*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by Essential1

So there are 3 teams Howard is pursuing a trade with...

The Mavericks could have put a deal together revolving around the Trade Exception they got in the Tyson Chandler deal... They are instead looking to ship the Exception to SAC for Dalembert.

The Nets are reported to be giving Nene $17.5 million a year... Meaning Brook Lopez and picks for Howard straight up won't happen because they squandered all cap space on Nene... Also if Mavs want Hedo to be apart of the Deal.. Nets would have to give up Brook, Morrow, Farmar & Deron Williams... Which ain't gonna happen...

So there's 1 team left...

And LAKERS/ROCKETS/HORNETS sent a new trade to NBA involving CP3
im sure the nets are gonna sign nene when they still have a shot at dwight .... please.

I honestly think Dwight "going" after other teams is really just a front. If he came out and said he was actively looking to be on the Lakers, then there would be a crazy uproar and they'd really try to block that from happening. But, I think if we can close this CP3 deal then we can expect to get Dwight shortly after.

Ticket are available but are horrible seats in the 300 levels.

I'm just going to buy tickets through stubhub or ebay.

Good luck NT fam.

IMO we're still giving up too much for CP3. Not really sold on Okafor either (if he's included), since West is going to the Celts.

If we give up Odom and Gasol for Cp3, and Bynum for Howard, who is our back up big?

Soundin like Odom, Pau, Ebanks, and Caracter out and Paul and Emeka back. 

And that thins us out for D12.  Still may make a play, but if not

Bynum
Okufor
Artest
Kobe
Paul

Fish
Blake
Kapono
Barnes
Walton
Goudelock
Morris

ZERO frontcourt players.  We'd need to make more moves. 

5am6oody72:
23ska909red02:
hunter2k4:
Although I agree with you in that regard, I believe we're living an unprecedented moment in the league... it's a full blown arms race right now where stars call each other to ponder the posibities of playing together... CP3 to the Lakers started as one of those rumors and it finnaly happened if not for the veto... Miami's big 3 certainly changed the land scape... now the Lakers want to capitalize on the possibility to secure their future except, David Stern seems pretty determined not to let that happen
Granted, but there's no point in putting the cart before the horse. That's all I'm saying. If it happens, let's all get excited and talk about it, or talk about how it's completely terrible… whatever. But getting all excited about it before there's any real proof that it has happened? I don't get that, I don't get that at all. That's why I said I don't get why you guys do this to yourself.
Because it's all about the anticipation. When you're a kid and Christmas is on the horizon, it's all about the time leading up to the day when you open your presents, and trying to guess what they're gonna be and looking around the house to see where your parents hid them
laugh.gif
You don't just not think about it at all, and then wait until Christmas morning to get excited/happy about it.
Christmas was definitely the wrong example to use, at least with me personally.
laugh.gif

But no, I get what you're saying; that's just not me. My mind is too concrete, literal, and cynical to get excited over a possibility. Been like that since I was a kid; no joke.

Example: 1993, one of the foster homes I was in, they managed to get Laker tickets donated to us, and the foster parents sealed the tickets up in envelopes, and gave all of us kids the envelopes after we had opened all of our presents and went through our stockings. Of course, all the presents were nothing to get too excited about, and the stockings were filled with your standard oranges and pencils… and then they give us kids these envelopes. I'll never forget, the mom handed out the envelopes, all smiling and everything, and the dad said something like, "I know this won't make your Christmases a ton better, but here you go." As we all opened up our envelopes and saw that we each had a Laker ticket inside, all the other kids were excited as hell… but not me. I remember thinking "It's not like we're there yet."
laugh.gif
Even my best friend in the home, Gregg, didn't understand why I wasn't jumping for joy. He was all like, "Dude, Laker tickets, baby!" and I was like, "I'll get excited when I'm there. My social worker could show up tomorrow and take me to another home, and then… no Laker game for me."
laugh.gif

Told you, I've never been the type to get excited about a possibility. Been like this since I was a kid. *Kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

5am6oody72:
23ska909red02:
Granted, but there's no point in putting the cart before the horse. That's all I'm saying. If it happens, let's all get excited and talk about it, or talk about how it's completely terrible… whatever. But getting all excited about it before there's any real proof that it has happened? I don't get that, I don't get that at all. That's why I said I don't get why you guys do this to yourself.
Because it's all about the anticipation. When you're a kid and Christmas is on the horizon, it's all about the time leading up to the day when you open your presents, and trying to guess what they're gonna be and looking around the house to see where your parents hid them
laugh.gif
You don't just not think about it at all, and then wait until Christmas morning to get excited/happy about it.
Christmas was definitely the wrong example to use, at least with me personally.
laugh.gif

But no, I get what you're saying; that's just not me. My mind is too concrete, literal, and cynical to get excited over a possibility. Been like that since I was a kid; no joke.

Example: 1993, one of the foster homes I was in, they managed to get Laker tickets donated to us, and the foster parents sealed the tickets up in envelopes, and gave all of us kids the envelopes after we had opened all of our presents and went through our stockings. Of course, all the presents were nothing to get too excited about, and the stockings were filled with your standard oranges and pencils… and then they give us kids these envelopes. I'll never forget, the mom handed out the envelopes, all smiling and everything, and the dad said something like, "I know this won't make your Christmases a ton better, but here you go." As we all opened up our envelopes and saw that we each had a Laker ticket inside, all the other kids were excited as hell… but not me. I remember thinking "It's not like we're there yet."
laugh.gif
Even my best friend in the home, Gregg, didn't understand why I wasn't jumping for joy. He was all like, "Dude, Laker tickets, baby!" and I was like, "I'll get excited when I'm there. My social worker could show up tomorrow and take me to another home, and then… no Laker game for me."
laugh.gif

Told you, I've never been the type to get excited about a possibility. Been like this since I was a kid. *Kanye shrug*

So did you go?

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Good luck NT fam.

Horrible? I have a better time up top then I do below. The real fans are up there. I can yell and cheer and not get looked at funny. I'm catching one game since I will be home on military leave on new years eve. It would be nice to buy my daughter a CP3 jersey and hopefully I can rock a D-12 jersey. 

For a minute there was talk that Lamar was not in the deal, which meant he would be in a Dwight deal, like a minute later it was said Odom IS going to N.O., and that Emeka is NOT coming back to LA.  So now I have no idea who is being sent our way.  Ariza?  Jack?  They have like 4 players, and Paul is one of them, so who else is left? 

this is a joke at this point,new deal submitted but no one knows what the pieces are lulz recipe for disaster.

Just watched the Kobe interview 
laugh.gif

C. Miller: What do you have to say to Lamar and Pau, any word of advice?

Kobe:
indifferent.gif
Yeah, just do you job!

Both Lamar and Pau didn't show up to practice?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

Good luck NT fam.

Horrible? I have a better time up top then I do below. The real fans are up there. I can yell and cheer and not get looked at funny. I'm catching one game since I will be home on military leave on new years eve. It would be nice to buy my daughter a CP3 jersey and hopefully I can rock a D-12 jersey. 

200 Level>*

You get the best of both worlds

Originally Posted by Wings90

I know we don't need him but it'd be nice to get Ariza back.
Forgot about him.  Would definitely not complain if we could get him.

Don't like that we have to take Emeka back.  Does he have any range?  He and Bynum will clog the paint.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Good luck NT fam.

Yeah bro..
I was finding seats in the 326 to 328 sections for the Celtics game. Those seats are nose bleed behind the basket
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The best I found was 4 seats in section 312 which is like 4 sections from mid court for the game on 4-15-12 which is my b-day. Which after ticketmaster fees was like $358 total.

No thanks.

When I go to games and sit in the 300 level seats I go for the 320,319,318,317,316 sections.

Originally Posted by Wings90

I know we don't need him but it'd be nice to get Ariza back.

no thanks. ariza, artest, blake, barnes. probably could be the worst shooting team in the league no? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

pimp.gif
Originally Posted by gijace

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

can they send us Congo Cash back? or is he a free agent now? if he is, we should sign him again 

I totally agree with this. Then we should all say Tacos(Dacos). Lol

pimp.gif
real *@#% love this guy! he asked to take a pic with me at the espys after i asked to take one with him because he thought i played for the ravens
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom