*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

I've tried for years to find it on line, but I swear that when the trade for Kobe was in play, there was a rumor about Stat and Marion for Kobe.  Prime and I both heard it up here in Oregon, and we actually spent time wondering if we would be ok with it.  But I have never seen it in print somewhere.  I think we caught one of the ESPN dudes either on tv, or radio mentioning it. 
The hilarity of Zo back then would have been awesome though. 
laugh.gif

I don't see how Kidd would have helped on his own.  He owuldn't have taken pressure off Kobe, would probably have caused pressure as everyone would play off Kidd and on Kobe. 
No size to speak of at that point, I doubt Kidd would have made Odom all that much better, maybe a little bit with easy looks and such, but Odom would have had to do some very heavy lifting with no Bynum, and no Pau either at that point.  I just don't see it. 

PMatic:
Kookcle:
I know theres more 
laugh.gif

Kidd and Marion for Kobe (2000)
I never knew about this. Swear to god. Now that I've heard about it… this is me, making no comment.
smile.gif

Spoiler [+]
Nnnnnnnnope. My lips are sealed.
wink.gif

Spoiler [+]
Both teams played hard.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

theres still spots left in our Laker fantasy bball league.
Join now fellas.

first come first serve. 12 teams total. Head 2 Head. only for us laker fans, serious players only please.

Yahoo.

League ID: 71143

PW: snake
Just joined. Defending the title from last year's league.

I'd like to suggest making steals and blocks worth more than assists though since they're harder to come by.  Maybe up to 2.5 or 3.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

theres still spots left in our Laker fantasy bball league.
Join now fellas.

first come first serve. 12 teams total. Head 2 Head. only for us laker fans, serious players only please.

Yahoo.

League ID: 71143

PW: snake
Just joined. Defending the title from last year's league.

I'd like to suggest making steals and blocks worth more than assists though since they're harder to come by.  Maybe up to 2.5 or 3.
Good point. I just basically chose default until i got some input from league members, so that stat will definitely be updated. Thanks.
P.S. I'm glad you joined, because I want vengeance on my Semi-Final loss to you last year. 
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Can't wait for this. Let's go Lake Show
pimp.gif

Tix are sold out for this. How often does a preseason game sell out
laugh.gif
. The only one that comes to mind is prolly the Big 3 last year

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

I think the game deserves a thread. It's big time.

I was looking for the Lakers v clippers thread. . Couldn't find it.. so I decided to post in this thread .

They're looking great so far. Very focused. 
Also, Kobe still rocking the VIs. Maybe he'll want until Christmas to bring out the VIIs?

Back
Top Bottom