*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Just read that rumor has it D12 will be a Laker in a matter of hours... 
nerd.gif

Hope this is true!

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Okafor has to be included, right? Salaries don't match otherwise.

So what if Orlando doesn't trade Howard to us. Do we just ride this season with Bynum and potentially Okafor in the middle and wait for Howard in the summer? Because I don't think that team is any better than last year's.

What if Orlando trades Howard to a team that he signs with? What other bigs are free agents next year?
Nah that only matters i think if both teams are over the cap, hence why we're gonna get some trade exceptions in this deal. 

I can't believe how many of you guys are staunch Odom and Gasol fans now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate Gasol's contribution, but that stunt he pulled in the playoffs last year was inexcusable. So… thanks for your service, and good riddance.

Now Odom? I still eff with Odom, and if all this really goes down the way we've heard, I'll miss him, no lie.

BUT THAT'S CHRIS PAUL!!
laugh.gif

You guys are thinking about just this season, when this puts us in better position for more than just one season.

Quick question to the laker fans, Kobe last year stated he would never team up with two superstars to try and when a chip.. with the current trade do you think Kobe ego doesnt want Howard?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by KOD843

nerd.gif

Hope this is true!

This guy 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
 Where? 
I heard it on 710 ESPN LA but I think they are just making assumptions.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Quick question to the laker fans, Kobe last year stated he would never team up with two superstars to try and when a chip.. with the current trade do you think Kobe ego doesnt want Howard?

I think he was saying that he would have never done it how Lebron did. The other two players are coming to the Lakers/ Kobe's team not the other way around. So, I think he's more than happy means more championships for him.

I am sure Kobe would rather do it all himself that's just who he is..

But I think it is much different....  2 Superstars and Chris Bosh colluding to be on the same team, and the front office making the right moves to get 2 superstars on the Lakers..

Originally Posted by Essential1

But I think it is much different....  2 SUPERSTARS AND CHRIS BOSH colluding to be on the same team, and the front office making the right moves to get 2 superstars on the Lakers..

laugh.gif

kobe wants to win as many chips as he can

How does it feel for you LA Folks???? 1st. albert ( beast) then CP3 to Lakers
pimp.gif

im from chicago but im sure glad that Paul is with us
smile.gif
on the other hand im a white sox fan and we dont like Halos so much lol

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I can't believe how many of you guys are staunch Odom and Gasol fans now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate Gasol's contribution, but that stunt he pulled in the playoffs last year was inexcusable. So… thanks for your service, and good riddance.

Now Odom? I still eff with Odom, and if all this really goes down the way we've heard, I'll miss him, no lie.

BUT THAT'S CHRIS PAUL!!
laugh.gif

You guys are thinking about just this season, when this puts us in better position for more than just one season.
I agree with you. Gasol gave up at the end of the season and playoffs just cause his girl was getting piped. Then when he plays for spain he goes 100%. Can't trust him anymore and his softness.

Odom will be missed though. He did not pull any %+#@# moves like gasol did. However, Odom is also 32 and probably past his prime.

Odom's prime lasted for like 1 day during game 4 of the 2009 finals when he went beast mode
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by KOD843

nerd.gif

Hope this is true!

This guy 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
 Where? 
Yeah they are. It's LA, there's always rumors. 

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Essential1 said:

But I think it is much different....  2 SUPERSTARS AND CHRIS BOSH colluding to be on the same team, and the front office making the right moves to get 2 superstars on the Lakers..

laugh.gif
If Dwight ends up in LA you don't think Dwight and CP3 colluded?

Y'all are the SAME ones talking about Lebron has no competitive spirit etc.

THE SAME ONES!

Originally Posted by PMatic

The best news of the day is that Shannon Brown won't be a Laker anymore.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

THIS!!! 
smile.gif

CP3 welcome!!! 
pimp.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

This guy 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
 Where? 
Yeah they are. It's LA, there's always rumors. 

True but the lakers have been saying since last yr they were out to get a new guard and a big man to replace bynum. With their f.o. and the moves they made to get gasol and odom, i wouldnt put d12 comming to la la land farfetched.

I appreciate Gasol's contribution, but that stunt he pulled in the playoffs last year was inexcusable.

Essentially. That was embarrassing and I can't forgive that lack of effort. Buh-bye.

Odom will be missed and I was hoping that if we did move him, it would be for Dwight; however, gaining Chris Paul at point is a monumental move.

Easily the best PG we've had since Magic. The versatility of our backcourt is a problem. And if Mike Brown is the defensive coach we all hope he is, we
should have a solid perimeter defense to say the least.

^hey man, I was laughing at the disrespect towards Bosh. We can't really say D12 and CP3 came together on this, it still the teams decision. Two of the Heat Big 3 were free agents. 2 of them made it pretty clear they were trying to come together.

Back
Top Bottom