20 yo won the mega millions jackpot

We're talking hypothetically but it has happened, several times. From murdered in home invasion robberies in front of your g/f and kids befor Christmas, to poisoned the day it's discovered you won, to mysterious disappearances.

I'd let my parents cash the ticket in. Old people always win and nobody messes with them or like dude said explore creating an LLC and the LLC collecting the winnings. Hell, take that 177 and go to the Bitcoin thread and 6x and be a Billionaire with a B, then buy an NBA team

https://www.ranker.com/list/lottery-winners-tragic-deaths/derrick920

Everyone comes out of the woodwork too. ****, i won 10k on a 5$ scratcher down in VA and when i went into the 7-11 i bought it at the next day and told the cashier he tried to hit me up for a $100. :lol:

The hell do yall plan on doing with THAT many monies?

Throw that thang in a Capitol One account, get some thousands worth of interest every month and just relax.

Finally. Always seems like 40-70 year olds win.

I don't see how people go bankrupt. Put one mil aside that you can't touch for 10-20 years and the interest alone would be enough of a backup plan.

Most lottery players and gamblers are inherently messed up in the brain though. Truly addicts. I still wonder how the lottery is even legal.

Honestly if I won that much. You prob would never know. I’d have a few american whips, nothing insane like lambo, rarri, etc etc

If I win, I’m chilling without worries since I would never draw attention to myself

If I win, I’m chilling without worries since I would never draw attention to myself

Until your name gets released to the public, and then:
- They physically harm/sabotage your family members
- Letters come in full of sob stories asking for $$$
- People stalk/follow you

No. He could've claimed it anonymously. Hire a lawyer, set up an LLC, have them do all the work and stay out of the light.

exactly, im not leaving that much money on da table cuz other folks wanna be thirsty :lol:

ill take 30 years of even payments and live secure.

You never had it to leave on the table though. :lol:

I’m not trying to be out here trying to figure out a budget for a entire year and it’s still taxed.

The minimal risk route(drawing interest from saving and cds etc) would take a lot discipline. If you were to tie up 5mill in CDs at 1.25 apy(which is pretty good), you’d get about 63k a year from it. You’d have to pretty much set it and forget it. Use it for a safety net at best.

Cats saying take the annuity don't understand the time value of money yo :lol:

Does it HAVE to be announced to the public? I wouldn't want a soul to know

Required by law in some states.

I think in MD (could be wrong), you have the option to keep it a secret.

You can come out there in a ski mask and with the big check too if you want :lol:
Not sure the rules for other states but after taxes you have to fork over a certain percentage of the remaining balance to keep your name from being released to the public in MD. Politics as Usual

Last edited:
Lump sum always. Tomorrow ain't promised.

tomorrow ain't promised with that money regardless.

New York: 8.82% State Tax† - $147,000
- $2,769,480
Your average net per year: $1,103,000 Your net payout: $20,780,520
After 30 payments: $33,090,000

Annuity Payment Schedule

if u can't ball out wit that you deserve to lose it All.

Or you can just be smart and invest and let your money make money or just put it in a trust.

Back
Top Bottom