1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers Appreciation....Greatest College FB Team Ever

I know a lot of NTers are too young to remember how dominant Nebraska Football was in the 90's..

The 1995 team was the greatest team ever.

* Averaged 50 ppg
* Outscored opponents 421-150
* Beat 4 teams that finished in the top 10 by an average score of 49-18
* Beat Florida 62- 24 in Fiesta Bowl
* Averaged 7 yards per carry as a team
* Set an NCAA� bowl record w/ 524 yards rushing in the Fiesta Bowl

64-21 OK. ST.
50-10 MICH ST.
77-28 ARIZONA ST. (63-0 at halftime)
49-7 PACIFIC (49-0 at halftime)
35-21 WASHINGTON ST. (Close call by their standards)
57-0 MISSOURI
49-25 KANSAS ST. #8
44-21 COLORADO #7
73-14 IOWA ST.
41-3 KANSAS #10
37-0 OKLAHOMA (Worst defeat ever until '96)

62-24 FLORIDA #2

IMO, the most impressive stat is Nebraska put up all these numbers running the option. Frazier did not even have1500 yards passing for theentire season.

cce2574ebe8b45bc4739bed110ca72ee0b33157.jpg

bf5153e087524a93e1d111a166acf034fc97305.jpg

8ec151e68f5a4a9a505009cba3066ca9b9ee0ed.jpg

Originally Posted by JPZx

2001 Miami Hurricanes = Greatest College FB Team Ever
That Miami team had the greatest collection of individual talent ever...Eric Crouch was the fastest dude on the field 99% of the time until heplayed that Miami team in the Rose Bowl..

Like I said, most were too young to remember that 95 Nebraska team....they put up all those records being 1 dimensional..

Nebraska BLASTED Florida in the title game, and that same Gators team came back and won the title the year after..

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

That Miami team had the greatest collection of individual talent ever.
I guess that's what I meant but hypothetically, if the two matched up, I think the Canes would be able to win by a healthy margin. Just myopinion though...

I'll admit, I wasn't able to watch the '95 Nebraska team live (I was only 6 at the time) but I've seen some of the highlights from that season.

Didn't that '95 team have more players go to the NFL than the '01 Canes team though? I think they had around 30 players just from that team play inthe NFL at some point...

That Miami team had the greatest collection of individual talent ever...Eric Crouch was the fastest dude on the field 99% of the time until he played that Miami team in the Rose Bowl..

Like I said, most were too young to remember that 95 Nebraska team....they put up all those records being 1 dimensional..

Nebraska BLASTED Florida in the title game, and that same Gators team came back and won the title the year after..
QFT

I have to admit, I did not know how dominant this team was. Those early and mid-nineties Husker teams were very impressive.

What a lot of people dont realize is that Miami team in 01 had a couple close games....They had a close game vs Boston College if I remember correctly, Theystruggled against VT that year..

Nebraska was NEVER challenged the entire season...The starters rarely played the 4th quarter

That Miami team had the greatest collection of individual talent ever.
I guess that's what I meant but hypothetically, if the two matched up, I think the Canes would be able to win by a healthy margin. Just my opinion though...

I'll admit, I wasn't able to watch the '95 Nebraska team live (I was only 6 at the time) but I've seen some of the highlights from that season.

Didn't that '95 team have more players go to the NFL than the '01 Canes team though? I think they had around 30 players just from that team play in the NFL at some point...

they had like 25 players go to the nfl. im old so i saw them live and i think they are the best college team i have ever seen. im no expert though. i meanthey played the number 2 team at the end of the year and absolutely @%** on them.

They are certainly the best team I ever saw, no doubt. Followed by the 2004 Trojan team and then the 2001 Miami Hurricanes.

I think it's fair to say that those 2 teams are the best college FB teams ever assembled it just depends on where you're from and how you old you are.Obviously 01 UM had better talent but that doesn't mean they were the better team.

IMO Nebraska is by far the better team. They woulda annihilated Da U if they played each other

I dont care about the NFL players argument because that is irrelevant when we are talking about TEAMS. USC had NFL talent at every defensive position lastyear and they werent even the best team in the country.

Nebraska is the best team I have seen in my 20+ years of watching NCAAF. I have zero bias and I have watched NCAAF religiously since Bowden and Holtzdominated in the early 90's.

Lawrence Philips and T Frazier were so raw I swear... for those youngins out there, please youtube their highlights. youll never see a team run the ball thatwell in your life trust that.

For a guy who thinks big 12 football is hot trash, Nebraska is the best team i have ever seen in NCAAF
pimp.gif

^ like OP said, not many of ya were old enough. i agree, that 95 nebraska team was ridiculous. best cfb team in my lifetime. their defense was lights out andthat option they ran was unstoppable. tommie frazier was a beast, throw in lawrence phillips and ahman green
pimp.gif

btw, that 01 nebraska team shouldnt even been in the championship gm. colorado ##@*@!@ on them in the reg season, if i recall.� miami had a few close gms,nebraska dominated all their gms that yr

forget that run tommie had against florida, his bars
pimp.gif
terrell farleywasnt bad, too
laugh.gif

62-24 FLORIDA #2
frown.gif
First time I had my heart broken by college football. Andit cemented my hate for Nebraska forever.

Originally Posted by jville819

I think it's fair to say that those 2 teams are the best college FB teams ever assembled it just depends on where you're from and how you old you are. Obviously 01 UM had better talent but that doesn't mean they were the better team.

IMO Nebraska is by far the better team. They woulda annihilated Da U if they played each other

Annihilated?

aint no way no hell they woulda annihilated them...Miami had the defense to atleast slow that option down..

Way too much talent on that side of the ball.

Miami wins that game.

but of course imma homer so
laugh.gif

I dont care about the NFL players argument because that is irrelevant when we are talking about TEAMS. USC had NFL talent at every defensiveposition last year and they werent even the best team in the country.

I disagree, sad that USC is always eliminated with only 1 loss while Florida and Oklahoma had one loss as well. Texas had an argument as well, not beingable to play in the Big XII title game despite beating Oklahoma during the season,
laugh.gif

I think we would've given Florida a solid game, but that is not the way the cards turned out. There is no point in arguing either, but I like the waywe mollywhopped another Big 10 team.

Back
Top Bottom