*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by knightngale

It sounds like Dan Gilbert hacked into Kupchak's head

makes NO +@$@#%* SENSE unless the lakers get Howard
This is what I'm thinking. Maybe the Lakers pulled out so they can get Howard..... 
nerd.gif

You've gotta believe Lakers are focusing on getting D12. No way in hell Mitch pulls out of CP3 and then trade LO without good reason

This reminds me of when the Touchpad went on sale for 99 dollars. I was like cool i'll get one of these things for 99 dollars can't lose. When I couldn't find any for sale I started searching everywhere to find one, I was willing to !!##*** go to Best Buy at 6am to line up just in hopes they had one, when damn well a week ago I didn't know what a damn Touchpad was.

I didn't think we needed CP3 or Dwight Howard, just maybe a good decent starting point guard and bring this team back. Now I feel like if we don't get one of these two (I pray to jebus it's Howard) we failed.

Howard for LO + Bynum + Filler would be amazing.

Pick up PG (Billups maybe)
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Howard

That is a team!

Curious to see what the LO deal was. Hopefully we get Howard in the end at least. Still need a PG though. Our needs for a PG are much higher compared to a new center. Fisher is NOT cutting it anymore, from either end of the floor.

I'm going to be upset if we lose LO and don't end up with anything decent in the end and still have Pau. Maybe we can work Barrea in the deal somehow.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Curious to see what the LO deal was. Hopefully we get Howard in the end at least. Still need a PG though. Our needs for a PG are much higher compared to a new center. Fisher is NOT cutting it anymore, from either end of the floor.

Deal was for the trade exception from the sign and trade with Chandler, so basically Lakers gave Lamar up for nothing. My speculation is they go for Dwight and then sign Billups. What Mitch did was gangsta, basically an eff you to Lamar and David Stern. I heard Buss was mad at Lamar and ordered him out ASAP.

It will be LO to Mavs for Trade Exception..

That exception gets us all but $2.2million of Hedo's contract... Bynum for D12... Add in Steve Blake & a first rounder.

Starting Lineup
PG-Fisher
SG- Kobe
SF- Artest
PF- Gasol
C- Howard

And since no one wants to deal for CP3... Wouldn't be surprised if we add CP3 somehow by trade deadline

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Deal was for the trade exception from the sign and trade with Chandler, so basically Lakers gave Lamar up for nothing. My speculation is they go for Dwight and then sign Billups. What Mitch did was gangsta, basically an eff you to Lamar and David Stern. I heard Buss was mad at Lamar and ordered him out ASAP.

Interesting.....
Where did you hear that? 
nerd.gif

This is nuts
I don't know what is going on
This is just crazy
They need to get something done ASAP
This is playing with my emotions lol
Odom's name is getting tossed around like a bad ho
If we trade anyone and don't get Paul or Howard... It's a wrap for LA

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Interesting.....
Where did you hear that? 
nerd.gif

Twitter, it was a retweet and I can't find it right now.

I can understand Lamar leaving. His actions were inexcusable.

Show up to camp late, leave early then tell the world YOU have to stay away from training camp while pau does and says all the right things?

Sorry lamar your time is over...

LOL @ this news breaking at 9PM PST. Dudes been working all Saturday for THIS?

Actually if you remember earlier today there was a rumor that Lamar wasn't going to be involved in the trade to NO. Maybe he really wasn't and the plan was for him to go to DAL, while Gasol + filler remains part of the CP3 deal. We then have the trade exception we need to absorb Hedo's contract and end up with both our guys.

Fantasy football playoffs tomorrow.
sick.gif
Glad I don't have a wife and kids.

What the hell are the Lakers doing....Odom to the Mavs? Sure, just help out the defending champs..... When we first got Gasol, teams scrambled and made bad moves just to keep up with the Lakers. Seems like we are scrambling and making bad moves now but for no reason at all.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Interesting.....
Where did you hear that? 
nerd.gif

Twitter, it was a retweet and I can't find it right now.

you can't just throw out random info like that without a legitimate source

Originally Posted by tupac003

Show up to camp late, leave early then tell the world YOU have to stay away from training camp while pau does and says all the right things?

Agreed.

If I had to guess I would say that when the trade for CP3 got reworked the lakers either had to take okafur or they lost the trade exception they were going to get for LO which mens they would have got CP3 but not the additional cap space.

LO got himself into all of this. Your being paid to play basketball, should have just showed up to camp, practiced and do what he's paid to do. Yeah its probably frustrating for him but there are millions of others in this country that can't put food on there table and dude is pouting like a child cause he can't stay in LA. Pau did the right thing and looks like in the end is staying a Laker. I may be alone on my point of view of Odom cause i know some of y'all are big LO fans.

yea but at least don't trade him to the champs FOR NOTHING when you can probably something decent for him
or wait til the trade deadline

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Agreed.
I love Lamar as much as the next man (NH) but you are right. Watching Gasol go out there and practice like he did showed me a lot.

Back
Top Bottom