*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Arenas would know exactly what he was getting into if he decided to sign with us. He knows that he'd be the fourth option in the starting lineup so I don't see why he would agree to be part of this team if he wanted a large role.

"Oh, I definitely understand this is a team already established behind Kobe, Pau, and Bynum. I have no problem with that at all."

3 months in, during an interview about a rumor that he's unhappy: "I mean, I just thought I would get at least a few more touches than I have been here. I can get buckets, so maybe I just need to be somewhere that will appreciate my talents more."

BANK on that.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Arenas would know exactly what he was getting into if he decided to sign with us. He knows that he'd be the fourth option in the starting lineup so I don't see why he would agree to be part of this team if he wanted a large role.

because not a lot of teams are interested, but i think the lakers would be a good fit if he would work hard and becomes more serious than just a joker.. i'd raher have him than baron davis.. who is a good player, but come on... dude is overweight every single year... and we need an upgrade at pg, cause derek fisher is not good enough and neither is steve blake. besides, arenas would also be able to play two guard if kobe needs a rest..

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

cause to me bynum is a bum.. with his body and hands he should have be a combo of kareem and shaq.. he's a 70,6% free throw shooter, but lazy as hell

You're WAY off base there IMO. Have you not seen the shape he's in right now? He trained with Freddie Roach in the offseason. Bynum is one of the few dudes on the team who consistently hustles and plays the game the right way without making excuses, and will actually call out the team's effort. After we got swept he said flat out let's be honest, the team didn't prepare hard/well enough to win. 
Bynum's pretty well-spoken and on the ball mentally and takes a pretty professional approach. He also has worked pretty hard to develop good fundamentals and to come back from injuries. Just because he's often injured and hobbled doesn't mean he's lazy. I think if he can just stay healthy he will be huge for us this year.

damn, just read that the Magic still owe Arenas 62.4 million dollars
eek.gif

damn! lol.  

Also read that if Pau were to be traded to another team, he would become the 2nd highest paid player in the league due to his 15% trade kicker.

btw, now that Bdiddy is gone, what are the chances that the Clips waive/amnesty Mo Williams?  Either that or we can get him for the TPE since he makes about 8 mil per. 

I never really liked Mo (clowned on him when he was on the cavs lol), but he is familiar with Brown's coaching and would be an upgrade over who currently have at pg.  Plus he has the ability to score 16-20 ppg consistently and hits 3's with a good percentage. 

Buuuut, I just realized, when was the last time we did a transaction with the Clippers?

Mo Williams would definitely be a good look for us. I mean, the Cavs were silly for trying to make it seem like he was the star that would keep LeBron in town, because he's no star.

But he'd be a good look for us.

It's not that he sucks; is that he didn't know how to adjust to playing with an overexerting superstar teammate.

Kobe and Pau, come playoff time, it's just business as usual. They don't change their game up just because it's the playoffs. Mo would be fine.

Yeah, mentally, 'playoff Kobe' is different than 'regular season Kobe', but on the court? Same dude, and that's what teammates need, and that's how you win championships.

And that's [one of the reasons] why LeBron doesn't have any.

why that idiot jim buss traded odom to the mavs out of anyone else? I have no problem trading Odom after he acted like a baby.
I wish Dr. Buss could go home and slap in his son stupid head. Grrrrrrrrrr

I was watching the Mavs game today and when I saw Odom on the screen I dropped my coffee mug in my lap as I was taking a sip. Reality hit, bro. Can't believe it.

This is unbelievable... the way management has handled the CP3 debacle has been anything but smooth. It's true that the league pulled a fast one on us but the aftermath makes it clear that management had no idea how to rebound or move forward. First giving in to Lamar's demands which is semi-excusable, then saying that they were actively pursuing ''Big Moves'' or trades and now telling Pau that he won't be traded. How the front office doesn't realize that we need a PG is beyond me. This team as it was constructed had the potential to contend for a title, all they needed was a solid Point Guard to serve as floor general for the new offensive system, that's it! someone fast, athletic and with good court vision. That was all the upgrade we needed. Instead we are left without the 6th man of the year and DFish (which God knows I'm soo appreciative of what he has done for the Franchise) as our starting PG. Expect every other PG to torch us this year... AGAIN!

I created a list of Laker trade rumors that never happened
Dirk Nowitzki for Shaq

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1833541

The Lakers are insisting on receiving Dirk Nowitzki in any deal that sends Shaq to Dallas. The Mavericks insist they won't trade Nowitzki and were hoping to involve Nash in a sign-and-trade deal with Golden State that would route Warriors free-agent center Erick Dampier to L.A. as Shaq's replacement

Grant Hill/Juwan Howard/ Orlando's # 1 pick (Dwight Howard) for Shaq

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=1824721

And Orlando is the only place that makes sense. Orlando has the first overall pick to dangle, and a ton of other No. 1 picks to add to the package. Orlando has huge contracts to send back to make the deal work, like Grant Hill's and Juwan Howard's. Orlando is the place where Shaq still owns a home, and if Shaq comes, trust me, Tracy McGrady will rescind his trade request. This is the trade Shaq wants.

Carlos Boozer for Caron Butler,Devean George And Vlade Divac

According to Jack Haley on the Southern California sports report on FSN the Lakers have traded SF-Caron Butler,SF-Devean George and C-Vlade Divac to the Utah Jazz for PF-Carlos Boozer...pending league approval it will be announced within 24-48 hours.

Mike Kryzweski - not really a trade but it was rumored the the Lakers were interested after Phil's first LA retirement

Jason Kidd for Andrew Bynum

Bryant criticizing Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak for not pulling off a mid-season trade that would have sent Andrew Bynum to the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

Loul Deng/Tim Thomas/Ben Gordon/Joakim Noah for Kobe Bryant

As ESPN.com reported on Saturday, the Lakers have asked for Deng, Thomas, guard Ben Gordon and rookie Joakim Noah as the core parts of any trade for Bryant.

Kevin Garnett or Jermaine Oneal for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum

But to get Garnett, they had to give up both Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom's very large contract. A similar offering was rumored to be sent to Indiana later that summer in exchange for Jermaine O'Neal(notes)

Chicago's 2006  #2 pick (Brandon Roy)   for Lamar odom

Brandon Roy seems to have everything that Coach Jackson wants for his Triangle offense.

The problem is that most mock drafts have him at or around the #5 pick. The rumor that the Lakers may trade for the Chicago #2 pick so that they can draft Brandon Roy, seems to have some legs even though there isn't a specific source within the Lakers that is attributed to it. No Laker official is likely to come out and make such a pronouncement, so these rumors usually start with writers who have un-named inside sources.

But interest is far from a done deal. The rumor says that Lamar Odon could be traded for the #2 and the #16 pick from Chicago. Moving Lamar's contract creates even more cap space for next summer.

Carmelo Anthony for Andrew Bynum

The report said the deal would revolve around Andrew Bynum for Anthony, though a team source told The Times on Tuesday that the Lakers were unwilling to deal Bynum

Dwight Howard *
nerd.gif

1.)The Lakers could explore trading Odom along with Bynum and draft picks, to Orlando for Howard and point guard Jameer Nelson

2.)Pau-Bynum for Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglo

Chris Paul For Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom

Before Stern intervened, the Lakers had reached an agreement to acquire Paul in a deal that would have cost them Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Under terms of the deal, the Lakers would have sent Gasol to the Rockets. The Hornets would have received Odom, Rockets guards Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic and forward Luis Scola, league sources said.

Houston had also agreed to send a 2012 first-round pick – previously obtained from the Knicks – to New Orleans as part of the package, a source said.

I know theres more 
laugh.gif

theres still spots left in our Laker fantasy bball league.
Join now fellas.

first come first serve. 12 teams total. Head 2 Head. only for us laker fans, serious players only please.

Yahoo.

League ID: 71143

PW: snake

Kobe Bryant Q&A: Laker for life?

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 12 hours, 39 minutes ago

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Kobe Bryant is beginning his 16th season with the Los Angeles Lakers and seeks his sixth NBA championship, a distinction that would equal Michael Jordan’s six titles. This season also could become one of Bryant’s tougher challenges. Swept by the Dallas Mavericks in the second round last season, the Lakers and Bryant return with a new coach and questions about the strength of their roster.

After the Lakers had their trade for Chris Paul blocked by NBA commissioner David Stern, they sent Lamar Odom to the Mavericks and watched Paul end up with the Los Angeles Clippers. The Lakers remain interested in acquiring Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, which means Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum should continue to hear their names in trade talks.

Kobe Bryant believes the Lakers can make a run at the 2012 title with their current roster.
Bryant, 33, discussed a number of issues in an interview with Yahoo! Sports: his offseason knee surgery; new coach Mike Brown; the Paul and Odom trades; Howard; and whether he might seek his own trade. The one subject Bryant wouldn’t address: his pending divorce.

Q: Do you see yourself retiring with the Lakers? There’s been speculation you might want a change.

Bryant: “I don’t know where that comes from. I don’t have any feeling about [leaving] whatsoever.

Word Screamin' Stephen A is usually on point with everything. Had Bron going to MIA before anyone else last summer.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Join now fellas.

first come first serve. 12 teams total. Head 2 Head. only for us laker fans, serious players only please.

Yahoo.

Is the league from last year? I just joined. Did you send invites to last year's players though?

Kookcle:

And Orlando is the only place that makes sense. Orlando has the first overall pick to dangle, and a ton of other No. 1 picks to add to the package. Orlando has huge contracts to send back to make the deal work, like Grant Hill's and Juwan Howard's. Orlando is the place where Shaq still owns a home, and if Shaq comes, trust me, Tracy McGrady will rescind his trade request. This is the trade Shaq wants.

Oh snap! Forgot about this! That would've been such a good look.

Fisher
George
Walton
Cook
Bryant
Russell
Malone
Pargo
Medvedenko
Fox
Payton
Rush
O'Neal
Grant

Take off Shaq, add Hill and Howard, and we're looking at going into the 2004-2005 season with a main rotation of:
Payton, Kobe, Malone, Fish, Fox, Ho.Grant, Bryan Russell, Slava, Devean, Grant Hill, and Juwan Howard.

Hell yeah!!
Kookcle:

Bryant criticizing Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak for not pulling off a mid-season trade that would have sent Andrew Bynum to the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Spoiler [+]
Kookcle:

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
Kookcle:

CP, this would have worked. I'm telling you. I know we still got 2 chips on 3 Finals appearances with Bynum, but we would've still been successful with Kidd. I'm telling you, bro. *Kanye shrug*

Spoiler [+]
No, you shut your face when you're talking to me. I'm right.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Join now fellas.

Yahoo.

Is the league from last year? I just joined. Did you send invites to last year's players though?
It's a new one, but same concept. Someone else made it last year. I've tried to invite everyone from last years league through repeated posts in this thread, not a lot of them have responded tho so new Laker fans are free to join. Glad you joined.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Q: Do you see yourself retiring with the Lakers? There’s been speculation you might want a change.

Bryant: “I don’t know where that comes from. I don’t have any feeling about [leaving] whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

I created a list of Laker trade rumors that never happened
Dirk Nowitzki for Shaq

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1833541

The Lakers are insisting on receiving Dirk Nowitzki in any deal that sends Shaq to Dallas. The Mavericks insist they won't trade Nowitzki and were hoping to involve Nash in a sign-and-trade deal with Golden State that would route Warriors free-agent center Erick Dampier to L.A. as Shaq's replacement

Carlos Boozer for Caron Butler,Devean George And Vlade Divac

According to Jack Haley on the Southern California sports report on FSN the Lakers have traded SF-Caron Butler,SF-Devean George and C-Vlade Divac to the Utah Jazz for PF-Carlos Boozer...pending league approval it will be announced within 24-48 hours.

Mike Kryzweski - not really a trade but it was rumored the the Lakers were interested after Phil's first LA retirement

Loul Deng/Tim Thomas/Ben Gordon/Joakim Noah for Kobe Bryant

As ESPN.com reported on Saturday, the Lakers have asked for Deng, Thomas, guard Ben Gordon and rookie Joakim Noah as the core parts of any trade for Bryant.

Kevin Garnett or Jermaine Oneal for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum

But to get Garnett, they had to give up both Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom's very large contract. A similar offering was rumored to be sent to Indiana later that summer in exchange for Jermaine O'Neal(notes)

Chicago's 2006  #2 pick (Brandon Roy)   for Lamar odom

Brandon Roy seems to have everything that Coach Jackson wants for his Triangle offense.

The problem is that most mock drafts have him at or around the #5 pick. The rumor that the Lakers may trade for the Chicago #2 pick so that they can draft Brandon Roy, seems to have some legs even though there isn't a specific source within the Lakers that is attributed to it. No Laker official is likely to come out and make such a pronouncement, so these rumors usually start with writers who have un-named inside sources.

But interest is far from a done deal. The rumor says that Lamar Odon could be traded for the #2 and the #16 pick from Chicago. Moving Lamar's contract creates even more cap space for next summer.

Carmelo Anthony for Andrew Bynum

The report said the deal would revolve around Andrew Bynum for Anthony, though a team source told The Times on Tuesday that the Lakers were unwilling to deal Bynum

Dwight Howard *
nerd.gif

1.)The Lakers could explore trading Odom along with Bynum and draft picks, to Orlando for Howard and point guard Jameer Nelson

2.)Pau-Bynum for Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglo

Chris Paul For Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom

Before Stern intervened, the Lakers had reached an agreement to acquire Paul in a deal that would have cost them Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Under terms of the deal, the Lakers would have sent Gasol to the Rockets. The Hornets would have received Odom, Rockets guards Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic and forward Luis Scola, league sources said.

Houston had also agreed to send a 2012 first-round pick – previously obtained from the Knicks – to New Orleans as part of the package, a source said.
I know theres more 
laugh.gif

Kidd and Marion for Kobe (2000)
Nash, Michael Finley and one of Antoine Walker/Antawn Jamison for Shaq
Abdur-Rahim, Ratliff and someone else (Darius Miles? Stoudamire?) for Shaq
Marion and crap for Kobe (2007)
Monta Ellis for Odom
#2 pick (Derrick Williams) for Odom started by Kobe's agent
Iguodala for Odom, also started by Kobe's agent

Back
Top Bottom