1997-1998 no limit fans

REPPED

No more regional sound.

I remember when each coast had their own style, from clothing to rhythm and production.

No more label only collaborations.

And when you got a cross label collab it was epic!

Now everyone on the same thing sounding like yesterdays hit.

This is also what brought on the beef. Dudes went into the lab for a year and came out with what they thought was the best. There was a sense of pride. That pride brought on the "who's the best" which in turn brought out the either (pun intended). Now we got dudes holding hands and hugging their way through albums of complete premade cookie cutter garbage.

I remember when No Limit got Snoop

Everyone was shocked they got him :lol:

They were on top of the world for a little while

Last edited:
One of the most underrated songs.

Mr Magics and Mysticals back to back verse :x

C-Murder :pimp:

Silk :lol: :smh:

C-Murder SKATED on this joint :x :x :x :x He will always be one of my favorite rappers of all time.

I went back and played Slikk's music. Don't care what anyone says, I can still play it. "Charge It 2 Da Game" and "Made Man" are both hard albums. I can still play majority of them.

One of my joints here. Silkk and C-Murder over a Ke'Noe beat :x

Hate to sound like "that guy" but music now is made from a handful of producers making stuff for everyone. People always ask "why does everything sound the same?" It's because it is. All recycled garbage. Can't respect these "artists" at all.

REPPED

No more regional sound.

I remember when each coast had their own style, from clothing to rhythm and production.

No more label only collaborations.

And when you got a cross label collab it was epic!

Now everyone on the same thing sounding like yesterdays hit.

I thought about making this thread a few days ago. How much the internet and social media has hurt music and culture. It obviously helps as well but while I listen to a lot of 90s music still, you hear that regional sound. The beats, flows and slang. You could hear a song and instantly know where he was from. Now, you have no clue. I meet cats from Texas that talk like me. Using the same slang and ****. I just found out a couple years ago what "Tee's, Bo's and Ree's" were after listening to Cash Money since 98. Had no clue what NL and CMR were talking about half the time because being in NY, we didn't hear any of that slang ever. My girl is from down south and she still explaining southern slang to me :rofl: but I definitely miss that regional sound.

I remember when No Limit got Snoop

Everyone was shocked they got him
laugh.gif

They were on top of the world for a little while
THIS.  I was shocked to see Snoop with No Limit.  Definitely remember his first single get spins late summer before I started my senior year of high school. 

I want to say Snoop came out at some awards show that had everyone talking

The Source Awards maybe?

I could be wrong

Someone enbed this

Don't play this **** in the club unless someone got a hit out

Last edited:
Silkk had one of the greatest and worst verses of all time on "I Always Feel Like"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
lmmfao..i be seeing shxt, but i don't be seeing shxt, but i feel like i be seeing shxt, when i'm seeing shxt...got me noid ..lmfaooooooo.

Did Mia X ever do anything after her legendary verse in Make Em Say Uhhh?
laugh.gif
she actually was one of the best female rappers, her albums were always dope ..

& this is a soldier song masterpiece, but mia x kiiiiiiiiiiilled it & p came with so much anger in his verse, classic.

And P had everybody on his team eating. Did they blow their cash, well that's another story, but it wasn't a Cash Money situation over there.

P changed the game with how much money he brought in. Dat distribution deal. :nthat:

this was easily my favorite rap label of all time, had me spending at least 40% of my check on no limit clothing, had a tank charm with a turkish chain, & purchasing albums every week, even silkk the shocker used to do his thing ..talib kweli ain't nothing but a conscious rapping silkk the shocker, same rap patterns & filling all those syllables in a few bars, lol.

The silk x Trina collab might be the absolute worst song lyrically while actually trying in history

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom