1993 Production Sample Jordan IX - A glimpse at what the IX could have been...

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

The timeline of the story is all wrong....

this sample was made in late Aug of 93, and MJ wore the final version sample in Bulls practices in May of 93 ,and the AJ IX in the same form MJ wore them came out in Nov 93, so obviously this wasnt a scrapped version of the main AJ IX... A sample made in Aug would be for release in the Spring at the earliest of next year... AJ IX was already going into production at the time this sample was made...

the Tag reads Air Jordan OS, and a Look See Sample so it was probably going to be a modified low top version, like the AJ XI IE low, and when he retired before the start of the 93 season the whole idea was probably scrapped, is my best guess....
I think you're right. This could have been an "i.e." type Jordan IX release that never came to fruition.

Originally Posted by HipHopCaliber

I know the Nike Shox line was nowhere near production yet and have no connection to JB but for some reason also these Samples just remind me of the Shox Bomber
embarassed.gif
... I think maybe it's just the forefoot design/stitching and the "teeth" from midsole extending upwards giving the Shox feel...Crazy I know but just me....

resize

Originally Posted by HipHopCaliber

I know the Nike Shox line was nowhere near production yet and have no connection to JB but for some reason also these Samples just remind me of the Shox Bomber
embarassed.gif
... I think maybe it's just the forefoot design/stitching and the "teeth" from midsole extending upwards giving the Shox feel...Crazy I know but just me....

resize

Thanks for sharing..

Kinda glad they didn't go with this as an actual Model.. being IE or not.

That back leather VI looking thing isn't doing it for me..

Thanks for sharing..

Kinda glad they didn't go with this as an actual Model.. being IE or not.

That back leather VI looking thing isn't doing it for me..

interesting design. if they put more work into integrating the pattern i think they would look real nice, but o well.

interesting design. if they put more work into integrating the pattern i think they would look real nice, but o well.

Thanks for posting HHC -very interesting -but ultimately glad they didn't release, wether intended as the main shoe or low top version.

Thanks for posting HHC -very interesting -but ultimately glad they didn't release, wether intended as the main shoe or low top version.

We might have thought differently then, but now that you have seen what JB can do, these just look blah to me.

We might have thought differently then, but now that you have seen what JB can do, these just look blah to me.

Back
Top Bottom