'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

I would like it noted that we had our best season in years after I started our own separate thread.

I'll leave y'all alone for a little while though, most of you are decent and you love your school. Except for that zw05srsly guy...he just seems super uptight.
Yikes, I don't want to come off that way.  It's all love in here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
SoS

Dre LMAO Dooley offered Mackenro Alexander today... Ya boy's coming back home
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Looks like all systems go for FSU to the BigXII.

UM not coming though.

GT/Clemson look like the other 2 ACC teams, 14th they're trying to get ND.

An "unnamed" ACC team has reached out to the B1G. I'd guess Boston College

Originally Posted by dreClark

Looks like all systems go for FSU to the BigXII.

UM not coming though.

GT/Clemson look like the other 2 ACC teams, 14th they're trying to get ND.

An "unnamed" ACC team has reached out to the B1G. I'd guess Boston College

It's nice to be on the other side of conference realignment.  My guess is that Maryland reached out to the Big 10.

Telephone vote to extend verbal offers to FSU and ND was unanimous; other schools have talked to the Big XII but no official invites yet. Clemson would probably get an invite if ND turns theirs down or if they decide to move to 14 schools. FSU, Clemson, GT and VT all contacted the Big 12 last week but obviously FSU/Clemson was the most serious. I think if this all goes down we'll land in the SEC (hopefully anyways). Rather have some 7-5/8-4 seasons there than to keep playing in an even worse ACC.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Kid is a stud.

Yeah I know,
he's going to announce Monday.

I  word Vols. but I need the Texas Info... b/c Gotta believe Stanford has a great shot

I know his  teammate Massington picked USC so they arent hell bent on staying home.
plus his HS coach is a former Vol.
smokin.gif

I wish I knew more Jay but I really don't... Nobody down here will touch him so it's hard to get anything on him. No offer from Texas, A&M, OU or OSU and OSU offers everyone in Texas with a pulse. I don't get it. Because he's a stud.

I know awhile back one of the A&M guys said Snyder and Sumlin like him at LB down the line but have other guys they feel are safer/better bets there... He was beggin for a Texas offer for awhile but never got close to one.

I'll dig and see if I can find anything.

Hope this happens cause Cuse/Pitt will look even stupider for leaving the Big East to join a wack @%$ football conference.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Hope this happens cause Cuse/Pitt will look even stupider for leaving the Big East to join a wack @%$ football conference.

Acc will just poach more big east schools anywy if this goes through

Notre Dame will probably end up in the B1G.

Rumblings about the ACC taking Louisville, Rutgers, and Cincinnati. I hate all of this realignment.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Notre Dame will probably end up in the B1G.

Rumblings about the ACC taking Louisville, Rutgers, and Cincinnati. I hate all of this realignment.

If that happens lol, ii really hope uconn gets screwed bigtime in all of this

With the way that realignment is moving it looks like ND is going to eventually have to cave in on being an independent, and the B1G makes the most sense. I definitely don't think that they'll join the Big 12. Academics make more sense with the B1G, plus you don't have a school like Texas that's just running the show behind closed doors.

UCONN could definitely get screwed because they pissed people off with that lawsuit back when Miami, BC, etc. left for the ACC.

ND fits better in the Big 10 and see them landing there if they do decide to join a conference. The only thing that would appeal to them about the Big 12 is the opportunity to have their own network and possibly make more money than they would in the Big 10.

[h1]Conference shuffle creating room for upstarts to make jump to FBS[/h1][h1]By Tony Barnhart | Mr. CFB
[/h1]

[table][tr][td]
img19112428.jpg
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Perennial FCS power Appalachian State is looking for an invite from an FBS conference.(US Presswire)[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

UNC Charlotte is building a football program but won't play its first game until 2013.

Georgia State has been playing football for only two years.

Old Dominion has been playing football for only three years.

Texas-San Antonio has been playing football for one year.

What do these fledgling programs have in common?

They will all, after a very brief stay in college football's Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) jump to the Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly I-A).

Charlotte announced on May 5 that after playing the 2013 and 2014 seasons in the FCS, it will move into Conference USA in 2015.

Georgia State, which is 9-13 under Bill Curry, has accepted an invitation to leave the CAA and join the Sun Belt for the 2013 season.

Old Dominion, which has posted a record of 27-8 in its first three seasons of football, found the opportunity to go to Conference USA just too good to pass up. It, too, will leave the CAA and be eligible for the football championship in 2015.

UT-San Antonio, led by former Miami coach Larry Coker, played its first season in the Southland Conference in 2011. It will move to the WAC for 2012 and then to Conference USA in 2013.

Link to the rest

[h1]Bill Stewart, former West Virginia coach, dies of heart attack[/h1] [h3]PUBLISHED 26 minutes and 8 seconds ago[/h3]
Tweet

Staff report Sporting News

Text size A A A

Former West Virginia head coach Bill Stewart died from an apparent heart attack while playing golf Monday, according to a statement from the university.

Stewart, 59, was playing in a West Virginia Hospitality and Tourism Association annual event with former West Virginia athletic director Eddie Pastilong, according to multiple reports. Stewart was rushed to Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital in Weston.

95388-330-0.jpg
Bill Stewart dies after a heart attack on Monday. (AP Photo)

Stewart played at Fairmont State College and served as a student assistant for a season after he graduated. He spent two seasons at Salem as an assistant, followed by stops as an assistant coach at North Carolina (1979), Marshall (1980), William & Mary (1981-83), Navy (1984), North Carolina (1985-87), Arizona State (1988-89) and Air Force (1990-93).

He was head coach at VMI from 1994-96, then spent a year with the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL and another season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He joined West Virginia as an assistant in 2000.

Stewart replaced Rich Rodriguez on an interim basis for the Mountaineers’ game against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl (Jan. 2, 2008) on and was named head coach shortly after West Virginia won that game, 48-28.

His three teams at West Virginia each went 9-4 from 2008 until 2010 and were 1-2 in bowl games.

After it was announced that Dana Holgorsen would spend the 2011 season as offensive coordinator and become head coach in 2012, Stewart resigned after a report claimed the he attempted to smear Holgorsen’s name.

Back
Top Bottom