*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Any chance you have to sign a slow white guy, you have to take it. 
ohwell.gif

I'm not big on the Murph signing, but he has to be better than Ratliff I guess. 

I do like what I have seen out of McRoberts in clips.  That's a decent signing, and if Kapono can help, maybe we get some bounce back seasons from Barnes and Blake, suddenly we are in good shape again. 

Throw in Ebanks coming up as well. 

Bynum
Pau
Barnes
Kobe
Fish

Murphy
McRoberts
Artest
Ebanks
Blake

Kapono
Walton/Morris/Gaudelock (need to learn to spell this kids name)/Caracter when he gets back/Green.

Stars align, more rest, little anger, new defensive approach, good health, we could come out and be who we are again.  But if those 6 games in 8 nights take a toll, could be some trouble.  I'd rather this was a 50 game season than a 66 the way it's scheduled out. 
30t6p3b.gif

If Phil was still the coach I would throw in the towel right now. I think Brown can coach this group up though. Back in 06-07, the Cavs had the 4th best defense and with bigs like Ilgauskas, Varejao, Donyell Marshall, and Drew Gooden. I think he has plenty enough talent here to produce a top 7 defense and that should win a lot of games, if not make them close.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Baron Davis hasn't done %*** in years!

We can get him for dirt cheap, but I don't see him helping us at all. With D-Fisher, one quick move by an opposing PG and they're already scoring. With B-Diddy, one quick move by an opposing PG and there goes his back for the season.

I like the Troy Murphy signing. As mentioned Ratliff and Joe Smith were just too old. Caracter is garbage as well, so this is some good news.

We still need a better signing though.

if the lakers want him they can have him. even if hes one injury away from retirement he cant possibly be worse than derek fisher. ok maybe so but i rather have him than blake... call me crazy.
lakers shoulda signed arenas

Like the signing of Troy.
Y'all is tripping if you didn't see Baron balling with Clipps.
Its like he got his love of basketball back.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Like the signing of Troy.
Y'all is tripping if you didn't see Baron balling with Clipps.
Its like he got his love of basketball back.

and he's going to love it even more if he plays for the Lakers! sign the guy... Although I wanted to ask u guys a question... do we still have money to sign free agents out right or do we have to trade for players in order to acquire them?

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Essential1

How I see the Playoff standings:
1. OKC
2. Clippers
3. Grizzles
4. Mavericks
5. Spurs
6. Warriors
7. Lakers
8. Nuggets/Rockets
23jn1ir.gif
Warriors ahead of Lakers?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(Check my sig too).

Lets start with getting to the playoffs first.

Troy Murphy should be an upgrade from Ratliff and Smith

I have a feeling the Lakers might sign Davis or Arenas.

Davis is a L.A. guy so maybe the thought of playing on a winning team in his hometown will motivate him.

Wasn't Fisher the worst starting PG statistically last season?

This dude really does not give a %+$$. He's going to keep getting paid and starting as long as he can regardless if he knows he's done.

Fisher didn't even start when he was in the prime of his career, now he's about 45 years old and a starter smh.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Essential1

How I see the Playoff standings:
1. OKC
2. Clippers
3. Grizzles
4. Mavericks
5. Spurs
6. Warriors
7. Lakers
8. Nuggets/Rockets
23jn1ir.gif
Warriors ahead of Lakers?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(Check my sig too).

Lets start with getting to the playoffs first.

I actually had Lakers #2... Clippers #7.... But mjshoefanatic is a Clippers homer, and edited it

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Troy Murphy should be an upgrade from Ratliff and Smith

I have a feeling the Lakers might sign Davis or Arenas.

Davis is a L.A. guy so maybe the thought of playing on a winning team in his hometown will motivate him.
Arenas is also an L.A. guy. So I would think both would be motivated to play on a winning team. Especially if it was the Lakers.

I also like the Murphy signing. We are getting a pretty solid bench lined up behind the starting 5. We have guys on the bench that can spread the floor, and can open things up for the bigs down in the paint. I really want a solid PG for a back up like Davis. I know he isn't the prototypical PG, when healthy, he can still put in points. 

I dont want a PG who shoots a lot... Want more of a traditional PG.. Who shoots when necessary, but is mainly there to set up plays and pass to others... And plays some defense...

I want Arenas. Would be worth paying him nothing for sure. I've always like him since AZ so I wouldn't mind giving him the shot...

I REALLY hope Bdiddy signs with the Lakers.
He still has a lot of game in him, and I've always been a fan of his (when healthy/motivated).

& didn't he average 14/7 last season? I imagine on this team he'd be able to average around 16ppg/9assists. Plus he is a hell of a playmaker(just has questionable shot selection from 3 lol)

I'd love to have Bdiddy on this team. He'd be better talent wise than any PG we've had in 5+ years. Plus he's from LA
pimp.gif

I just want our defense to be tougher and consistent. Points will come but defense is the key here. We have the players to do that except for Fish.
tired.gif

I can rest assure you guys wont get number 17 with Murphy. Dudes too slow, you guys need speed in your front court. 

Back
Top Bottom