12/2014 Air Jordan 11 Retro - White/Black-Legend Blue - 378037-117 NO GM TALK ALLOWED!

stop reaching and trying to take my statement out of context.

I'm just saying as a "Jordan enthusiast" like most of us how could you say you don't care about the tint of the sole when that's what makes this shoe special? Seriously. Believe it or not the Columbias were my first Jordan xi in 97 and my favorite of the series so I remember vividly what this shoe is supposed to look like. The 01 retro I copped and sold 1 week later because of the sole. I have zero problem not buying these but I won't lie it's frustrating to see it done wrong. Yet again.

Last edited:
stop reaching and trying to take my statement out of context.

I'm just saying as a "Jordan enthusiast" like most of us how could you say you don't care about the tint of the sole when that's what makes this shoe special? Seriously

naw you tried to take what I said out of context.

people are complaining about the sole in the pics we have seen and it doesn't bother me AS IVE STATED ALREADY.

you tried to reach with that yellow/brown statement. you really did.

and the sole isn't what makes this shoe special.

finally, I wouldn't label myself as a "Jordan enthusiast." a TRUE "Jordan enthusiast" stopped buying new jordans years ago to be honest. I just like shoes.

naw you tried to take what I said out of context.

people are complaining about the sole in the pics we have seen and it doesn't bother me AS IVE STATED ALREADY.

you tried to reach with that yellow/brown statement. you really did.

and the sole isn't what makes this shoe special.

finally, I wouldn't label myself as a "Jordan enthusiast." a TRUE "Jordan enthusiast" stopped buying new jordans years ago to be honest. I just like shoes.

I see. I can respect your view. And i guess i am an enthusiast I haven't bought a new release in years literally it's been all eBay.

*edit I'm lying I got the royal 1 that was my last jb purchase. Guess I'm the liar :tongue:

Last edited:
JB caan put carmine leather, cloudy soles, short cut patent leather, mis spelled tongue tag, jumpman facing the wrong way and people will still buy these out at the 200 price point. Face it, there's nothing else to talk about. If not ONE single authentic picture leaks before release date these are still sold out come RD.

doublemesh96 doublemesh96 - :lol: good stuff.

honestly, if something bothers me bad enough, then I will take my time and find the older version. there is always someone that has taken immaculate care of their shoes that is selling them. sometimes it just takes time to find that someone.

for example, I would not touch the "flu game" 12s with a pogo stick. that change they did was tragic IMO. id just find a 03-04 pair or buy some OGs.

I know its been said already but those soles are weak, alot of people have been waiting a long time for  this release.  The least they could do is get the sole color correct or even close.  Like the guy said before they would be better off going the '01 route and using a plain icey sole.  Im sure JB could give a damn less about a few collectors passing, but damn, it would seem like they would throw us a bone from time to time and give us a solid release on something as anticipated as this shoe.  I'm starting to think  that the reason that the color is being called legend blue is because it is so far off from the true columbia color.  This is a total different situation from the breds which went back and forth from true red to varsity red throughout the different releases of the shoe because at the end of the day every release somewhat resembled the original.  This is a totally different shoe to me if they actually release like this. 

JB caan put carmine leather, cloudy soles, short cut patent leather, mis spelled tongue tag, jumpman facing the wrong way and people will still buy these out at the 200 price point. Face it, there's nothing else to talk about. If not ONE single authentic picture leaks before release date these are still sold out come RD.
That goes without saying

doublemesh96 doublemesh96 - :lol: good stuff.

honestly, if something bothers me bad enough, then I will take my time and find the older version. there is always someone that has taken immaculate care of their shoes that is selling them. sometimes it just takes time to find that someone.

for example, I would not touch the "flu game" 12s with a pogo stick. that change they did was tragic IMO. id just find a 03-04 pair or buy some OGs.

Yeah I'm the same I just wait till I can find the older pair I want. Unfortunately with this particular pair it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a ds pair in my size that doesn't cost upwards of a grand and even still ds pairs of og Columbias (for sale) are pretty much non existent. Which is why this release is frustrating for me. Same as air ups. Waiting 10+ years for a shoe to drop and they botch it :smh:

Last edited:
beh235 beh235 Ok, so all this yang being popped is just a vent session for folks. Nobody really plans on letting their gripes prevent them from buying.

This post is fanatic. 
laugh.gif

@beh235 Ok, so all this yang being popped is just a vent session for folks. Nobody really plans on letting their gripes prevent them from buying.
likely not 
laugh.gif
. It's a vicious cycle.

1 year from RD....Copped, robo copped (x2)  etc..

6-1 months before RD (early pics)....gripes about not looking like OG, complaints about perceived quality, "more money saved" etc., that price...
sick.gif

1 week of release - RD (thread explodes)..."I went to ____ and put in mad raffle tix", "I called _____ ", 'F bots", "easy cop", people being salty, stupid banter, etc

repeat on next release

@Meyer23Yeah, its over the top to make the point. I'm sure you get it...
I've followed this thread for a while and just keep laughing at these fools saying "no, this or that sucks" or "eh, pass". Bull****. They could let a 3 year old take a black sharpie to the front of all these and draw a picture and people WILL STILL buy 18 pair of them 
laugh.gif

I would guess some of those posts of "nah, gonna pass" are just trying to get others to actually NOT buy them due to some stupid post on the internet but for the love of God, these shoes are gonna break the internet. 

Last edited:
I've followed this thread for a while and just keep laughing at these fools saying "no, this or that sucks" or "eh, pass". Bull****. The could let a 3 year old take a black sharpie to the front of all these and draw a picture and people WILL STILL buy 18 pair of them :lol:

I would guess some of those posts of "nah, gonna pass" are just trying to get others to actually NOT buy them due to some stupid post on the internet but for the love of God, these shoes are gonna break the internet. 
This post right here I think just summed up what happens on almost all shoe releases. So much truth here. Repped

2 less people buying... more for me.

the shape is what we have been getting for the last few years. not even sure why people complain about that anymore.

because u even didnt read what i wrote. I said the shape is ok, but those yoghurt like milky outsoles make them look totally off. The XI outsoles should be a bit milky where you still see the jumpman and the carbon fiber plate below. These are simply zero translucent at all.
Why does jb has to make them so extreme?
These are too milky while the dmp and 2009 spacejams too icy/crystal clear.
why can't they stick at least with the way they did the 2010 coolgreys? Maybe because jb wants to remaster every aj XI where the patent leather cut will be closer to the ogs with the left jumpman facing forward and translucent outsoles that are semi-milky.
abdvthen retail for 220 bucks ......Thank you.

Last edited:
2 less people buying... more for me.

the shape is what we have been getting for the last few years. not even sure why people complain about that anymore.

because u even didnt read what i wrote. I said the shape is ok, but those yoghurt like milky outsoles make them look totally off. The XI outsoles should be a bit milky where you still see the jumpman and the carbon fiber plate below. These are simply zero translucent at all.
Why does jb has to make them so extreme?
These are too milky while the dmp and 2009 spacejams too icy/crystal clear.
why can't they stick at least with the way they did the 2010 coolgreys? Maybe because jb wants to remaster every aj XI where the patent leather cut will be closer to the ogs with the left jumpman facing forward and translucent outsoles that are semi-milky.
abdvthen retail for 220 bucks ......Thank you.

I read what you wrote.

2 less people buying these. Works for me.

Post makes no sense. Between a person you would consider a "sneakerhead" or a person old enough to have owned ogs and a trendy hypebeast who is just buying them because they're xis calling them white gammas and what not, who do you think is going to complain? Of course you'll buy anything you don't care because you don't know what the shoe is really supposed to be like. Saying "it's a white xi with some blue in what more do u want" r u kidding me?? :x people like you are the reason jb continues to put out crap cuz they know you'll buy anything. It's just a white xi with a lil blue right? :smh: with that mindset all types of changes can be slipped in on you and u wind up with cheap perversions of the original shoe. These are air Jordan's bruh! The DETAILS make the shoes what they are. If you're so care free then u don't need these. Go buy anniversarys. Basically the same shoe right? :smh: If the production soles look like this I will happily pass like I've been doing on these weak jb releases.

Bro you are putting way to much time and effort into caring about how much a shoe recreated the original. It's. A. SHOE. I am a sneakerhead because I like having a variety of kicks and not just hot, trendy, beast kicks. I don't need a shoe to be recreated the same way to hold on to some sort of nostalgia the original model.

You "purists" are just as bad hypebeasts. Y'all are yin to the others yang. Do I need those no. Will I buy? Probably. It's a nice white and blue shoe to add to my collection. Plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom