'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Ondre Pipkins is in Ann Arbor and is reportedly 6-3 330lbs.... Hope he has some gas in his tank because he is going to need to play some serious snaps this fall.

Why does it have to be the AfAm Studies dept. ?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Several reportedly shot near Ala.'s Auburn U.

By JOHNNY CLARK, Associated Press–52 minutes ago 

AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Several people were shot at an apartment complex near Auburn University in Alabama when a fight broke out during a pool party, authorities and a witness said.

Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson told the Opelika-Auburn News that police were called Saturday night. He did not say who was shot or discuss their conditions.

Turquorius Vines, 23, said he was at the pool party Saturday evening at the University Heights apartments with one of his friends. He said he and his friend were approached by two other men who started arguing with them over a woman.

Vines said he punched one of the men, while his friend hit both of the men over the head with a bottle. Either one or both of the two men then started shooting, he said. He said his friend was shot and killed, while two others also were hit by gunfire. Vines said he had never before seen the men who he had been arguing with.

"It's like I lost a lung," Vines said of his friend. "I don't know how I'm going to survive this."

Several emergency vehicles had converged overnight around the University Heights apartment complex where reports indicated a number of students who attend Auburn University typically reside. The building was swathed in yellow police tape.

It appeared that the shooting happened in an archway near the apartment complex information center, near the edge of the parking lot. Five uniformed officers guarded the area, which was sealed off with crime scene tape, and a handful of crime scene investigators were at work.

After daybreak Sunday, several uniformed officers stood near a disaster relief trailer parked at the building's entrance, which appeared to be a sort of command center. Some bystanders milled about, looking on at the scene.

An Auburn police dispatcher contacted by The Associated Press said early Sunday she had no immediate information. Police did not immediately return repeated telephone messages seeking comment. Local coroner's officials also said they had no immediate comment.

Auburn University campus police said they had no information and referred calls to city police.

Vasha Hunt, a photographer with the Opelika-Auburn News, was at the apartment complex hours earlier and told the AP by telephone before dawn that authorities had set up a white tent there where there was a lot of activity. He said police kept a number of bystanders back for hours away from the scene.

Hunt said at least some of those who initially gathered outside appeared to be residents waiting for permission to enter their apartments.

http://www.google.com/hos...cf764b6c9f2b2e45be4ca124

probably wouldn't have turned to gunfire if the gunmen wasn't hit in the head w/ bottles prior

Originally Posted by Cash Bagz

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

probably wouldn't have turned to gunfire if the gunmen wasn't hit in the head w/ bottles prior

Who brings a gun to a pool party?

without intending to use it in some fashion too.  the fact that they said they'd never seen the guys before but the dudes came at them to fight over a girl, shows that it was prob gonna turn bad no matter what.

A lot of wannabe thugs have weapons in their car at clubs or off campus parties,,.it ain't right but trust me it happens frequently...hate to stereotype my race but it is what it is

[h1]
eek.gif

[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Shaq Thompson, top football recruit, will sign with Red Sox after barely playing prep baseball[/h1]
03-us-blog-avatar-40x40_235900.jpg

By Cameron Smith | Prep Rally – 19 hours ago

Shaq Thompson has all the tools to be an NFL football player. He's one of the top incoming freshmen prospects in the nation who will likely suit up in the defensive backfield at Washington come this fall. His choice of Washington also became significant for another reason last week, when Thompson was surprisingly selected in the MLB draft by the Boston Red Sox.

Grant safety Shaq Thompson at his U.S. Army All-American Game jersey ceremony

That Thompson, rated as the top football prospect in the state of California's Class of 2012, was picked in the MLB draft wasn't necessarily a shock; after all, the teen is one of the better athletes of his graduating class nationwide. That the Sacramento (Calif.) Grant High senior was selected in the 18th round, much earlier than expected, was a bit of a shock simply because Thompson hardly played baseball in high school.

As outlined by the Sacramento Bee, Thompson was predominantly a track athlete, not a baseball player, in the spring of his sophomore and junior seasons. When he did return for his senior season, Thompson enjoyed the sport thoroughly, but met with only moderate success; the center fielder batter .305 but had nearly as many strikeouts (17) as he did hits (18).

Yet those struggles at the plate may have made his athleticism stand out even more; despite falling short of being his team's best hitter, Thompson still had a major impact.

"I just know the kid has a phenomenal arm and all the speed in the world, and can track any ball down," Grant baseball coach Danny Chavez told the Bee. "He has that great athletic ability and great mental approach. And he's such a quality young man, so why not take a chance on putting him in your organization? This game is all about potential, and he's got amazing potential."

For the Red Sox, the dramatic potential of Thompson's future outweighed the relatively modest risk of using an 18th-round draft pick on him and signing him to a bonus which is expected to be in the region of $100,000. Boston radio station WEEI has reported that Thompson is expected to officially join the Red Sox in the coming days, though for now the teen insists that he will head to Washington as scheduled this fall after playing a couple months of Gulf Coast League baseball in Boston's minor-league system.

"I'm definitely going to Washington, but I'll report to baseball first to see how I do," Thompson told the Bee. "I think this is great. I'm surprised. I thought I might get drafted, but much later."

Hogs jerseys are clean as a whistle. Trying to get down there for the LSU game. 
Kniles always look that big? Some how I don't remember him being that big....

Sounds like Arkansas will be losing their end-of-season game with LSU.. LSU and A&M will play on Thanksgiving night.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Hogs jerseys are clean as a whistle. Trying to get down there for the LSU game. 
Kniles always look that big? Some how I don't remember him being that big....

You go to the game, I got you on a few drinks. 
laugh.gif

Knile is huge in person.

Back
Top Bottom