*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

As a Laker fan that game made me sick to my stomach...not the loss just the way Pau played...the look in his eyes were lifeless

How dare he play that way coming off last year...I feel disrespected as a fan
I really can't blame Mike Brown because I like his defensive coaching...I really do...and he literally has NOTHING to work with offensively
It didn't matter what role player he put out there...there called role players for a reason you can't depend on them night in and night out to produce big for you role players aren't going to produce every game...its expected

I see a lot of people in here talking about when Bynum gets back...that is scary!
What happens when Bynum gets hurt again?! Not if but WHEN....we our gonna be SOL cuz there won't be a Howard trade!
We shouldn't even let Bynum come back from his suspension to risk injury and ship him and Pau out for Nelson and Howard and whoever else...
We would go right back to title contention with the pg and c upgrade plus Kobe with our role players

Ahhh I've done it:

THE ULTIMATE TRADE

Magic get: Andrew Bynum, Kevin Martin, Hasheem Thabeet, 2012 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $31.5 mil in contracts, Trade $37.7mil away)
Rockets get: Pau Gasol, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, 2013 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $38.3mil in contracts, Trade $31mil away)
Lakers get: Dwight Howard, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry (Get $32.4 mil in contracts, Trade $33.6 mil away)

MITCH, JIM, JERRY, JEANIE

MAKE THIS DEAL HAPPEN!!

Originally Posted by Essential1

Ahhh I've done it:

THE ULTIMATE TRADE

Magic get: Andrew Bynum, Kevin Martin, Hasheem Thabeet, 2012 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $31.5 mil in contracts, Trade $37.7mil away)
Rockets get: Pau Gasol, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, 2013 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $38.3mil in contracts, Trade $31mil away)
Lakers get: Dwight Howard, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry (Get $32.4 mil in contracts, Trade $33.6 mil away)

MAKE THIS DEAL HAPPEN!!

Lakers can't trade back to back picks...but I like the trade...Everyone is winning if you think about it...

Originally Posted by Djoker33

Ahhh I've done it:

THE ULTIMATE TRADE

MAKE THIS DEAL HAPPEN!!

Lakers can't trade back to back picks...but I like the trade...Everyone is winning if you think about it...

2014 First Round Pick to Rockets then..

MWP lying to himself again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Not making the playoffs? Yea right.... A little TOO much panic going on in here.

Once Bynum returns, his defensive presence alone is going to take pressure of Gasoft.

We have a new coach, new players. We are not going to mesh right away.

Are we going to be GOOD? I can't say, but we will make the playoffs for sure.

Hell, even if we do have a good overall season it doesn't mean anything. All that matters is what we do in the playoffs so as long as we get there and stay healthy that's all that matters.
Unfortunately teams have figured out how to handle Gasol. Actually they have figured out how to handle the Lakers front line. Gasol to me is no longer an effective offensive threat. Now Defenders are just going body him every time and push his soft @% out the paint. I see this dude struggled to get in his post position and has to take that 15-17 foot jumper of his. Kobe is on one leg and 8 fingers. He look like Wizard MJ out there. Fisher is washed. Our bench is crap. Luke Walton is pure trash.
mad.gif
tired.gif
The end is coming soon

Am i the only one who's really bothered by Kobe's defense these days? Thornton , Evans and Salmons were getting easy buckets all game because of this guy + fisher. it's sad to watch.

I know they still building chemistry but damn this feels like a completely different team although we still have our starting line-up and the main core from years past

29-6-5 and cut his turnovers to 2 this game..

Pau was missing for 40minutes. Played for 4. Then even was more terrible the last 4 minutes.not to mention everytime there was a pick Pau would stand there and leave the ball holder with a open shot

Fisher let everyone and their mama score on him, and couldn't even stop people from going by him.

Yet Kobe who along with MWP were the reason we got within 3 looks like Wizards MJ and is the blame.. FOH

Originally Posted by PMatic

@mySynergySports The Lakers are giving up 1.32 Points Per Possession (62% FG) when defending the pick and roll ball handler through two games.
Some things never change.

Because Pau never closes on a pick he sees Kobe or whoever get picked and stands back or to the side waiting for the roll.It's pitiful

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

OK....again...you really don't wanna swap Bynum/Pau for Dwight?
Just for D12.. No

Rockets get: Pau Gasol, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, 2014 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $38.3mil in contracts, Trade $31mil away)

The Chris Paul trade (and NBA history) tells me there's no such thing as overpaying for a true superstar.

I'd do the trade, preferably with Jameer or Redick attached, but Orlando would want Turkoglu gone before those two. McRoberts and Murphy in their short time look like they can hold their own next to Howard too.

Kobe's defense hasn't been good, but he can actually make up for it at the offensive end. Fisher on the other hand gets scorched on D and can barely contribute on offense. We need a better PG so that we won't have 2 liabilites starting at the guard positions.

true story...every time I see CP3 play now, it just pisses me off. It erks me just how damn good he is...and even more so that he was a Laker (in principle) before we got the rug pulled out from under us smh.

^ *irks
wink.gif

But same here, bro. Every time I see him, I just think "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A LAKER!"… and yes, I think it in all caps.
laugh.gif

And I'm a tad superstitious, so this goes against me, completely, but here goes:

We got this tonight.
smokin.gif
No way we're starting off the season 0-3.

First victory of the season. Book it.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

OK....again...you really don't wanna swap Bynum/Pau for Dwight?
Just for D12.. No

Rockets get: Pau Gasol, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, 2014 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $38.3mil in contracts, Trade $31mil away)
laugh.gif
 What fantasy world do you live in?
You really think they're going to be able to get back Dwight Howard and 2 of Houston's 3 best players? 
laugh.gif

I've been keeping a close eye on blogs and rumor mills in New Jersey and Orlando...

I'm really starting to believe one of 2 things will happen.

We will either A. Get out ultimate fantasy of D-12 and D-Will. You ask how well of course D-12 for bynum and the trade excption which brings Hedo (but I am seeing that taking on hedo's contract may not be nessicary) The rublings in New Jersey are if D-12 goes to LA D.Will wants to join him and a deal for Gasol to NJ could be pulled off since they don't want him to walk to Dallas for nothing (which is looking more and more likely if D-12 doesn't go to NJ.

B. Is what we don't want. D-12 ends up in NJ and we just fade.....

We really just have to see how the season plays out. Otis seems to be content with waiting but the nobody in orlando wants the situation that happend in Denver to happen there...

I've seen D. Fish attack the basket these two games more than I have in a while and more times than not, it's hard to watch.

Man, when was the last time we started 0-2 in a season? But then again, it's not how we start it's how we finish. Hopefully we can get our first win tonight. 

Back
Top Bottom