12 years ago today, one of the greatest consoles of all time was released in the US...

This was the first(and only) system I got on RD. Only because I was working at Toys R Us at the time.

89486bc64558.jpg

My first game for the PS2.

Very underrated gameplay wise... :pimp:

This was the first(and only) system I got on RD. Only because I was working at Toys R Us at the time.

89486bc64558.jpg

Very underrated gameplay wise...
pimp.gif
nthat.gif

metal gear solid 2 & 3 were my fav....also GTA San Andreas 

89486bc64558.jpg

Very underrated gameplay wise...
pimp.gif
This game was incredibly difficult and cheated so bad lol. I know I broke at least 1 controller playing this game. I remember you basically had to remember the racing routes and if you screwed up the littlest detail, or hit a bump in the road and crashed, it was curtains, and pause, restart race time.

PS1>>>>>PS2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>N64.

greatest console of all time? if it wasnt for the ps1, there wouldnt even be a ps2.

still playing many of the PS1 classics today.:pimp:

SNES> NES> N64> PS2> Xbox360> Sega Genesis> Dreamcast> PS1

I would have put the PS2 infront of the N64, but when I thought about it... nah. The PS2 might have sold the most and had the biggest library out of any console, but most of the games sucked that came out for it.

The ones that were good did really stand out a lot because if you look at the rest of the pile of trash library that the PS2 had what wouldn't look good.

Another thing I factored in was the durability of the PS2. The dreaded "disc read error" that plagued the hell out of most PS2's causing most to just buy another one outright is what made this the biggest selling console in history. It was cheaper to buy a new one when you got hit with the disc read error than it was repair it. Sony and their tactics :smh:

But, the SNES and N64 you could pull out from storage and they would play to this day. NES not so much, but I'm not sure and plus the NES layed the groundwork of what a console generation is. SNES cemented it though.

N64 didn't have a big a library of games that the PS2 had, but man the games were top notch and still considered by many even up to today to be classics and what many of the best selling games of today have become. The N64 was originally what these consoles are today... the mulitplayer aspect started with the N64 and then once Internet caught on it was a wrap.

Looking back Xbox did have a weak line up besides Halo
Back in the day I remember there were so many PS2 games I wanted

N64 used cartridges at the turn of the century b....get that talk out of here. PS1 was better than N64, much less the PS2.

Many an after school evening I was able to partake in moist tender yambs, while watching DVDs with shorties on the PS2.

Last edited:
N64 used cartridges

Many an after school evening I was able to partake in moist tender yambs, while watching DVDs with shorties on the PS2.

This!

Look, I love the 64 it has my favorite game of all time on it (Ocarina of Time) but it was in no way shape or form better than the PS2 other than it being able to do 4 players at once.

PS2 had the DVD player, CD player :lol: , and could play PS1 games.

Games that were absolute bangers only for the PS2:

-God of war
-God of war 2
-Ico
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Katamari Damacy
-Final Fantasy X
-FF 12 (debatable but respected)
-Suikoden 4
-Silent Hill 2
-Silent Hill 3
-Silent Hill 4
-Burnout 3 (i think this was ps2 only)
-Devil May Cry 1
-Devil May Cry 3
-Okami
-Gran Turismo 3 ASPEC
-Gran Turismo 4
-MGS 2
-MGS 3
-Persona 4
-GTA 3
-GTA VC
-GTA SA
-Bully
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Kingdom Hearts
-Kingdom Hearts 2

What's the 64's list look like?:

-Mario 64
-Ocarina
-Majora's Mask
-Smash bros
-Diddy Kong Racing
-Mario Kart
-Mario Party
-Jet Force Gemini
-Goldeneye
-Perfect Dark
-Banjo-Kazooie
- WCW/NWO Revenge/World tour
-WWF No Mercy

Last edited:
N64 used cartridges

This!

Look, I love the 64 it has my favorite game of all time on it (Ocarina of Time) but it was in no way shape or form better than the PS2 other than it being able to do 4 players at once.

PS2 had the DVD player, CD player :lol: , and could play PS1 games.

Games that were absolute bangers only for the PS2:

-God of war
-God of war 2
-Ico
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Katamari Damacy
-Final Fantasy X
-FF 12 (debatable but respected)
-Suikoden 4
-Silent Hill 2
-Silent Hill 3
-Silent Hill 4
-Burnout 3 (i think this was ps2 only)
-Devil May Cry 1
-Devil May Cry 3
-Okami
-Gran Turismo 3 ASPEC
-Gran Turismo 4
-MGS 2
-MGS 3
-Persona 4
-GTA 3
-GTA VC
-GTA SA
-Bully
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Kingdom Hearts
-Kingdom Hearts 2

What's the 64's list look like?:

-Mario 64
-Ocarina
-Majora's Mask
-Smash bros
-Diddy Kong Racing
-Mario Kart
-Mario Party
-Jet Force Gemini
-Goldeneye
-Perfect Dark
-Banjo-Kazooie
- WCW/NWO Revenge/World tour
-WWF No Mercy

Some of those PS2 titles you posted were some of the same ones I marked as my favorites. I knew you were cool for a reason... :lol:

Ps2>Dreamcast>n64

N64 and dreamcast had classics but nobody was coming close to ps2s library. still remember I preordered mine almost a year before release and still didn't get one on release cause a shortage. a month later kb called cause they restocked and I bolted out the door. dudes were staring at the blue box being handed to me like it was the holy grail. good memories.

This system is as classic as the SNES before it. Too many good titles, too long of a reign on the video game industry to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom