*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Devin Harris plays on the Jazz

So frustrating guys...I'm happy the season is starting next Sunday, but damn I'm depressed that we have seemingly gotten worse this year.

This picture pretty much sums up how I feel...

469767901.jpg

Yeah, this pic says it all.

he got that "please get me the %#$@ outta here mom i dont wanna be here no more!" look 
roll.gif

Mamba MVP:

469767901.jpg

Kobe's face…
eek.gif
x
laugh.gif

Man, someone make one of those 'zoom in' pictures out of that, where you see the whole picture in the 1st square, then the 2nd square zooms in a little bit on just part of the picture, and then the 3rd square is even more zoomed in.

So like the first one would be that whole picture, then the 2nd square would be Kobe's face and a little bit around Kobe's face, then the third square would be zoomed in on just Kobe's face.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Mamba MVP:

469767901.jpg
Kobe's face…
eek.gif
x
laugh.gif

Man, someone make one of those 'zoom in' pictures out of that, where you see the whole picture in the 1st square, then the 2nd square zooms in a little bit on just part of the picture, and then the 3rd square is even more zoomed in.

So like the first one would be that whole picture, then the 2nd square would be Kobe's face and a little bit around Kobe's face, then the third square would be zoomed in on just Kobe's face.
laugh.gif

the ever  grumpy resident laker hater seasoned vet already did one. he posted it in the nba season thread 
roll.gif

Check the NBA Predictions Thread ska.

I'm flabberghasted as to why management is hellbent on not giving up Pau and Bynum for Dwight freaking Howard, a guy who finished 2nd in MVP voting last season, is 25 years old, and not even in his prime yet. What's going to end up happening is Drew's glass frame is going to crack again during the season, effectively lowering his trade value to zero and were stuck in purgatory for the next 3 years. Trade Bynum now while he can't play and doesn't have an opportunity to get hurt, dumb A Jim Buss.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Still can't get over the fact the traded LO to a rival for nothing 
mad.gif
this! I have to think there is something in the works to at least flip this trade exception into something... even if it's not something huge, but at least something in return for Odom... this weekend goes by without any type of news I'm gonna start freaking out by next week... I haven't hit the panic button yet because I still have faith that some trades are going to be made in the near future

laugh.gif
at the Kobe pic.

Hmm, so this is how the rest of the league feels when the Lakers had made blockbuster moves...

I'm going to try and not complain. Bright side:

Positives I've seen from this offseason:
-Bandwagon getting smaller. I wish ticket prices would drop, but I know they won't.
-Hallway series will be much more competitive.
-Andrew Bynum's potential will either come to fruition or he'll get injured and rot.
-We got a dude running around with "World Peace" on his back.
-We got some more athletic dunkers.

I'm sure I'm missing some things.

^^Perfect execution! 
roll.gif

anyone else think the Clippers are the likeliest candidates for trade scenarios now? they have CP3 and they may want to dump either Bledsoe or Mo Williams of their books with our trade exception? wishful thinking at this point I know...

i just hope this season does not end up like the season after we traded shaq
frown.gif

also i dont get how clippers fans think like there the best team now just because of cp3.

i dont see them getting anything higher than the 6th seed

If we let this trade exception disappear today then I will honestly begin to worry that saving money is becoming a priority for this team...
30t6p3b.gif
THIS IS THE LAKERS CMON

would any of you be willing to trade Gasol and Gaudelock to the Warriors for Steph Curry? and would Golden State be willing to do that?

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

would any of you be willing to trade Gasol and Gaudelock to the Warriors for Steph Curry? and would Golden State be willing to do that?

no point in that now. if that would have happend we would have landed chris paul...

Pau Gasol for Steph Curry? HELL NO 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Pau Gasol for Steph Curry? HELL NO 
laugh.gif

school me on this please... I've only watched highlights of the kid on tv... I believe we need a young PG for the future and I thought the kid really shot the ball well, from what I've heard... and I do believe in the end the Magic will budge for just Andrew Bynum... idk like I said I don't know the Kid's game like I don't know E. Bledsoe's... that's why I'm asking

We got two trade exceptions from trading away Sasha last year and Lamar this year...

Traded Player Exception: If a team trades away a player with a higher salary than the player they acquire in return (we'll call this initial deal "Trade #1"), they receive what is called a Traded Player Exception, also known colloquially as a "Trade Exception". Teams with a trade exception have up to a year in which they can acquire more salary in other trades (Trade #2, #3, etc.) than they send away, as long as the gulf in salaries for Trade #2, #3, etc. are less than or equal to the difference in salary for Trade #1. This exception is particularly useful when teams trade draft picks straight-up for a player; since draft picks have no salary value, often the only way to get salaries to match is to use a trade exception, which allows trades to be made despite unbalanced salaries. It is also useful to compensate teams for losing free agents as they can do a sign and trade of that free agent to acquire a trade exception that can be used later. Note this exception is for single player trades only, though additional cash and draft picks can be part of the trade.

^^Perfect execution! 
roll.gif

anyone else think the Clippers are the likeliest candidates for trade scenarios now? they have CP3 and they may want to dump either Bledsoe or Mo Williams of their books with our trade exception? wishful thinking at this point I know...
I'd prefer us dump Mo over E-Bled. Chauncey and CP would be great mentors for the young boy. 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by AllRedJs

Crawford signed by blazers..... Were not gunna have a pg

LOL we can't sign ANYBODY unless they take the Vet. Min or come in a sign in trade where we use the execption.

Outlaw just got waived...if he clears that would be another nice big on the bench. But we still need to address the PG situation...

Back
Top Bottom