20 yo won the mega millions jackpot

I'd take the annuinity so I can have peace of mind of having a greater chance of not being murdered

there's absolutely no reason not to.

especially if im taking in ~ 19-20 mil a year for 30 years... someone tell me what cant you buy having a annuity? :nerd: thread revealing who's not used to having money :lol:

The only ways I could see annuity being the superior option would be the following:

1. You're straight-up horrible with money management (could be indicative by the fact that you're playing lotto [presumably] on a regular basis).
2. You're not financially savvy and have no desire to become so (different from point 1)
3. You're a lazy/complacent person and you just want to sit around collecting checks for the remainder of your useless existence.

I don't expect someone like myself to be speaking for everyone else, but if I was to win a massive sum of money I wouldn't rest on my laurels and rot away. That would be my ticket to getting serious about investing wisely, educating myself/obtaining degrees out of sheer curiosity and desire to learn, and delving into business ventures that interest me.

The only ways I could see annuity being the superior option would be the following:

1. You're straight-up horrible with money management (could be indicative by the fact that you're playing lotto [presumably] on a regular basis).
2. You're not financially savvy and have no desire to become so (different from point 1)
3. You're a lazy/complacent person and you just want to sit around collecting checks for the remainder of your useless existence.

I don't expect someone like myself to be speaking for everyone else, but if I was to win a massive sum of money I wouldn't rest on my laurels and rot away. That would be my ticket to getting serious about investing wisely, educating myself/obtaining degrees out of sheer curiosity and desire to learn, and delving into business ventures that interest me.

and you can't do everything you said you wanna do on 20 million a year for da next 30 years? :lol:

that's like having instantly inheriting Alex Rodríguez's life...

asinine aint strong enough of a word to describe it.

Damn 17 million a year if you go the annuity route and adjusts to inflation.

Sounds good

its no brainier, only thirst buckets with a death wish would take a lump sum and leave that much money on da table.

if im old im leaving it to my kids (you CAN do that with da power ball).

its all about cruise control over a lonnnng period of time.

It's different strokes for different folks. In this kid's case, he could turn that into a half billion or more if played right. Some others don't need to have the lump and can live comfortably knowing the money is there.

Me personally, I want it all on the spot. I'd stow away half and live off the interest. The other half I'd use for family, friends and new money spending.

Question is... How many of yall would quit your jobs?

I know my pops always says hell quit if he wins but hes in his 60s so thats a different scenario.

I know my pops always says hell quit if he wins but hes in his 60s so thats a different scenario.

Walking in there, throwing papers in the air. Walk out.

I know exactly what I want to do if I have that $$$.

Quit job --> fake my death --> disappear for 10 years --> re-emerge as Count of Monte Cristo

I know exactly what I want to do if I have that $$$.

Quit job --> fake my death --> disappear for 10 years --> re-emerge as Count of Monte Cristo

:lol: makes me think of that John Grisham book "The Partner"

Minus the stealing money from the company part

If I could possibly stay in my area (which is unlikely)

I would quit my analyst job and teach full time. Work for 9 months, donate my salary, and have most of summer and a month in winter to chill.

I was called crazy to some folks when I said that I would still keep working. Granted, I wouldn't wait until I was really old to retire with that much coin in my possession. Everyone makes it sound so easy saying that they wouldn't blow their winnings foolishly. It's one thing to think what you would do with your money and another when that fantasy actually becomes a reality. Free time and a lot money is the last situation you want to put yourself in. I'd keep working until I know I have a solid plan and that plan is actually put into motion.

I would buy my momma a house and spend the rest on PCP

tumblr_mywln1kRqR1sq4aoao1_500.png

**** investing it we gonna ball out like a mofo straight from the mud to mansions gold toilets 100s to wipe my *** butt *** naked *****es everywhere mountains of coke and tree

At 20 years old with the people surrounding me back then, I’d lose every cent of it.

I hope he’s careful.

Another point is that I believe you get taxed twice if you take the lump sum and then use it to invest. Annuity option makes more and more sense the longer I think about it.

How can the lottery get away with advertising this big jackpot amount but then come up with some smaller figure for the lump sum? It's like they don't have that money to begin with. Straight scam.

**** investing it we gonna ball out like a mofo straight from the mud to mansions gold toilets 100s to wipe my *** butt *** naked *****es everywhere mountains of coke and tree

Then one day you wake up to the bank taking your crib and stuff, those butt *** naked *****es putting their clothes back on and leaving while you sitting there with a headache and a nose bleed. Dude from the bank telling you to bounce and stop getting blood on their floor.

Back
Top Bottom