*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Haven't posted on NT in forever. Start of the season and player movement has me excited and back here for now.

Is there any way Kobe can restructure his contract? Paying him $27 million next season and 30 the year after is going to leave us with zero leverage in free agency.

Smh @ Mike Brown, dude is annoying as hell with his weird @!$ facial gestures. I'm not one to care about peoples appearances but I think it's safe to say Mike Brown ws a very hated man when he was on the Cavs.

I think it was obvious that even with Kobe on one knee, he was still able to put up 25 a game. He dominated the first part of the season when Pau was out and he was the leading scorer in the NBA for while. Comes the playoffs, injuries and wear and tear, he obviously slowed down. I believe had Pau of played consistant 20 and 10, Kobe could of easily put up 25 a game as well. But with Pau Gasol being a completely spanish corpose, it wrecked everything.

I feel as long as Gasol doesn't pull another choke job during the playoffs and our team is atleast somewhat healthy we have a very, very good chance of winning it especially in a shortened season.

Oh yea, forgot to mention Lamar Kardashian. Dude balled out of his mind during the season and pulled his usual mid playoff vacation like he always has been known to do. This guy needs to get his +%#@ together and perform when we need him to.

Even when we repeated, had Odom of played decent in some of those games we would of won those titles a lot easier.

I guess this is too much to ask of though for Lamar & Pau. We all know these guys don't handle pressure well so lets just hope for the best.

Cant believe this dude said" i can play through the pain" like if we really need him to do that. How about you dont fight through anything and go ahead and retire.

Luke Walton is like that kid that has all the connections off the strength of his father and got into Yale, joined skull and bones but he just isn't smart enough and gifted enough to take it up a notch. He is like the G.W. Bush of basketball. You know his game isn't anywhere near good enough to get the contract or longevity he has had with a prestigious brand but his father made such a pact with the devil and has such pool he's ok. He represents everything wrong about society. Luke Walton just makes me question whether or not hard work really pays off. Think about the millions of cats that could be playing and contributing. I am a better basketball player than Luke and I don't even play anymore. I saw the cat in Westwood in a Lambo and I thought about just saying F it and moving to an island.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

roll.gif
 this my reaction when i read the lakers made contact with brown

another year of shannon brown, luke walton, steve blake, derek fisher, and now add mike brown into the mix... 

they need to try and move every one of them players. i dont care if its for antoine walker, jeremy lin, or if they have to dig %@%*%$@ fat lever outof his grave, do something to get these guys the hell outta here. i wonder what pau gasol thinks of them tryna re sign brown? 
sick.gif

LOL at the Triple H gif.

For some reason, whenever I watch Mike Brown speak, I'm thinking "Hmm, so that's what the fat Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock would look like..."

I can't wait until the first tip happens so we can at least talk about something real instead of speculating all the time.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

C'mom Luke, you gonna get paid either why

roll.gif
roll.gif

Fish cannot start another year dammit. Please! We need to get a decent PG.

I wonder how Mike Brown is going get Gasol out of his PMS funks that he gets into from time to time.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Luke Walton is like that kid that has all the connections off the strength of his father and got into Yale, joined skull and bones but he just isn't smart enough and gifted enough to take it up a notch. He is like the G.W. Bush of basketball. You know his game isn't anywhere near good enough to get the contract or longevity he has had with a prestigious brand but his father made such a pact with the devil and has such pool he's ok. He represents everything wrong about society. Luke Walton just makes me question whether or not hard work really pays off. Think about the millions of cats that could be playing and contributing. I am a better basketball player than Luke and I don't even play anymore. I saw the cat in Westwood in a Lambo and I thought about just saying F it and moving to an island.

roll.gif
roll.gif

According to WDRB, a television station in Kentucky, Jesse Buss, son of L.A. Lakers owner Jerry Buss, was found late Thursday night laying on the ground in Lexington. He was then picked up and arrested for Alcohol Intoxication. Some more details, courtesy of WDRB’s report: “23-year-old Jesse Buss was arrested Friday morning in Lexington and charged with Alcohol Intoxication. Buss is the son of L.A. Lakers’ owner, Jerry Buss and is considered to be one of the future leaders of the Lakers’ organization. Lexington Jail officials say Buss has bonded out of jail. Lexington Police were called to the area of South Broadway and W. Maxwell Street around 3:39 Friday morning for a report of a man laying on the ground. That’s where officials say Buss was picked up and charged. Sources tell WDRB he was demanding preferential treatment and told officers he was the son of Jerry Buss.

Just wanted to make a 2011 Lamar Odom AppreciationPost.
From his streaky play when he first became a Laker to becoming the 6th man of the year.

Last season Odom was the Lakers mostconsistentplayer, which a few years ago themereidea would be laughable. Also he was arguably their 2nd Best player.

Originally Posted by kash55

Just wanted to make a 2011 Lamar Odom�Appreciation�Post.
From his streaky play when he first became a Laker to becoming the 6th man of the year.

Last season Odom was the Lakers most�consistent�player, which a few years ago the�mere�idea would be laughable. Also he was arguably their 2nd Best player.

He wasn't the second best player in the playoffs though. 
laugh.gif

Dude pulled a Lamar ODUMB again when it mattered most.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by kash55

Just wanted to make a 2011 Lamar Odom�Appreciation�Post.

Last season Odom was the Lakers most�consistent�player, which a few years ago the�mere�idea would be laughable. Also he was arguably their 2nd Best player.

He wasn't the second best player in the playoffs though. 
laugh.gif

Dude pulled a Lamar ODUMB again when it mattered most.

so did the other 11 guys.

What's going on with Kobe? Haven't heard anything about him since he hit that game winner in the Drew League. It's like he disappeared and went to train on the moon or something. Haven't read one story about his work outs or anything related to that in months!!

Puke just give up already.
sick.gif
But sitting on the bench for $11.5M is too good to pass up on.
ohwell.gif

Magic is really started to get on my nervous always down talking the Lakers. He's been doing this for 2 years or so, it's getting old MJ!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

another year of shannon brown, luke walton, steve blake, derek fisher, and now add mike brown into the mix... 

......Yessssss!

Back
Top Bottom