'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

I'm goin with D-Rob to be special this year ... plus Bama lost most their D... UM by 10

I love watching Denard but he'll still be inaccurate and throw up duck 50-50 balls; that won't work against good defenses. As a runner we held him to 13 carries for 13 yards. Even with Bama losing a lot of players their D is in all likelihood much better than ours was last year. Denard would have to improve by leaps and bounds and their team speed on D would have to greatly improve overnight for them to even have a chance.

Last edited:
i'm a little surprised how much of a "runaway" USC was in the preseason poll. maybe too much hype?

They are just one of a few elite teams with a solid returning quarterback. Whether it translates into a PAC-12 championship , we'll see. They're my pick though.

Food.

My biggest concern for Denard is who is he going to throw to. I'm not too crazy about our WR/TE's. Also our starting OL should be pretty good but if one of them goes goes down they're backed up by someone with no experience/walk-ons/freshmen.

On D our whole secondary returns which was pretty solid last year, our LB's should be pretty decent but our DL is sort of a questionable. Will Campbell was a 5* coming out of HS and he's been pretty disappointing.

Your biggest concern should be CAN Denard throw :lol: those 5-10 duckballs he throws per game will get him eaten alive by the tide

Got a chance to watch both teams in person last year, Michigan is definitely much improved under Hoke, but they aren't ready for Bama.

If you don't take care of the ball and make Alabama play from behind, they will abuse you. :x Doesn't hurt that they return one of the best offensive lines in the country with Lacy running behind them.

Alabama is going to be vulnerable, but they will still be solid all the way across the board on defense. If anything Saban won't let Nussmeier come in and dangle the game on the string, he'll take the air out the ball if possible. I got Bama by 10.

I think a lot of Denards bad throws last year was just because he was in a new offense that had more reads in it than RRod's passing offense. Denard missed a lot of wide open receivers last year because he never looked that them. He does have some accuracy issues but I think year two in this offense will be better.

I think a lot of Denards bad throws last year was just because he was in a new offense that had more reads in it than RRod's passing offense. Denard missed a lot of wide open receivers last year because he never looked that them. He does have some accuracy issues but I think year two in this offense will be better.
If you weren't a Michigan fan, you'd realized it's much more likely that he's just not a good passing QB.  Incredible, dynamic talent though.

Ummm....No.

Back
Top Bottom