2 ex-Google guys secure venture capital, re-invent vending machines

How many of these family owned Bodegas y'all are crying about saving actually employ people from and reinvest into the community?

uhh pretty much everyone i ever shopped at...you do know Bodega is Spanish NYC corner store lexicon right?

Funny that this is the reaction people have to it. It'll be like any other vending machine - there is no groundbreaking difference. This is why a lot of startups fail. To be honest I wish this is eventually what happens though. We automate so much of this sort of stuff that there are no actual jobs like this left. And (this is where my idea falls apart), instead of everyone trying to get more we go toward a life of leisure where we read books, spend time outdoors, become artistic again etc. We've lost a lot of our humanity to the endless drone of working 8-12 hours a day. Seems like people can't handle the thought of that freedom though.

if UBI was even a consideration, then maybe we could talk about this society of human indulgence you speak of. I can dig it.

...but nah. the way this is set up, some people will be fine and lots won't.

They trying to take away from that Yemen money. For those that dont know, Yemens run all the bodegas coast to coast from oakland to nyc all a network of Yemen folks, thats why Prince Naseem Hamed mt fav boxer of all time still got income after retiring from boxing like 15 years now.

Dude. You are the biggest pocket watcher of all-time. You know something about e wet ones finances. Sheesh.

uhh pretty much everyone i ever shopped at...you do know Bodega is Spanish NYC corner store lexicon right?

You have never lived anywhere outside of a certain metropolitan area.

This is being launched in LA and in a vast majority of urban communities this isn't the case.

You have never lived anywhere outside of a certain metropolitan area.

This is being launched in LA and in a vast majority of urban communities this isn't the case.

i live in NYC, da source material their trying to emulate and render obsolete..guess what they're not gonna do? capture folks who don't dabble in credit cards, primos from up da block ain't gonna ask for credit card information for a pastrami, 2 loosies, and a vanilla dutch.

i live in NYC, da source material their trying to emulate and render obsolete..guess what they're not gonna do? capture folks who don't dabble in credit cards, primos from up da block ain't gonna ask for credit card information for a pastrami, 2 loosies, and a vanilla dutch.

Read the article

These are going in offices, dorms and yuppie apartments.

What you just described ain't the target demo

Read the article

didn't you read what they wanna make a thing of da past?

what you indicating is on practice who's actually gonna pay mind to this simulacrum of a business model.

Read the article

They obviously have to start somewhere. They eventually want to make the corner store obsolete.

“Eventually, centralized shopping locations won’t be necessary, because there will be 100,000 Bodegas spread out, with one always 100 feet away from you.”

:nerd: SAME EXACT THING :nerd:

What stops people from just going in without checking in... and just walking out? Invisible shield?

If you forget your phone or your phone dies? What's poppin?

"Aye sir, lemme borrow ur fone... gotta login my account right quick! BOONK GANG WHOLE LOTTA GANG ****"

Last edited:
didn't you read what they wanna make a thing of da past?

what you indicating is on practice who's actually gonna pay mind to this simulacrum of a business model.

Every new business wants to take over the marker and render the competition obsolete.

Wal-Mart planned to make hardware stores and local supermarkets obsolete too.

:nerd: SAME EXACT THING :nerd:

Amazon can catch this animadversion too. until we figure out a way to feed the people who the workforce won't need anymore, we need to keep the workforce.

these small businesses that set up shop in the hood are usually ran by some frauds anyway. at least a walmart would provide some jobs.

again, if that's your complaint, I totally understand...but then, it's better to either funnel your support to businesses who do engage in the community or gather up a group and start one yourself than roll over and accept 60 new minimum wage part time jobs at your city's 8th Walmart.

using an app to pay for it? that sounds very inconvenient, especially if you dont have yours on you...

The real crux of the company is the learning technology and the ability to cater to distinct markets with distinct needs. My assumption is they are really attempting to be bought out by a big player as opposed to implementing this everywhere.

Also, I fully support wherever shorty on the left is shopping at.

s-2-an-ex-googler-wants-to-replace-mom-and-pop-stores-with-unmanned-pantries-813x457-jpg.1974824

Attachments

• s-2-an-ex-googler-wants-to-replace-mom-and-pop-stores-with-unmanned-pantries-813x457.jpg
    s-2-an-ex-googler-wants-to-replace-mom-and-pop-stores-with-unmanned-pantries-813x457.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 142
The real crux of the company is the learning technology and the ability to cater to distinct markets with distinct needs. My assumption is they are really attempting to be bought out by a big player as opposed to implementing this everywhere.

Also, I fully support wherever shorty on the left is shopping at.

s-2-an-ex-googler-wants-to-replace-mom-and-pop-stores-with-unmanned-pantries-813x457-jpg.1974824

Short on the left????

Strong screen name to post....

Horrible taste.

Back
Top Bottom