*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Damn, I knew this was gonna happen, just like when the Lakers lost in the preseason a few years ago to the Clippers by 27 points. 
laugh.gif

I like that there's new competition in the city, it's good for the NBA.    Lakers management has never been one to disappoint, they are always working, so I don't worry. 

By the way, is it too late to use that amnesty clause?   Would use it on Luke Walton ASAP. 

Originally Posted by quik1987

Y'all talking about "don't panic" don't understand you don't have the pieces in place to do anything this year

Kobe - getting old
Pau - soft
World Peace - garbage
Coach - doesn't command respect

Lost Lamar Odom
Still have Luke Walton

Mavericks, the team that swept them out of the playoffs last year got better

Kobe can't single handedly win a championship

But ya, "don't panic"

<Kobe's age bro? Thats one of your reasons we should panic? As if Jordan didn't win rings in his mid-30s right? Oh but Kobe ain't JordanTho right...

As if JKidd and company were such a young squad putting together a championship run last year.
And you act like Pau just started being soft, he's been soft his whole career, but you weren't complaining when he came to LA and helped us win 2 chips, helping us make the finals 3 years in a row. So now Pau isn't going to be helpful? Oh.
Judging by how fast you like to panic, you're probably one of the same people who stone faced Lamar all season long asking Mitch to trade him, but all of a sudden we can't do it without him.

I'm not sayin were championship ready right this moment but damn, you actin like we're about to be a lottery team.
Gimme a break man, you must trollin...either that or your high. Telling us we should all be panicking because of one preseason game...Ha.

LiCeNseD To BaLL wrote:
< Kobe's age bro? Thats one of your reasons we should panic? As if Jordan didn't win rings in his mid-30s right? Oh but Kobe ain't Jordan Tho right... 

kobe isn't getting any younger. Be real. Plus the short season doesn't do any favors for the vets.
JORDAN had a mini 2 year break to refresh his legs. kobe is in his 16TH year. No breaks so the decline is gonna happen.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Y'all talking about "don't panic" don't understand you don't have the pieces in place to do anything this year

Kobe - getting old
Pau - soft
World Peace - garbage

Lost Lamar Odom
Still have Luke Walton

But ya, "don't panic"

<Kobe's age bro? Thats one of your reasons we should panic? As if Jordan didn't win rings in his mid-30s right? Oh but Kobe ain't JordanTho right...

As if JKidd and company were such a young squad putting together a championship run last year.
And you act like Pau just started being soft, he's been soft his whole career, but you weren't complaining when he came to LA and helped us win 2 chips, helping us make the finals 3 years in a row. So now Pau isn't going to be helpful? Oh.
Judging by how fast you like to panic, you're probably one of the same people who stone faced Lamar all season long asking Mitch to trade him, but all of a sudden we can't do it without him.

I'm not sayin were championship ready right this moment but damn, you actin like we're about to be a lottery team.
Gimme a break man, you must trollin...either that or your high. Telling us we should all be panicking because of one preseason game...Ha.
I hear what you're saying, and I'm not panicking at all... but if this team wants to seriously contend for a Championship, we need at least a Point Guard that plays at a high level... Fish and Blake are not going to cut it and when we played the triangle we could neglect that position.  Not anymore. I think management knew this and that's why they traded for Chris Paul.  IMO we can contend with Pau and Bynum (we have done it before) and I am even positive that Lamar's replacements (McBob and Murphy) will do a good job in the new system.  Again, my problem is the PG position.  We need to desperately upgrade there.

Kobe - getting old
Pau - soft
World Peace - garbage

Lost Lamar Odom
Still have Luke Walton

But ya, "don't panic"

dude kobe has played more regular season games than jordan's ENTIRE career. also more playoff games aswell.
its not the same. kobe may be younger than jordan at this point but hes played more. them knees arent gonna take so much more...

which is why the lakers were looking into the future for dwight and paul but stern shot that down quick.

you see how %$%! kobe looked last year in the mavs series? son was moving around like mike bibby!

^ Kobe tore ligaments in his foot in the Hornets series though....Of course he was going to look like #$@# against the Mavs.

It all makes sense now why he did a lot less. The problem is, none of us knew about it except the Lakers.
He went from dunking in the Hornets series, to playing slower than J-Kidd in the Mavs series.

Even on a bum knee and one ankle, Kobe was still better than Pau and Bynum and them smh.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Kobe - getting old
Pau - soft
World Peace - garbage

Lost Lamar Odom
Still have Luke Walton

But ya, "don't panic"

dude kobe has played more regular season games than jordan's ENTIRE career. also more playoff games aswell.
its not the same. kobe may be younger than jordan at this point but hes played more. them knees arent gonna take so much more...

which is why the lakers were looking into the future for dwight and paul but stern shot that down quick.

you see how %$%! kobe looked last year in the mavs series? son was moving around like mike bibby!

All this means is his window is closing, just like it happens for any 16 year vet... even he has acknowledged that much in recent interviews saying he sees "the light at the end of the tunnel"... IMO he can still lead a team to a Championship especially if he's healthy like he says he is right now.  Kobe is the least of my worries, Fisher starting for us, now that's our demise 
tired.gif

The lakers will struggle because none of the perimeter players can make an outside shot unless you want Kapano out there for 30+ min. It is not like the interior dudes are will be beasting either.

The dallas mavs only beat the Heat cause of their ungodly 3 point shooting. That's the only way anyone can counter the Heat's good 3 point shooting + stern free throws.

Trading Lamar is going to hurt later.  And to the Mavs especially. 
30t6p3b.gif

Mavs losing Chandler, Butler, JJ, and DeShawn was a good look for us.  Stay pat with Lamar and only lose Shannon, hell, we'd be just fine with that. 

I get why Lamar was upset, we didn't need to move him within 24 hours like that tho.  Let the kid simmer down, and then see what's goin on from there. 

Oh well.  I'm sure Mitch and co are lookin into what can be done.  We all know they are monitoring Dwight, but it could be a lesser move made, ala Milsap or any other player that shakes loose from their team. 

PMatic, loved the idea about JR Smith, dumb as he is, he is exactly what the team needs game wise. 

Another thing about Kobe is that he scored 20+ points last night easily...

Even if it was just a pre-season game, Bynum and Pau wern't able to do it no matter how hard they would have tried.

Kobe didn't even play well last night and still put up 20+, but he looked good health wise. I'm sure everyone thought he looked healthy when they were watching him play.

Clippers kept fouling the %!*% out of Kobe too! Not sure why? It's just a pre-season game, but that's why he was at the free throw line so much though.

I'm sure Kobe has said to himself, I can score 20+ with multiple injuries, imagine what I could do now that I'm healthy?

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

They need to do something about the PG situation. Fisher/Blake ain't working at all.

I think Darius Morris looks promising, he had a hell of a showing last night.   Darius "Shot-clock" Morris 
laugh.gif

He and Devin Ebanks stood out to me, as possible players who can be an "x-factor" this season. 

I think having Ron lead the 2nd Unit is a horrible idea. Playing with Kobe and Pau will give him open looks

He cant create his own shot

the 2nd Unit should be 

Blake

Barnes

Ebanks

McBob

Troy

Also during Drews suspension i wouldnt mind seeing Ron at PF and Ebanks at SF

Darius "Shot-clock" Morris 
laugh.gif

or "Frobe 1"
laugh.gif
 . He played really well hopefully he keeps this level of play throughout.

Waiting on the Goudelock debut

PG situation makes it even more obvious why the NBA F'd the Lakers. Not only did they not get CP3 , but they lost Lamar who I think would be a GREAT starting PG with this team considering they now bring Ron off the bench?  ALso,
-Steve Blake continues to prove I have been right hating him since he was with Blazers
-Morris looked very good although he seemed rushed and all of its shouts looked half crazy? Need to watch more to see if that how he plays
-Instead of gettin CP3, we got 3 white dudes. I like what i saw from MC Bob and Kapano though for there roles.

Clearly missing something though....

morris didnt do that bad shooting wise. went 5 for 9?

matter a fact all the new guys shot well.

steve blake please go somewhere and die.

funny seeing andrew bynum playing the most minutes. either hes gonna have the best season of his career or get injured again lol

I never said Kobe is still in his prime or anything. I know the man is aging, i just dont see it as a valid reason for us to all panic and throw in the towel before the season starts. All im saying is Kobe is not going to be our problem this year, he still has enough in the tank to give us his usual effort and stats. He's going to do his part.
Hunter2k4 made points that i agree with more. Our PG situation is more of a valid reason for us to be worried rather than 'pau's softness'... people can complain about pau all they want but he isnt going to change, he is who he is and regardless of his toughness he is still going to produce for us. He didnt show up in the playoffs, but ill give him a small pass because of all the personal drama he was going through. Of course as a professional you are expected to play through anything, but we're all human beings here...lets not pretend if we were going through what he was going through we wouldnt be affected.

Losing Lamar will hurt, but we havent seen what McRoberts and Ebanks can do so until we see what theyre made of i dont want to panic about that yet...of course they cant produce like lamar did, trust me im just as upset that we gave him up for nothing as anyone else... but we can still figure this out guys.

Yes last night was very worrying, we looked awful and it was not a pretty sight to see...but i just wanna give our team a little longer of a leash than 1 pgame to see what theyre made of.

Lets not forget the Heat started off the season horribly and out-of-sync last year with their new team, but we all saw what kind of playoff run they put together ain the post-season.

No, we dont have LeBron and Dwade 
laugh.gif
 I know that...but still, a slow start obviously doesn't mean that we have no chance.

That's all im sayin. Let's just be a little more positive for the time being, stressing and over-reacting is not going to change our roster...we might as well just stay positive and hope for the best for now.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at everyone panicking like we're down 3-2 against Boston a couple years back. It's a preseason game. You guys do know we have like a brand new bench, right?  It seems like a lot of you guys are falling for the ESPN bull that they're feeding about the Clippers. No lie they look great on paper, but really everyone tripping out after a preseason game!? If we are under .500 before the Playoff starts with about 2 weeks to go, then I'll understand all this worrying. But wow, I come into this thread and I see everyone getting on the Lakers because of a preseason loss. Even some of the usual guys in this thread are panicking. We all know better than this. We're not talking about the regular season, not the playoffs, not the finals, but the @#$#% PRESEASON.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Oh yeah before you guys start worrying more, lets just pencil in a L for Christmas and get that over with. Not a good look with the Sunday Game White jersey and Christmas. Probably a blowout, if anything.

The damn preseason......fools.

Down play Pau softness now, but that's all y'all were crying about at the end of last season. Add to the fact that he now knows the organization isn't behind him anymore, let's see how much effort he gives this year.

The other teams in the west are taking one step forward while the Lakers are taking two steps back.

There's no championship coming out of this squad.

Back
Top Bottom