor Paul. I'd love to be wrong though...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

^^ well Denver got some good young talent for Melo - Chandler, Felton, Gallinari....but I see your point about Cleveland

Obviously Orl and N.O. don't want their stars to walk away for nothing. But wouldn't they rather get young talent than players over 30 with large contracts - Gasol, Artest, Odom
I know Bynum's a good young piece, so the Orlando deals seems more likely. They probably will want the Lakers to take on Arenas' contract and other garbage they want to unload.

But N.O. would probably rather get Kaman, Jordan, Gordon from Clippers over Gasol/Odom/Artest or whoever else from the Lakers.

I'd love to have Howard, CP3 and Kobe, but it just doesn't seem realistic to me.

GO LAKERS!!!
Yes, you are completely right, and I think I miss-spoke.... I believe the Lakers can make the more enticing package for one or the other, but def. not for both.  I don't get how a package centered around Bynum has some "rival GM" saying the Magic don't want our old guys. He gives them youth and imo we still have no idea how this kid will be when he starts to  mature, people forget how young he is 'cuse we treat him as a vet.  I think we should do everything in our power to get Dwight and then go and get a FA Point Guard.  Aaron Brooks? Baron if he gets cut? I think that would make for a formidable team that can make a run at a title.  imagine Baron or Brooks at the PG, Kobe, Ron, Pau, Dwight, a healthy Barnes and maybe Kapono to stretch the floor.... doesnt sound half bad. 

The second I heard Chris Broussard release this "rumor" I knew it wasn't happening.

I told my friend last night, Lakers really need a PG more than anything.

My ideal situation of course would be to get both, but I am a huge fan of LO.

I would love to trade, Bynum, Barnes, Blake/Brown 1st rd pick to NO for CP3 or to NJ for D Will. Then sign Tyson chandler...reunite him with CP3 and he can be the defensive presence, allowing pau to continue to play the 4, and having LO at the 3...keeps us tall, and gives us a defensive anchor, and a big man who doesnt need the ball to be productive

I highly doubt both will come.

That or make a play for D Will and Howard

If we go after CP3 we sacrifice this year.. Since D12 seems unlikely in a trade

You go after CP3, and trade Bynum, we are weak in the point.. You trade Pau, you are risking relying on Bynum for a full season..

Wonder if NOH  take LO & World Peace (plus 2 first round picks)

Then next off season decline Bynum's option, and go after D12.

This worked in trade Machine on ESPN...   CP3 & Trevor Ariza (plus like $6mil of Peja trade exemption) for  LO, Metta, Luke, Caracter and a 1st and 2nd rounder.. Turns out it makes the Lakers a team that loses 5 wins, and doesn't hurt Hornets.. I take that trade in a SECOND if I were the Lakers

i hate getting my emotions toyed with.

i realisticlly know it's damn near impossible for us to get both cp3 and dwight. i could picture teams being reluctant to trade the second guy to the lakers just because it's the lakers and they don't want to help start the next laker dynasty.

still one or the other would be nice, i'd prefer chris paul though.

whatever needs to be done outside of kobe make it happen.

..But N.O. would probably rather get Kaman, Jordan, Gordon from Clippers over Gasol/Odom/Artest or whoever else from the Lakers.
1000% agree
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

..But N.O. would probably rather get Kaman, Jordan, Gordon from Clippers over Gasol/Odom/Artest or whoever else from the Lakers.
1000% agree
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Doubt CP3 wants the clippers though. Lakers is the way to go.

either Chris or Dwight will go to LA.

Deal with it, makes too much sense for either of them at this point in their careers NOT to sign with a market like LA.

kobe retiring soon, and the face of the worlds most popular bball franchise (2010) will be up for grabs.

Didnt read last few pages but I hope someone said this same thing GET CP3 NUMBER 1. Yes I understand DH is a better player and an amazing center but we have SOME of the qualities in our post already. We have nothing NOTHING at the PG spot.. love fisher but he is a backup type guy now and Blake..........needs to go back to Portland or Maryland or anywhere and take his headband with him.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

[h3]
[h3]Rival GM Doesn't Believe Magic Will Take Offer From Lakers For Howard[/h3]
Dec 06, 2011 11:45 AM EST

At least one general manager believes the Magic won't trade Dwight Howard to the Lakers.

Orlando would let Howard sign outright in free agency "rather than take garbage the Lakers would offer," sa

id the GM. "Nobody wants their old guys."

ViaSam Amico/Fox Sport Ohio (via Twitter)
[/h3]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

This sounds like it's coming from the Clips GM or some small market GM like the Cavs, Bobcats that don't want to see the Lakers getting stronger for the future
laugh.gif

The key thing the Lakers have and why I see D12 deal realistically happening is because no other team can offer as much immediate cap relief.

-Bynum has a team option at $15 million after this season. Orlando can try him out for a year or 2 and see if they want to build around him for the future.

-Odom has a team option worth around $8 million. I'm pretty sure the Lakers would pick up the tab on his partially guaranteed contract.

-Also Lakers would be willing to take on Hedo's horrible contract since they know they could use the amnesty rule on him. 

You’ve waited so patiently for the NBA season to begin, it was onlyfair for Santa Stern to debut the 66-game schedule with a big bow onChristmas Day’s nicely wrapped openers, here highlighted by L.A.’sbattle against reigning MVP Derrick Rose and Chicago.

For we who follow the NBA, getting the schedule really does compareto opening a cool present, if one that requires you to read thedirections before you can assemble.

You need to know when your favorite opposing player comes to town,how a 10 percent decrease in rest due to increased back-to-backs mightaffect Kobe and Co’s legs, what six Eastern cities L.A. will skip in2011-12 and why that makes the Lakers’ schedule among the league’s mostdifficult.
[table][tr][td]
2011-12 Schedule Wallpaper
1112lakersschedule_wallpaper_thumb.jpg

Widescreen: 1920x1200
[/td][/tr][/table]Here is the set of directions you need to operate your gift: the Lakers 2011-12 schedule:
Month-to-Month
  • December: 5, (4h/1a)
  • January: 17, (9h/8a)
  • February: 13 (4h/9a)
  • March: 17, (9h/8a)
  • April: 14, (7h/7a)
For starters, throw out any comparisons to monthly schedules of thepast few years, when the Lakers would be in L.A. so much you’d havetrouble not spotting player X in Manhattan Beach after practice. If17-of-21 home games to start 2009-10 was unbalanced like your annoyinglittle brother inexplicably dating the prom queen, this season is morelike Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow, because February aside, thepurple and gold (or white) uniforms will be adorned in alternatingfashion.

Having four of five games at home in late December seems beneficial,at least until recognizing that three of them come in the firstfivenights of the season, with a road game (@SAC, 12/26) smack in themiddle of a back-to-back-to-back. February, as always, will pit theLakers on the road for all but four games, out of thirteen, as theGrammy Awards take over STAPLES Center, while Mike Brown’s bunch willfinish with an even seven and seven (not the drink!) split in April.

Hot starts have been the rule for Kobe and Co. in recent years: L.A.opened 2008-09 on a 14-1 spurt, 2009-10 at 18-3 and rolled off eightstraight W’s to start last season (13-2 on Nov. 23), a collectivewinning percentage of .882. Making that more difficult this season isthe 5-game suspension to beserved by Andrew Bynum for his elbow of J.J.Barea in Game 4 of the WesternSemi’s last season.
[table][tr][td]
Printable Schedule (.pdf)

[/td][/tr][/table]Day-By-Day
  • Sunday - 14 games, (10h/4a)
  • Monday - 5 (2h/3a)
  • Tuesday - 11 (7h/4a)
  • Wednesday - 10 (2h/8a)
  • Thursday - 7 (2h/5a)
  • Friday - 13 (8h/5a)
  • Saturday - 6 (2h/4a)
We have a proposition for the Lakers wives/girlfriends club: turnWednesday into a movie, bowling or beach bonfire club night – if“Basketball Wives L.A.

Okay guys, I made a fantasy league in the official fantasy thread but I also wanted
 to start one for only us Laker fans.
It's going to be a 12 team league, so first 11 to PM me will get the 

password and league ID.

League name: NT Lake Show

Yahoo League

12 teams

H2H points league.

For us Laker fans only...will keep the thread even more 

interesting throughout the season. 
pimp.gif

PM me if you want in. 

Mention you are a laker fan somewhere in the message so i know its for this league.

Please only sign up if you intend to play all year, 

its not fun when people quit after losing a few weeks...it messes up the 

whole league.

11 spots open now! PM me. 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom