19 teens rob DC store and make away w. over $20,000 worth of denim....

I don't disagree with that at all but you can't keep on changing the goal posts. Your first complaint was about it being a stereotype then when other stereotypes are pointed out, it's then about the degree of negativity that arises as a result of the stereotype. 
The "complaint" was about preferential treatment .  The criminals in this case are being treated differently than those in which the alleged perpetrators are White.  The case is being used to justify a racist stereotype - and one that, it's worth noting, is particularly malicious.  
If you look at the Lindsay Lohan case, you don't find the same compulsion to make a broad statement about her race.  The "counter" to this is that her race doesn't fit a stereotype - and yet, after demonstrating that stereotypes COULD be formed on this basis, but aren't, you suggested that some people do, in fact, associate Whites with certain crimes. 

Odds are, however, that people bring up the "racial profile" of child sex offenders and serial killers merely to point out that these profiles are formed and enforced differently than profiles affecting people of color.  

They aren't expressed in earnest the way the stereotype of Black criminality is.  

So, what you see as "different goals," are, in truth, one and the same.  

No one here suggested that people should consider wealthy White women likely thieves.  No one here suggested that White teachers should be subjected to additional scrutiny.  Yet people ARE attempting to validate and justify the age old stereotype of Black criminality.  I think we should call that out for what it is.

damn, 19 outta 19 black kids though?
laugh.gif
 (unless i mistook some mixed as being hispanic asian or dark white indian or some other etc.)
plus, lets do a little research and find out what percentages are black in that city's correctional facility?
eyes.gif
 (not trying to say anything about anyone, but my guess is perhaps more then 55% even if you consider robbery alone...again only my stereotyping self making an educated/uneducated guess depending.)

You demonstrate the capability to apply critical thought to a proposed stereotype re: pedophiles, yet you're absolutely taking the stereotype of Black criminality at its full face value.  Why?  You're suggesting that Black residents of DC are disproportionately represented among the prison population, but you don't seem to care about things like residential segregation, income disparities, the self-fulfilling prophecy effects of racial profiling, or anything else that could challenge the validity of an assumption that, for undisclosed reasons, you seem to treat as indisputable fact.  Why aren't you as skeptical of this correlation as you are of White pedophiles/serial killers?  

I don't disagree with that at all but you can't keep on changing the goal posts. Your first complaint was about it being a stereotype then when other stereotypes are pointed out, it's then about the degree of negativity that arises as a result of the stereotype. 
The "complaint" was about preferential treatment .  The criminals in this case are being treated differently than those in which the alleged perpetrators are White.  The case is being used to justify a racist stereotype - and one that, it's worth noting, is particularly malicious.  
If you look at the Lindsay Lohan case, you don't find the same compulsion to make a broad statement about her race.  The "counter" to this is that her race doesn't fit a stereotype - and yet, after demonstrating that stereotypes COULD be formed on this basis, but aren't, you suggested that some people do, in fact, associate Whites with certain crimes. 

Odds are, however, that people bring up the "racial profile" of child sex offenders and serial killers merely to point out that these profiles are formed and enforced differently than profiles affecting people of color.  

They aren't expressed in earnest the way the stereotype of Black criminality is.  

So, what you see as "different goals," are, in truth, one and the same.  

No one here suggested that people should consider wealthy White women likely thieves.  No one here suggested that White teachers should be subjected to additional scrutiny.  Yet people ARE attempting to validate and justify the age old stereotype of Black criminality.  I think we should call that out for what it is.

damn, 19 outta 19 black kids though?
laugh.gif
 (unless i mistook some mixed as being hispanic asian or dark white indian or some other etc.)
plus, lets do a little research and find out what percentages are black in that city's correctional facility?
eyes.gif
 (not trying to say anything about anyone, but my guess is perhaps more then 55% even if you consider robbery alone...again only my stereotyping self making an educated/uneducated guess depending.)

You demonstrate the capability to apply critical thought to a proposed stereotype re: pedophiles, yet you're absolutely taking the stereotype of Black criminality at its full face value.  Why?  You're suggesting that Black residents of DC are disproportionately represented among the prison population, but you don't seem to care about things like residential segregation, income disparities, the self-fulfilling prophecy effects of racial profiling, or anything else that could challenge the validity of an assumption that, for undisclosed reasons, you seem to treat as indisputable fact.  Why aren't you as skeptical of this correlation as you are of White pedophiles/serial killers?  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by TheGhostofCharlesOakley

Good Lord ..

They got guts ...

FOREAL
laugh.gif
Son!  That's what I'm saying....they're blatantly stealing things UNDER THE MANAGER'S WATCH...like "we got this."  To me....it's sad, funny (in a sense), yet pathetic all at the same time
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by TheGhostofCharlesOakley

Good Lord ..

They got guts ...

FOREAL
laugh.gif
Son!  That's what I'm saying....they're blatantly stealing things UNDER THE MANAGER'S WATCH...like "we got this."  To me....it's sad, funny (in a sense), yet pathetic all at the same time
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

20 gs my %+!... store only loss 5k max and insurance covered it im sure
Are you unfamiliar with G-Star? If they stole over a hundred items like the store is claiming then 20k is not an exaggeration. 

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

20 gs my %+!... store only loss 5k max and insurance covered it im sure
Are you unfamiliar with G-Star? If they stole over a hundred items like the store is claiming then 20k is not an exaggeration. 

Whats the point of this? Its not much of a come up (like a G a piece) And too many ppl involved.

Someone will snitch and they'll all end up caught.

Whats the point of this? Its not much of a come up (like a G a piece) And too many ppl involved.

Someone will snitch and they'll all end up caught.

Originally Posted by TylerrS99

Originally Posted by jhawkin826

The exact reason black people can't go into stores w/o being followed.

This couldn't be more true.  Im white but work at Polo Ralph Lauren and my manager is one of the most racist $!%$^#@ I have ever met.  He tells us to follow around black customers all the time
30t6p3b.gif
dont listen to him.................................n
roll.gif
 at the video, seriously everybody's a thief.  stealing isnt a crime gettin caught is.

Originally Posted by TylerrS99

Originally Posted by jhawkin826

The exact reason black people can't go into stores w/o being followed.

This couldn't be more true.  Im white but work at Polo Ralph Lauren and my manager is one of the most racist $!%$^#@ I have ever met.  He tells us to follow around black customers all the time
30t6p3b.gif
dont listen to him.................................n
roll.gif
 at the video, seriously everybody's a thief.  stealing isnt a crime gettin caught is.

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF

Probably already said already, but I don't mind saying it again. Next time that happens, put a bullet in one of their heads. Nobody will come back to steal again.

indifferent.gif
 I agree they should be caught and punished, but you went WAY over the line with that comment. I hope my sarcasm meter is broken or something.

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF

Probably already said already, but I don't mind saying it again. Next time that happens, put a bullet in one of their heads. Nobody will come back to steal again.

indifferent.gif
 I agree they should be caught and punished, but you went WAY over the line with that comment. I hope my sarcasm meter is broken or something.

What are the legalities of having a weapon in a store and getting it out upon emergencies? One quick shot into the ceiling or into a wall to scare them away seems like a good move. What about a baseball bat and start beating on the robbers? I guess if I ever own a store, I contact a lawyer and ask about what my rights are when they are being violated. Maybe even throw out a stink bomb or flash bang and get the crowd dispursed. Are non law enforcement officers allowed to use this sort of stuff?

Back
Top Bottom