Are these legit?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

You

Ladies and Gents,

I'm looking at a used pair of BC3s and would like your honest opinion on if they are legit. Also, what's a good price for these? It's clear the midsoles were repainted as well.

Legit

Paint job is horrendous though and definitely lowers the price as a result. Also makes them harder to value, but I've seen pairs in similar condition (unpainted) around the $150-200 mark. Personally I think even that's too high, but as usual it's that hallowed Nike Air stamp which garners the higher prices.

Air units are really fogged up and it's a 13 year old shoe, so needless to say they aren't wearable, at least not to any decent extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: You

Legit

Paint job is horrendous though and definitely lowers the price as a result. Also makes them harder to value, but I've seen pairs in similar condition (unpainted) around the $150-200 mark. Personally I think even that's too high, but as usual it's that hallowed Nike Air stamp which garners the higher prices.

Air units are really fogged up and it's a 13 year old shoe, so needless to say they aren't wearable, at least not to any decent extent.
I appreciate your response. Right now they're going for $250. I was considering getting some paint remover on the gray but I really want to wear these. If they're not wearable I will definitely pass.

These are legit, but i think that you pass on them especially for that price. They will crumble as soon as you try to wear them and they aren't worth more than 150

Reactions: You
IMO I would want a better condition if not DS pair of these since they won't be worn and just collected until they crumble.

IMO I would want a better condition if not DS pair of these since they won't be worn and just collected until they crumble.
Man I see your sig says to wear your shoes. I definitely planned on wearing these but for me there's no sense in copping a pair if I can't actually walk around in them.

If you're really looking into wearing these I suggest sole swapping. You could pull off wearing this particular pair since these aren't DS but not for long. Just don't do any crazy walking in them. IMO the retros before 2001 should be for collecting. They're just way too aged to be used for casual wear. Some people have gotten away with wearing them all the time but I'd rather be safe than sorry walking in crumbs..

2001 Black cement 3s are wearable. I've unds'd a pair around 2 years ago and they held up perfect. If you store them correctly, you shouldn't have a problem.

Fogged up air units are an inaccurate gauge of the shoes wearability. I've been regularly wearing a 2000 retro pair of fire red 5s over the last 4 years which have held up perfect as well. And the air units are completely foggy.

I also regularly wear 1994 shadow Xs.  If you want to wear older shoes, store them in an ideal environment. Of course there are shoes that are almost guaranteed to be unwearable such as Original Jordan VIIIs, for example.

My regular rotation consists of shoes that are ten years of age and older. They were all stored properly. As a result, they are all wearable.

Source: Owner of 2001 black cement 3s and wear them regularly.

Last edited:
That's interesting. I stored mine in a similar manner, in their original box. I still continue to wear mine regularly. Were you the original owner?

That's interesting. I stored mine in a similar manner, in their original box. I still continue to wear mine regularly. Were you the original owner?
No, I bought them vnds a couple years ago. The air bubbles were very foggy and they started to crack on the inner midsole

I've got a pair of beat up size 11.5 CDP 3s I could sole swap with. Still it doesn't sound like the price is right with this one. Plus swapping sounds difficult and risky....and no more Nike on the bottoms
frown.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom