13 year old kid wit almost ALL retro Jordans… still needs a few (size 5).. video inside..

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at people who think THAT is ghetto. You must be joking.

Not sure "You know what I'm sayin, ya feelin me, etc" people say that all the time. His voice just sounds like a regional accent to me.

Exactly.  There is no doubt in my mind that this kid collects because it's the "cool" thing to do right now.  I'm not impressed when I see a 13 year old who's parents have bought him dozens of pairs of shoes.  I'm actually disgusted because it's irresponsible parenting.
How so. Kid is keeping his grades up so I don't see the big deal if you can afford it.

But, tell us more about that cathode ray television? That's the oldest piece in your collection.

Seriously, I'm not trying to bash a 13 year old. I have peers with kids older than shorty, so I would be foul to pick on him. Most of us fronted when we were 13.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Part of me lashes out against these types of kids who think they can just buy a kit to "living the life." At the same time, when I was a young teen, I had very little supervision and was living the life of the kids in Kids. I'm guilty of glorifying that, and it worked out for me because I was able to move past that - after some serious mistakes. But, I recognize that ain't the route either.

Basically, your entire personality at that age is aspirational. Hopefully, when you grow into a young adult, you harness the redeeming and look to move past the foolishness.

And, to be honest - and I am the biggest boom bap hip hop purist elitist out there - it's foul and borderline racist to make fun of dude for rapping. Rap is just one of many forms of popular music. I bet a ton of us were in "bands" at his age or so. And, if he said he was in a pop-punk band instead of trying to rap, I don't think anybody would be giving him mess about "not living that life."

Of course, he don't live the life. Neither do most of the rappers who sell records. Dog bites man.

Last edited:
lol at people who think THAT is ghetto. You must be joking.
Not sure "You know what I'm sayin, ya feelin me, etc" people say that all the time. His voice just sounds like a regional accent to me.
How so. Kid is keeping his grades up so I don't see the big deal if you can afford it.

What scollar is getting at is that it is irresponsible to spoil your child, by nature. You cultivate an unhealthy and warped view of the world in your children if you heap material possessions on them without ensuring they understand the value of a dollar. You also indoctrinate your child into the ideology of conspicuous consumption. I made the same point on the NT dads pics thread. I shared a similar experience growing up as scollar and am in my 30s as well; I definitely know what he's saying.

But, at the same time, you know what - scollar - our parents' generation thought our generation was spoiled too!

What scollar is getting at is that it is irresponsible to spoil your child, by nature. You cultivate an unhealthy and warped view of the world in your children if you heap material possessions on them without ensuring they understand the value of a dollar. You also indoctrinate your child into the ideology of conspicuous consumption. I made the same point on the NT dads pics thread. I shared a similar experience growing up as scollar and am in my 30s as well; I definitely know what he's saying.
But, at the same time, you know what - scollar - our parents' generation thought our generation was spoiled too!
But still, for the most part I grew up BEGGING for some nice things and that screwed me up more than not having anything at all. I ended up doing some terrible things for material possessions, and the glory that came with them, and just recently got my act together. But now I have to try a ten times harder to get to a position people came across with not so much hard work.

But still, for the most part I grew up BEGGING for some nice things and that screwed me up more than not having anything at all. I ended up doing some terrible things for material possessions, and the glory that came with them, and just recently got my act together. But now I have to try a ten times harder to get to a position people came across with not so much hard work.

I hear you. It's a tough line to toe. I don't think anybody would deny that.

Last edited:
Unless he is done growing, I don't see the point of this 
mean.gif

well if it means anything.. he sales n trades kicks all day..

thats his hustle.. its just funny to me that y'all see a fly kid n automatically just go negative any way y'all can...

youngin raps, DJ's, got a hustle, gets good grades, and got a MEAN wardrobe.. so to me, y'all sound foolish.. 

well if it means anything.. he sales n trades kicks all day..

thats his hustle.. its just funny to me that y'all see a fly kid n automatically just go negative any way y'all can...

youngin raps, DJ's, got a hustle, gets good grades, and got a MEAN wardrobe.. so to me, y'all sound foolish.. 
You sound foolish because your jockin this kid like crazy. Why do you care about him? Is he your son, do you have any personal stake in this dude? Seems like you joined NT just to promote him, you just joined yesterday and all your posts have been in this thread. Stop it, b.

You sound foolish because your jockin this kid like crazy. Why do you care about him? Is he your son, do you have any personal stake in this dude? Seems like you joined NT just to promote him, you just joined yesterday and all your posts have been in this thread. Stop it, b.
i said it earlier that he's my artist… that should explain it..

1) The DMV started the "New Balance movement". Hmm...

2) This kid must be selling a lot of records to afford all those shoes.

Yeah I was in that single mom, Hakeem the Dream, $35 Spalding wearing crowd as a child like a lot of you, being older than a lot of the new generation of "sneakerheads". I can't hate too much on the kid, I can't say I would've turned down dozens of shoes if my mom was willing to buy them for me. It is very frustrating to see kids acting like they're rap stars with their $1000+ sneaker collections, but that's what they're influenced by.

Its crazy because most of us older dudes were inspired to wear these shoes by the athletes they were made for, and a lot of the younger dudes are inspired by the celebrities who turn the hobby of a small group into a billion dollar industry based on hype and one-upsmanship(sp?). 

first vid i threw up a few weeks ago...

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

a few weeks ago with a yesterday join date?

or did you mean you posted his video on youtube....Hold up are you buddy's manager or something :nerd: That would explain why this is newsworthy to you

OP, is generating views/clicks for those lame videos and stirring the pot by retorting to your criticisms of said videos. Let this thread die and let the OP think of more creative ways to generate hype/clicks.

up on youtube a few weeks ago...

I'm developing him… so yea, I'm in promo mode...

y'all in y'all feelins cuz a kid got some kicks...

emo 4real...

i done heard 4 life stories n how it all comes back to why this kid should only own 1 pair if J's… 

but at 40, its ok to still buy em by the boatload.. 

roll.gif

nice collection. "all retro jordans" is a huge over statment though. I'll give you this, you have a lot more pairs than i did at 13. Only used to get 3 pairs of shoes a year when i was a kid, 1 for back to school, 1 for Christmas, and another for my birthday.
3? I was lucky to get 2. One for back to school and the 2nd pair either around Christmas or income tax time. My birthday was in the summer so that could count as my back to school/birthday pair. I remember when I went into Junior high, that was the first time I didn't have a pair of new kicks on the first day of school. My mom sent me to school in the Retro 5s that dropped earlier in 2000 and called it a day so this lil dude is kinda fortunate.

OP, is generating views/clicks for those lame videos and stirring the pot by retorting to your criticisms of said videos. Let this thread die and let the OP think of more creative ways to generate hype/clicks.
i dont understand.. .

this seems to be a decent thread.. but since i actually have a motive behind the post, everyone should let it die?

if it was just me postin a random kid wit kicks, it would be good for convo tho… 

i dont understand.. .

this seems to be a decent thread.. but since i actually have a motive behind the post, everyone should let it die?

if it was just me postin a random kid wit kicks, it would be good for convo tho… 

yes dog. NT isn't your personal promo spot. I've seen a couple people get banned for this today already. Nobody is interested in some 13 yr old that you're "developing" (Chris Lighty?)

The song was better than thought it would be 
laugh.gif

The thread actually has the video of the kid shoes so its not a complete promo stunt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom