'11 NBA Dunk Contest Vol. 2 Power Forwards, 1 Center and replacement **Demar Derozan**

If that's the case the NBA is an utter joke now, Westbrook has done so much more compared to Jennings. Even though again I can't see Russell doing anything to stand out and revive the competition.

If that's the case the NBA is an utter joke now, Westbrook has done so much more compared to Jennings. Even though again I can't see Russell doing anything to stand out and revive the competition.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

My guess is Westbrook and Rose passed so they thought of Jennings, kind of like A.I. when he was suppose to do it in 1997. Whoever did the invites must've known Jennings background, specifically those youtube videos and figured to approach him to join.

I saw some of those Jennings vids, it looks like dude could barely dunk the ball. He can jump for his height but he can't elevate like Nate can based on those vids.
You can't be 6 feet tall and "barely" dunk when you're throwing down windmills and going between your legs 
grin.gif

My guess is Westbrook and Rose passed so they thought of Jennings, kind of like A.I. when he was suppose to do it in 1997. Whoever did the invites must've known Jennings background, specifically those youtube videos and figured to approach him to join.

I saw some of those Jennings vids, it looks like dude could barely dunk the ball. He can jump for his height but he can't elevate like Nate can based on those vids.
You can't be 6 feet tall and "barely" dunk when you're throwing down windmills and going between your legs 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

grin.gif
I said "look like" in the same sense that I said Mcgee doesn't look as good dunking because he is so tall. Sure he is athletic (McGee) but his windmill dunks doesn't look spectacular because of his height. Same with Jennings, he can do the dunks but some of the two handed dunks I've seen in thos vids looks like he can barely do it. Just isn't impressive enough to me, not to mention dude has missed several weeks now due to a foot injury, he had surgery too iirc. 

grin.gif
I said "look like" in the same sense that I said Mcgee doesn't look as good dunking because he is so tall. Sure he is athletic (McGee) but his windmill dunks doesn't look spectacular because of his height. Same with Jennings, he can do the dunks but some of the two handed dunks I've seen in thos vids looks like he can barely do it. Just isn't impressive enough to me, not to mention dude has missed several weeks now due to a foot injury, he had surgery too iirc. 

grin.gif

after that vid, yeah jennings can "barely dunk"  just like Kim K barely has mass

grin.gif

after that vid, yeah jennings can "barely dunk"  just like Kim K barely has mass

This is the vid I watched: http://www.youtube.com/wa...&feature=player_embedded

Seriously, most of those dunks are pedestrian. Not until towards the end he did the between the legs and windmill until it became more impressive. Seriously, most of the dunks in that vid are basic and simple and some the height of his jump doesn't even look impressive.

This is the vid I watched: http://www.youtube.com/wa...&feature=player_embedded

Seriously, most of those dunks are pedestrian. Not until towards the end he did the between the legs and windmill until it became more impressive. Seriously, most of the dunks in that vid are basic and simple and some the height of his jump doesn't even look impressive.

Was just watching the Bucks game and they said Jennings was in the Dunk Contest before he broke his foot. Its still possible he might not do it, but he probably will.

Also, they just interviewed him during the game and when they asked how about the Dunk Contest he said "Why not? Just so everyone knows, I can dunk, you'll see.."
I remember when i went to go see him in the Mcdonalds All American game in Milwaukee i was watching him in warmups and he was doing off the backboard eastbays and windmills. So I know that he can dunk indeed.

Why he never dunks in games idk. I was just asking my buddy the same thing. We both seen him doing these off the backboard alley-oops but we're asking why doesnt he ever throw it down in games cause we all know he can. I feel like half the people in Milwaukee are unaware of this cause he never does it.

Was just watching the Bucks game and they said Jennings was in the Dunk Contest before he broke his foot. Its still possible he might not do it, but he probably will.

Also, they just interviewed him during the game and when they asked how about the Dunk Contest he said "Why not? Just so everyone knows, I can dunk, you'll see.."
I remember when i went to go see him in the Mcdonalds All American game in Milwaukee i was watching him in warmups and he was doing off the backboard eastbays and windmills. So I know that he can dunk indeed.

Why he never dunks in games idk. I was just asking my buddy the same thing. We both seen him doing these off the backboard alley-oops but we're asking why doesnt he ever throw it down in games cause we all know he can. I feel like half the people in Milwaukee are unaware of this cause he never does it.

I think Mcgee going to try to make a dunk from the freethrow line...with a twist

I think Mcgee going to try to make a dunk from the freethrow line...with a twist

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm not going through this thread, but what makes everyone think Blake is a creative dunker? Yeah, he can throw down hard in games, but creativity is the key in the contest. Dwight and Shawn Kemp were the only two big men of the last 20 years who were creative enough to contend. I just don't see Blake as the same type.
When was D-12 creative before entering the contest? Blake and Dwight are in the same category, before D-12 entered the SDC many were wondering why he'd enter the event since he really doesn't do anything spectacular in games. They both jump high and have power that's it, in-game dunkers...we'll see if B.G. proves us wrong when ASW commences.

Shawn Kemp from his rookie year was doing creative and spectacular dunks during the game, jumping ability and power is one thing but you need creativity to be on the level of VC, J-Rich, Desmond Mason and even AI2 who was robbed by Nate Robinson. That plus the fact everything has been done (not including amateurs) is the reason the contest has been weak since 2004....I'll give Josh Smith & Amar'e Stoudamire some credit for their 2005 performance.
I've seen Dwight kiss the rim (literally, not no overstating #%!$@*#$ title like with Jordan's pedestrian %!$ windmill). I don't know why he didn't do that or his between the legs unless he was saving them for the 2nd rd.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm not going through this thread, but what makes everyone think Blake is a creative dunker? Yeah, he can throw down hard in games, but creativity is the key in the contest. Dwight and Shawn Kemp were the only two big men of the last 20 years who were creative enough to contend. I just don't see Blake as the same type.
When was D-12 creative before entering the contest? Blake and Dwight are in the same category, before D-12 entered the SDC many were wondering why he'd enter the event since he really doesn't do anything spectacular in games. They both jump high and have power that's it, in-game dunkers...we'll see if B.G. proves us wrong when ASW commences.

Shawn Kemp from his rookie year was doing creative and spectacular dunks during the game, jumping ability and power is one thing but you need creativity to be on the level of VC, J-Rich, Desmond Mason and even AI2 who was robbed by Nate Robinson. That plus the fact everything has been done (not including amateurs) is the reason the contest has been weak since 2004....I'll give Josh Smith & Amar'e Stoudamire some credit for their 2005 performance.
I've seen Dwight kiss the rim (literally, not no overstating #%!$@*#$ title like with Jordan's pedestrian %!$ windmill). I don't know why he didn't do that or his between the legs unless he was saving them for the 2nd rd.

where is chase? i heard josh mcroberts wanted in him and brandon rush did a white man cant jump skit, lol. why is there only four contestants?

where is chase? i heard josh mcroberts wanted in him and brandon rush did a white man cant jump skit, lol. why is there only four contestants?

Back
Top Bottom