*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

I'm a fan of Artest, no doubt, but I am not calling this dude Meta World Peace, just like I've never called Chad 'Ochocinco.'

#getreal

Originally Posted by CP1708

We gonna end up with like none of those guys though ya'll. 
laugh.gif

QFT. No Laker rumors happen. 

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Is there a way to re-sign Brown and sign an quality bench player?

please stop. if i hear anyone say to re sign shannon brown im gonna go ape +#%+...

Mercutio wrote:

Out of Battier, Tay, and Caron, I'd go with Battier first, Tay second, and would not want Caron back. I'd probably go with Jamal Crawford before Caron, which is strange because I liked Caron when he was here. I just see Crawford providing much more scoring fire power as a 6th man than Caron would.
i like the way you think... my thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by NobleKane

please stop. if i hear anyone say to re sign shannon brown im gonna go ape +#%+...
I was referring to Ska's dream lineup.

Lakers are sitting at $91 million in salaries w/o rookies signed.

I was just wondering if Brown qualifies for bird rights or early bird rights.

Cause if he doesn't wouldn't we have to choose between re-signing him or bringing in someone new like Crawford or Battier?

Nobody has mentioned ebanks.......the kid needs more burn IMO.........if we bring in anybody FA wise, it should be a quality backup PF/C. unlike some of y'all i like Blake as our PG this year, even if its only to bridge the gap for our future PG

Man I can't wait to go to a couple Laker games @ Staples Center this season and hear this being played after a Laker victory:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm with Ska, I ain't callin no one WORLD PEACE 
laugh.gif

Ochocinco caught on after a while...but the name 'meta world peace' will never be said by me.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Lakers reach out to free-agent Shannon Brown[/h1]
November 30, 2011 | 12:18pm

The Lakers made contact Wednesday with the representative for free-agent guard Shannon Brown on the first day NBA teams could talk to agents.

Brown has been the main backup to Kobe Bryant in recent seasons. Brown opted out of a contract that would have paid him $2.37 million this season; he made $2.15 million last season with the Lakers.

"We talked about Shannon but it's a little early to see where it goes," agent Mark Bartelstein said Wednesday.

Brown, who turned 26 on Tuesday, averaged 8.7 points and 19.1 minutes last season, his third with the Lakers.

The Lakers have only one free-agent tool, the "mini mid-level" for three years and $9.4 million, but they wouldn't have to use it to re-sign Brown.

Teams are allowed to talk to players' agents but can't reach verbal or written agreements until Dec. 9, when training camps are scheduled to open. The Lakers begin the season Dec. 25.

The NBA collective-bargaining agreement is expected to be ratified next week by a majority vote of 450-plus players and 30 owners.

Walton Not Considering Retirement Despite Chronic Back Pain

Dec 02, 2011 10:20 AM EST

Luke Walton said his chronically sore back is not forcing him into early retirement.

"I expect to be on the court," he said in a phone interview with The Times. "I can fight through any pain I have and finish up the contract. I feel great right now, so there's no reason to believe I won't be able to play and help out the squad."

Walton, 31, has two years and $11.5 million left on his contract. Metta World Peace, 32, has three years and $21.5 million remaining.

Walton said he ignored reports that he might be waived.

"I felt there's a chance it could happen, but everything I've heard is that Mitch [Kupchak] isn't using it this year," Walton said, referring to the Lakers' general manager. "I think it's great. Our team is fine. We don't need big change. If you ask anyone on our team, we feel very confident that our window is not closed and we could win another championship before it does close."
Via Mike Bresnahan/Los Angeles Times 

DAMN!!! No please don't fight luke...please retire...you had a great career...(
laugh.gif
) Just go out! Go be a coach!

Interesting that Mitch is saying he won't use the amnesty...

Puke Walton
sick.gif

Monica
sick.gif

Really anxious to see what the new CBA will allow or restrict us from doing.

On Arron Afflalo: Sources told ESPN.com that the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, despite possessing no cap space to bid for the 26-year-old swingman, will continue to press the Nuggets to see if they’re amenable to sign-and-trade discussions. Sources say New Jersey and Minnesota, meanwhile, are among the teams with salary-cap space weighing whether to extend an offer sheet after free agency officially starts Dec. 9 that the Nuggets will have three days to match to keep Afflalo. ESPN.com

Read more:
[url=http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz1fPFmVK4i]http://www.insidehoops.co...mors.shtml#ixzz1fPFmVK4i[/url]

Arron Afflalo? How?

Mitch Kupchak says Lakers will be 'very limited' in free agency
December 2, 2011 | 1:49 pm

The Lakers roster that takes the floor at Staples Center on Christmas could look a lot like the one that shows up when training camp starts a week from Friday.

Link

Back
Top Bottom