'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Notre Dame moving their Olympic sports to the B12? Natural assumption is that football can't be too far behind.
Well if McQuay lists a top 3 of Vandy, USC and UofM and Bailey is going to be visiting UofM soon then the logical thing to think is that they'll both end up at UofM if they want to play together. I mean, am I right or am I right?
I'm just glad neither one of them are going to Florida.

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

RichRod with 14 commits already
pimp.gif

As a U of M fan, I'm thoroughly disappointed in the way we handled the Rich Rod fiasco from the day he left WV. The people at U of M gave him too much %#!$ he didn't deserve and because of that he couldn't build the team he wanted to.

I hope he makes a hell of football team at Arizona.

Go Blue

Couldn't disagree with you more... People had agendas but so do the ones that are talking that RR was a saint and did nothing to bring the hate towards him... The 4 best sources for Michigan football that I have all are glad he is gone and thought last year would have been a train wreck if he stayed on... Best of luck to him at Arizona but I am glad he is not coaching the team I root for. 

If the new playoff is the 4 best teams like everyone seems to hope for one would think ND can stay independent for the near future.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Well if McQuay lists a top 3 of Vandy, USC and UofM and Bailey is going to be visiting UofM soon then the logical thing to think is that they'll both end up at UofM if they want to play together. I mean, am I right or am I right?

UofM just took a 6-2ish CB so I'm not sure there is any room left for McQuay.  Channing Stribling came and camped and got offered and committed.  I don't like to question our staff but this seems like a kid that we could have got if we whiffed on McQuay.  Seems he plays WR more than corner.

The Ducks got a nice pick up.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

UofM just took a 6-2ish CB so I'm not sure there is any room left for McQuay.  Channing Stribling came and camped and got offered and committed.  I don't like to question our staff but this seems like a kid that we could have got if we whiffed on McQuay.  Seems he plays WR more than corner.

Guessing the coaches have a good idea where they stand with McQuay and Fuller... Still 2 spots left... Treadwell has 1 spot waiting for him (hopefully he takes it) and the other will hopefully be a super at any position.

Texas Tech is threatening to cancel a game with Texas State because ESPN is trying to televise it on the Longhorn Network.
30t6p3b.gif

Tech is basically saying they just won't show up.
laugh.gif

Ah, the Big XII... So stable.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Guessing the coaches have a good idea where they stand with McQuay and Fuller... Still 2 spots left... Treadwell has 1 spot waiting for him (hopefully he takes it) and the other will hopefully be a super at any position.
Would be very shocked if Fuller doesn't end up at VT, but if he doesn't it will be Clemson. I know there was some interest in Michigan but Clemson is the only school that's really a threat at this point.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Texas Tech is threatening to cancel a game with Texas State because ESPN is trying to televise it on the Longhorn Network.
30t6p3b.gif

Tech is basically saying they just won't show up.
laugh.gif

Ah, the Big XII... So stable.

Real bad look by ESPN but why is Texas Tech playing a road game at Texas State anyway? If I'm not mistaken TSU has right to put games on LHN. It could be a ploy to get the game on another ESPN channel but it's not a good look for Tech either imo.

With a score of 995 out of a possible 1,000, Northwestern ranked first among all Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) programs in Academic Progress Rate (APR), according to the data released by the NCAA on Wednesday, June 20. The APR scores measure the retention and eligibility of student-athletes at each school for the four-year period between 2007-08 and 2010-11 academic years.

NU's program-record score of 995 placed it in a tie with Davidson for the top tally among all institutions competing at the FBS or FCS level, ahead of Yale, Brown, Pennsylvania and Dayton. Duke University was the next highest FBS program behind Northwestern with a score of 989.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

James Wilder Jr. back in jail. Violated his probation by failing a breathalyzer test @ his work release program

Wow, that's about as low as one can get. 

Man he (supposedly) blew a .01
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Which means it was probably from the night before. Hell, you can probably get that from Listerine. In an article about it, one person said that you're only supposed to get in trouble for a .02. So, IDK *shrugs*

That certainly makes sense, cant imagine how many breathalyzers I would have failed the following day, one of them being tomorrow.

What position is he expected to play, when sober, anyway?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

With a score of 995 out of a possible 1,000, Northwestern ranked first among all Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) programs in Academic Progress Rate (APR), according to the data released by the NCAA on Wednesday, June 20. The APR scores measure the retention and eligibility of student-athletes at each school for the four-year period between 2007-08 and 2010-11 academic years.

NU's program-record score of 995 placed it in a tie with Davidson for the top tally among all institutions competing at the FBS or FCS level, ahead of Yale, Brown, Pennsylvania and Dayton. Duke University was the next highest FBS program behind Northwestern with a score of 989.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That Championship 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It seems like Fitz is going to be a lifer there as long as he keeps his health... Love that... Dude will turn into a great coach (already is making some big leaps) and will get that program winning consistently in the B1G... If he can find  a way to grab a monster like Odenigbo every year, it will speed up that process quite a bit... Ifeadi has so much talent and having Fitz get his grubs on him could make him special.... Always have to respect Northwestern because of what a great school it is

Is there really not a thread talking about the new playoff?

I personally still wish they would have went with 8 teams but at least this is a step in the right direction.

Boise State is screwed. This decision could eliminate the Big East from postseason play because its champion is no longer guaranteed a spot in one of the six major bowls. The Mountain West Conference also did not receive a waiver to automatically qualify. What does Boise State do now? They are in a lose-lose situation and have to make a decision by Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom