*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I don't really care for irrelevant preseason games but can we fire Mike Brown already?�
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

�But...you wanna fire this guy?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

The other teams in the west are taking one step forward while the Lakers are taking two steps back.
QFT. We took 3 steps back when we hired Mike Brown as a coach. I'm not going to be in panic mode obviously, I'll see how it plays it out but I won't expect much from us this year. Nonetheless, GO LAKERS!!!

I refuse to think that we are done dealing... cant we use Houston to bring in Dwight? weren't they willing to give up Scola and Martin for Pau? send Martin and Bynum to Orlando, and get back Scola and Dwight... and ship Pau to Houston. Or bring in another team that can get us a point guard... I also read that the Lakers and Wolves were discussing trades last week, apparently Minny wants to deal Beasley... why the hell don't we try to go after Ridnour instead? that our main problem.... I wish I could be in the Lakers front office right now, see what the hell they're up to.

lol @ some you...

its the same ol "dont panic" crap Ive seen since last season... I applaud the ones who actually accept reality and admit the lakers have huge problems... Im still gonna root for the lakeshow like crazy... but some of ya'll are in denial like that kid who got the news that the santa at the mall isn't real...

people keep saying it's "preseason", but its christmas. this isn't a regular season, where it's early october and we have 80 games to work out the kinks. this is a rigorous 60 game season, with a number of games a week and no real time off. it's gonna be hard to work out all of the kinks with a new coach and basically a new team. the reason a lot of people are panicking is because we all realize kobe doesnt have a lot of time left to win rings and play at the level he has with all of the minutes he's played and his injuries. us kobe fans want to see him win more rings. it also doesnt help that stern nixed a trade that would have put them in a better position (theoretically) to win now, pretty much because they don't want the lakers to be "stacked" for now and the future.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Trading Lamar is going to hurt later.  And to the Mavs especially. 
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

PMatic, loved the idea about JR Smith, dumb as he is, he is exactly what the team needs game wise. 
If the perimeter players (besides Kobe) perform the way they did last night during the season (very likely).
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nermindee

lol @ some you...

its the same ol "dont panic" crap Ive seen since last season... I applaud the ones who actually accept reality and admit the lakers have huge problems... Im still gonna root for the lakeshow like crazy... but some of ya'll are in denial like that kid who got the news that the santa at the mall isn't real...

You're right, we should all be *****ing and moaning about our problems...then we would be "real" Laker fans. There's a difference between staying calm while positive and being delusional. No where are we saying we're still the team we used to be 2 years ago.
No where have i said we're in 'great shape'... we're not. But complaining about it and constantly crying about EVERY SINGLE THING related to our team isn't going to improve us in any way.

Theres criticism and analysis, like the way CP speaks in his posts...and then theirs crying, complaining, and negativity...which has been in many peoples posts.

How is nothing but complaining helping anyone out?

You can totally see by peoples responses in this thread who looks at the glass half full in life and who constantly looks at the glass half empty. Unfortunately many of you have been spoiled by our legacy of winning championships, and constantly show that even the tiniest drop-off from dominance in the Lakers makes your lives so over-bearing and dramatic. It's not that serious.

We're going to be fine, we can't win every damn game like you think we can. 

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

You're right, we should all be *****ing and moaning about our problems...then we would be "real" Laker fans. There's a difference between staying calm while positive and being delusional. No where are we saying we're still the team we used to be 2 years ago.
No where have i said we're in 'great shape'... we're not. But complaining about it and constantly crying about EVERY SINGLE THING related to our team isn't going to improve us in any way.

Theres criticism and analysis, like the way CP speaks in his posts...and then theirs crying, complaining, and negativity...which has been in many peoples posts.

You can totally see by peoples responses in this thread who looks at the glass half full in life and who constantly looks at the glass half empty. Unfortunately many of you have been spoiled by our legacy of winning championships, and constantly show that even the tiniest drop-off from dominance in the Lakers makes your lives so over-bearing and dramatic. It's not that serious.

zml5so.jpg

Originally Posted by El Duderino

zml5so.jpg
bfd35a1ee8bdc343c5330bb2e8c6970a68cdde8_r.gif

Derek Fisher.

Steve Blake is too sketchy, and Lamar is just too tall to be a full time ballhandler. Yes, I'm well aware of Magic Johnson's height. Not every person who can dribble and has height can be Magic Johnson. He wouldn't be considered one-of-a-kind if there were a million people out there like him. Like I said, Lamar's too tall to be a full-time ballhandler.

And I'm not saying I want Derek Fisher to remain our starting PG; I'm just saying between those 3, give me Fish.

lol @ some you...

What? You realize you're not a member of the Lakers organization right?

Complaining is all fans have, it's the catalyst for change, which as of right now, the Lakers obviously need.

Staying calm and being positive does NOTHING.

Negative feedback gets back to the organization through news outlets.

Ska, With the PGs in the west (Cp3, Westbrook,etc) I just dont like Fisher in the position. He would be a great backup PG... but these all sound like good excuses for a CP3 trade... but hey

I wonder how much panic there will be in here if we lose again tomorrow...lol

Someone mentioned earlier, not in these words, that Pau might tank the season now that he knows that our organization isn't really behind him...

I don't think so. He cares a lot about what the people back in Spain think of him. If his brother is dominating and Pau isn't doing anything, believe me he'll care.

I believe Pau sucks now because his confidence is gone. He's pretty much completely lost it at this point. Hopefully he gets it back.

Even before when he was as soft as a pillow pet, he could get around 20 and 10. Now, that's asking for too much.

Can someone elaborate the players stuck in China's situation for me? From what I gathered their contract can be bought out and then whoever buys it out can sign them? If so, why the hell are we not considering bringing Wilson Chandler here?!?!

Originally Posted by zube42

Can someone elaborate the players stuck in China's situation for me? From what I gathered their contract can be bought out and then whoever buys it out can sign them? If so, why the hell are we not considering bringing Wilson Chandler here?!?!

no money? and i doubt that

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Originally Posted by zube42

no money? and i doubt that
I didn't say I was right about the China situation that's just what I thought I remembered from something I read awhiles back. 

Originally Posted by quik1987

lol @ some you...

What? You realize you're not a member of the Lakers organization right?

Complaining is all fans have, it's the catalyst for change, which as of right now, the Lakers obviously need.

Staying calm and being positive does NOTHING.

Negative feedback gets back to the organization through news outlets.

And you're a prime example of some fans being too spoiled......lets all whine and complain until somebody hears us and we get what we what right?
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

season starts on Sunday and our starting point is still Derek Fisher and Josh McRoberts might be our 4th best player...

Back
Top Bottom