2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Did anyone get a chance to see the new P4P rankings on ESPN? I skimmed over the list yesterday but it was a Free Insider Preview.

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
dot_clear.gif
[/td] [td]ROACH SAYS: MAYWEATHER, HATTON POSSIBLE PACMAN FOES[/td] [td]Dec 12, '07 1:01 AM
for everyone[/td] [/tr][/table]

by: dennis PRINCIPE

APART from Oscar Dela Hoya, add Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. in the mix when it comes to possible future foes for Manny Pacquiao.

In an interview with the daily morning Philippine radio program "Sports Chat" last Tuesday, American trainer Freddie Roach said Hatton is being mentioned by Golden Boy Promotions as a potential opponent for Pacquiao.

"They're talking about Manny Pacquiao as future opponent for somebody like Ricky Hatton down the line," said Roach.

http://sportschat.multiply.com/photos/hi-res/upload/R194LAoKCDMAAEt19hI1Pacquiao, who will be celebrating his 29[sup]th[/sup] birthday on the 17[sup]th[/sup], is set to challenge bitter Mexican rival Juan Manuel Marquez, the World Boxing Council (WBC) super featherweight champion, on March 15 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Roach said these developments make the Marquez fight very crucial for Pacquiao, especially if Hatton decides to return to his natural weight at 140.

Roach said a Dela Hoya-Pacquiao fight, which has been talked about the past couple of weeks, looks unfeasible for the hall-of-fame trainer.

I don't believe Oscar can go down to 147. I'm not that sure if that will work out. But against Ricky Hatton who's maybe just as popular in his home country, it will be a huge fight for everybody," added Roach. "That makes the Marquez fight that much more important for Manny."

In the same interview, Roach laid out his initial training plans for Pacquiao in preparation for the Marquez fight.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Mayweather comes down to 140 we could have another mega fight

Manny Pacman vs. Money Mayweather
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pacquiao vs money mayweather would be a bestter fight than cotto williams mosley margarito and cintron combined

Originally Posted by cacz0rz

pacquiao vs money mayweather would be a bestter fight than cotto williams mosley margarito and cintron combined
L.....M.....A.....O

Now, im no boxing aficionado.....But I know for a fact that Floyd will break Pacman up.....He will beat the @$+! outta that boy...

Lets see how he does with Hatton first (if it happens)

Originally Posted by Proshares

Did anyone get a chance to see the new P4P rankings on ESPN? I skimmed over the list yesterday but it was a Free Insider Preview.

[h1]Mayweather head of pound-for-pound class[/h1]

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: December 12, 2007

Who is the world's best fighter, regardless of weight class? See my top 20 below.

Make sure to check back tomorrow for my division-by-division rankings.

For a list of the current champions in all weight classes, clickhere.

The rankings are updated the second Wednesday of each month.

Note: Results through Dec. 12.
[table][tr][th=""]
TOP 10​
[/th] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_a_mayweather_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (39-0, 25 KOs)

Welterweight champion
Hits: The promotion for Mayweather's fight with Ricky Hatton and the fight itself were boxing at its best and most fun. And it showed the sport is capable of producing a major event without one of the combatants being named Oscar De La Hoya. Kudos to Mayweather for a tremendous performance that capped off one of the best years boxing has had in a long, long time.
Misses: The only downside is that Mayweather, at the peak of his game, probably will take an extended break after knocking out Hatton in the 10th round. He might fight only once next year or not at all. That would be a shame, especially when there are quality opponents for him to fight and earn huge purses against, such as Miguel Cotto.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_g_calzaghe_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
2. Joe Calzaghe (44-0, 32 KOs)

Super middleweight champion
Hits: While in Las Vegas for the Mayweather-Hatton fight, Calzaghe and Bernard Hopkins jawed at each other and began hyping a fight that isn't even signed yet. Just imagine how good that promotion will be, especially if HBO goes all out and gives us a "Hopkins/Calzaghe 24/7" series. With Hopkins' and Calzaghe's personalities, the series is a no-brainer for that fight.
Misses: If the fight with Hopkins doesn't come off, everyone will share the blame, but it ultimately will rest on Calzaghe. He needs to look promoter Frank Warren dead in the eye and tell him to make the fight. Period.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_ap_pacquiao_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
3. Manny Pacquiao (45-3-2, 34 KOs)

Junior lightweight
Hits: The Filipino idol has become the modern-day Mexican assassin. He has beaten a Mexican fighter in seven consecutive bouts and hopes to rack up No. 8 when he finally faces Juan Manuel Marquez in a highly anticipated rematch of their bruising 2004 draw.
Misses: Although he floored Marquez three times in the first round of their first fight, many believed Pacquiao deserved a loss, rather than the draw.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_g_hokins3_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
4. Bernard Hopkins (48-4-1, 32 KOs)

Light heavyweight champion
Hits: Ever the consummate promoter, Hopkins didn't let pass the opportunity to start the drum beat for a fight with Calzaghe and got in his face at the Mayweather-Hatton weigh in. It energized fight fans, particularly the Brits, and raised the excitement level for the fight.
Misses: Hopkins was dead wrong for dragging ugly racial insults into his remarks about the potential fight with Calzaghe. The fight isn't about skin color; it's about who's best. Hopkins better not go down that road again.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_marquez_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
5. Juan Manuel Marquez (48-3-1, 35 KOs)

Junior lightweight champion
Hits: Since the moment his epic draw with Pacquiao ended on May 8, 2004, we begged for a rematch. Finally, we got it. They are set to throw down March 15. It figures to be another classic.
Misses: You just hope that after a four-year wait for the rematch, it's not too late for Marquez. He's 34 now, old for his weight class. Although he's looked very good in recent fights, it's always possible that a fighter his age can get old overnight.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_cotto_weighin_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
6. Miguel Cotto (31-0, 25 KOs)

Welterweight titlist
Hits: If either Mayweather and De La Hoya truly wants to make a point in his next fight, the Puerto Rican star is ready, willing and able to fight either of them. He and promoter Bob Arum would love either fight and so would boxing fans everywhere. If those matches don't happen, it won't be the Cotto side's fault.
Misses: Despite Cotto's incredibly exciting style, big power and obvious ability, he still hasn't become all that popular outside of Puerto Rico and hardcore boxing fans -- but give it time.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
a_wright_m.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
7. Winky Wright (51-4-1, 25 KOs)

Middleweight
Hits: Besides Wright (and maybe Mayweather), how many active fighters can stand right in front of their opponent and evade punches by simply moving their head and shoulders? It's one of Wright's most impressive skills, and it has served him well.
Misses: Calzaghe's camp was in touch with Wright's camp about setting up a fight, but, according to a Calzaghe camp insider, Wright asked for a preposterous $6 million. Seems like Wright priced himself out of another big fight, just as he did when he was offered a rematch against Jermain Taylor.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_g_vasquez_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
8. Israel Vazquez (42-4, 32 KOs)

Junior featherweight champion
Hits: After years of struggling for an identity and stardom, he finally achieved it this year with two memorable fights against Rafael Marquez. And lucky for all of us, the rubber match is scheduled for March 1.
Misses: As tremendous as the two fights with Marquez were, both were poorly promoted and drew lackluster crowds. Vazquez and Marquez deserve better.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_marquez_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
9. Rafael Marquez (37-4, 33 KOs)

Junior featherweight
Hits: Despite being stopped by Vazquez in the sixth round of their sensational rematch in August, Marquez is going right back into a third fight in an attempt to regain the title. After the punishment he took in that first rematch, you couldn't have blamed him if he wanted a softer touch before going for a trilogy.
Misses: He's slated to face Vazquez on March 1 on Showtime, while older brother Juan Manuel Marquez is slated for a higher-profile rematch with Manny Pacquiao on March 15 on HBO PPV. Hopefully, the intense hype surrounding Marquez-Pacquiao II won't overshadow the build up to Vazquez-Marquez III.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
box_g_pavlik3_65.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
10. Kelly Pavlik (32-0, 29 KOs)

Middleweight champion
Hits: The exciting young champion -- he's only 25 -- has faced tremendous competition over the past year with knockout victories against Jermain Taylor, Edison Miranda and Jose Luis Zertuche, making Pavlik a legitimate candidate for fighter of the year. And instead of resting on his laurels, Pavlik will rightfully fulfill his contract by giving Taylor an immediate rematch in a fight that figures to be as explosive as the first one.
Misses: Come on, what's the deal with his hand injury? Did he need 108 stitches or 14? It depends on whom you ask. Obviously, somebody either is misinformed or isn't telling the truth.

The next 10

11. Juan Diaz
12. Shane Mosley
13. Oscar De La Hoya
14. Ricky Hatton
15. Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon
16. Jermain Taylor
17. Chris John
18. Cory Spinks
19. Paul Williams
20. Antonio Margarito [/td] [/tr][/table]
And Pacquiao gets by destroyed by Hatton, Mayweather & De La Hoya. He also loses to Katsidis, Juan Diaz, and Nate Campbell at lightweight.

Originally Posted by kicks4days

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
dot_clear.gif
[/td] [td]ROACH SAYS: MAYWEATHER, HATTON POSSIBLE PACMAN FOES[/td] [td]Dec 12, '07 1:01 AM
for everyone[/td] [/tr][/table]

by: dennis PRINCIPE

APART from Oscar Dela Hoya, add Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. in the mix when it comes to possible future foes for Manny Pacquiao.

In an interview with the daily morning Philippine radio program "Sports Chat" last Tuesday, American trainer Freddie Roach said Hatton is being mentioned by Golden Boy Promotions as a potential opponent for Pacquiao.

"They're talking about Manny Pacquiao as future opponent for somebody like Ricky Hatton down the line," said Roach.

http://sportschat.multiply.com/photos/hi-res/upload/R194LAoKCDMAAEt19hI1Pacquiao, who will be celebrating his 29[sup]th[/sup] birthday on the 17[sup]th[/sup], is set to challenge bitter Mexican rival Juan Manuel Marquez, the World Boxing Council (WBC) super featherweight champion, on March 15 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Roach said these developments make the Marquez fight very crucial for Pacquiao, especially if Hatton decides to return to his natural weight at 140.

Roach said a Dela Hoya-Pacquiao fight, which has been talked about the past couple of weeks, looks unfeasible for the hall-of-fame trainer.

I don't believe Oscar can go down to 147. I'm not that sure if that will work out. But against Ricky Hatton who's maybe just as popular in his home country, it will be a huge fight for everybody," added Roach. "That makes the Marquez fight that much more important for Manny."

In the same interview, Roach laid out his initial training plans for Pacquiao in preparation for the Marquez fight.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Mayweather comes down to 140 we could have another mega fight

Manny Pacman vs. Money Mayweather
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Never happen.

Maybe, Hatton vs Pacquaio

And Pacquiao gets by destroyed by Hatton, Mayweather & De La Hoya. He also loses to Katsidis, Juan Diaz, and Nate Campbell at lightweight.
Amo, just broke a lot hearts on NT with that comment

laugh.gif

i mean wat can he do at 140? u got dudes like vivian harris like 5'11....its almost laughable

140 seems like something to do at the end of your peek for 1 big money fight and go back running to 135 or 130

as for those rankings , they never took j.taylor seriously in those p4p rankings but 1 lose is not desrving of the place he's in thats foul

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Amo, just broke a lot hearts on NT with that comment

laugh.gif

Hey, as you guys should know by now, i just call it how i see it. If i think a guy is overrated or has no chance, i say as much. No hate involved, just thatfrom what i've seen and what i know, thats how i think it'll play out.

I just think that at 135 Manny will be an above-average puncher at best, with an average chin, and little to no boxing skills. He hasn't exactly beenblowing guys away at 130. He has 4 KO's in 7 fights at 130. Not a bad rate by any means, but not exactly a great sign that he'll be able to bang withguys another weight division up. Also, 2 of those 4 KO's were against Erik Morales, and Morales looked absolutely terrible the 2nd time he got KO'd.Also, the other 2 guys he KO'd aren't even real super-featherweights. Both Jorge Solis and Hector Velazquez moved back down after getting knocked outby Pacquiao.

Let me break down's manny's power by weight-class
130: 6 Wins, 4 KO's, avg. round fight ends 8.5
126: 3 Wins, 3 KO's, avg. round fight ends 6.6
122: 10 Wins, 10 KO's, avg. round fight ends 4.0

Manny's victories have taken longer to get as he's gone up, and at 130 he's actually running into guys he can't get rid of at all, where at 126and 122 that was not a problem. Again, not trying to hate on Manny, but i just don't think his power will carry enough at 135 to make up for his defensiveshortcomings, his inability to box, and his average chin which will only look worse against the bigger punchers at 135.

I think the area Jermain is in isn't too bad, but Hatton being above him is absolutely ridiculous. Jermain looked MUCH better in his loss to Pavlik thanHatton did against Mayweather, and Jermain's wins are WAY better than Hatton's. The two Hopkins victories are better than the Kostya Tszyu fight, andthe WInky draw, and even the Spinks and Ouma wins are better quality opponents than anything else Hatton has done. And why the hell is De La Hoya still upthere? he's 2-3 in his last 5 fights, those last 5 are stretched out over 5 years, and the 2 wins are a VERY iffy decision against Felix Sturm, and ablowout of the human punching bag Ricardo Mayorga. Thats top 13 P4P? How?

Anyone else believe Manny Pacquiao is overrated? He won't be very good if he moves up in weight and fights the baby bull Juan Diaz and i think if he goesup to 140 he will get KNOCKED OUT in any fight he is overrated for beating up 2 old fighters in Barrera and Morales and he didn't win IMO vs Juan ManuelMarquez but the rematch Marquez will win for sure he knows how to beat Pacquiao.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. solidified his place atop the Yahoo! Sports boxing rankings with his 10th-round stoppage of Ricky Hatton on Saturday.

It did not, though, come without a price. Mayweather said Thursday that he was in great pain throughout his training camp and that he needs a long rest to allow back, elbow and hand injuries to heal.

Mayweather said Thursday by telephone from New York, where he was taping a segment for HBO's rebroadcast of his fight with Hatton, that he injured his elbow during sparring with Carlos Baldomir.

He further added that his upper back was hurting, which limited his mobility.

ADVERTISEMENT
"Boxing has taken one hell of a toll on me and my body is breaking down now," the 30-year-old Mayweather said, five days after his 39th professional fight. "I'm not the same now as when I was younger. My body is telling me the time is getting close when I can't do this any more."

He said he needs a long vacation and wouldn't commit to fighting again at all. While he stopped short of saying he's going to retire, he said he won't fight unless his body feels better than it does now.

He praised his most logical next potential opponent, WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, but wouldn't commit to facing the Puerto Rican star at some point.

"I don't have to beat anyone to prove anything about my skills and my talents, because my credentials speak for themselves," Mayweather said. "Cotto is a good, young fighter; a good, young champion. I have nothing negative to say about him. He has had some nice wins. There are a lot of good, young fighters out there. He's definitely one of them, maybe one of the best."

Mayweather said he had the television turned down in his locker room before the fight and said he wasn't aware the largely British crowd was so resoundingly booing the U.S. national anthem.

A member of the 1996 U.S. Olympic team, Mayweather said he could hear the crowd booing but wasn't sure what it was about. When he learned of it after the fight, he said he was upset.

"It brought tears to my eyes," he said. "I was on the Olympics. I represented my country. This victory, more than any other I've had, I fought for my country. I had my country on my back. I was respectful toward Ricky Hatton and all of his fans, but that was totally disrespectful to this country. I'm pretty sure Ricky Hatton would tell you that was wrong, too. It bothers me they did that."

The top seven spots in the rankings remained as they were in November. Hatton dropped out and the fighters who were below him moved up a notch.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Record: 39-0 (25 KOs)
Title: WBC welterweight champion
Last outing: Stopped Ricky Hatton in the 10th on Dec. 8
Last month's ranking: 1
Up next: Nothing scheduled
Analysis: Clearly the most complete and most gifted fighter in the world

2. Manny Pacquiao

Record: 45-3-2 (35 KOs)
Title: None
Last outing: Won a unanimous decision over Marco Antonio Barrera on Oct. 6
Last month's ranking: 2
Up next: Fights No. 6 Juan Manuel Marquez on March 15 in Las Vegas
Analysis: Continues to face top opposition

3. Joe Calzaghe

Record: 44-0 (32 KOs)
Title: WBA, WBC, WBO super middleweight champion
Last outing: Won unanimous decision over Mikkel Kessler on Nov. 3
Last month's ranking: 3
Up next: Negotiating for spring bout with No. 5 Bernard Hopkins
Analysis: A win over Hopkins would greatly raise his profile among American fans.

4. Miguel Cotto

Record: 31-0 (25 KOs)
Title: WBA welterweight champion
Last outing: Won unanimous decision over Shane Mosley on Nov. 10
Last month's ranking: 4
Analysis: Fans are beginning to clamor for a 2008 match with Mayweather

5. Juan Manuel Marquez

Record: 48-3-1 (35 KOs)
Title: WBC super featherweight champion
Last outing: Won unanimous decision over Rocky Juarez on Nov. 3
Last month's ranking: 6
Up next: Faces No. 2 Manny Pacquiao on March 15 in Las Vegas
Analysis: Vastly underrated boxer

6. Bernard Hopkins

Record: 48-4 (32 KOs)
Title: Light heavyweight champion
Last outing: Won unanimous decision over No. 10 Winky Wright on July 21
Last month's ranking: 5
Up next: Negotiating for spring bout with No. 3 Joe Calzaghe
Analysis: Could move into third-spot with win over Calzaghe

7. Israel Vazquez

Record: 42-4 (31 KOs)
Title: WBC super bantamweight champion
Last outing: Stopped Rafael Marquez in probable Fight of the Year on Aug. 5 in Hidalgo, Texas
Last month's ranking: 7
Up next: Fights rubber match with Marquez on March 1
Analysis: The best of the lower weight fighters (under 126)

8. Kelly Pavlik

Record: 32-0 (29 KOs)
Title: WBC, WBO middleweight champion
Last outing: Won middleweight title with seventh-round TKO of Jermain Taylor on Sept. 29
Last month's ranking: 9
Up next: Rematch with Taylor on Feb. 16 in Las Vegas
Analysis: Hardest puncher in the top 10

9. Juan Diaz

Record: 33-0 (17 KOs)
Title: IBF, WBA, WBO lightweight champion
Last outing: Unified belts with ninth-round TKO of Julio Diaz on Oct. 13
Last month's ranking: T10
Up next: Considering bout with mandatory challenger Michael Katsidis
Analysis: Volume puncher always delivers an exciting show

10. Winky Wright

Record: 51-4-1 (25 KOs)
Title: None
Last outing: Lost unanimous decision to No. 5 Bernard Hopkins on July 21
Last month's ranking: T10
Analysis: Waiting in the wings if negotiations for a Hopkins-Calzaghe fizzle

Others receiving votes: Ricky Hatton, 17; Ivan Calderon, 14; Rafael Marquez, 13; Wladimir Klitschko, 12; Paul Williams, 11; Chad Dawson, 6; Chris John, 5; Cristian Mijares, 5; Shane Mosley, 3; Mikkel Kessler, 2; Jermain Taylor, 2.

Kevin Iole rankings.

Originally Posted by Air 23 AJ

Anyone else believe Manny Pacquiao is overrated? He won't be very good if he moves up in weight and fights the baby bull Juan Diaz and i think if he goes up to 140 he will get KNOCKED OUT in any fight he is overrated for beating up 2 old fighters in Barrera and Morales and he didn't win IMO vs Juan Manuel Marquez but the rematch Marquez will win for sure he knows how to beat Pacquiao.
your not alone, im going to ask my die hards in here GUNNA,stringer and AMO why the hell does manny keep getting all this hype like he is good. dudeant that nice IMO and if he moves up in weight to fight anyone good he is going to get beat down

^dude is a warrior in the ring , fans eat it up with no real knowledge of his poor fundamentals and declining power at whatever weight class not in the120's

BREAKING NEWS: DIAZ-KATSIDIS FIGHT IS A NO GO

By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2007

GUADALAJARA, MEXICO -- Topnotch matchmaker Sampson Lewkowicz said that the highly anticipated fight between world champion Juan Diaz Of Mexico and Michael Katsidis of Australia scheduled on February 9 next year in the United States wouldn't push through.

"Someone botched during the negotiation and purse bidding so we ended up with no fight," Lewkowicz, who is in Guadalajara for the Solis-Batawang fight, told PhilBoxing.com.

Earlier, Golden Boy Promotions has earned the right to promote the Diaz-Katsidis fight by winning the purse bidding of the fight for 1.5 million dollars. The agreement calls for 1.2 million dollars going to Diaz and 300,000 dollars to Katsidis. It was also reported that both Katsidis and Diaz have already signed the contract. Don King Promotions, who holds Diaz's promotional right for one more fight, and any other promoter did not participate in the bidding.

The catch however is that Don King Promotions, who promotes Juan Diaz and who has one last fight for Diaz until March next year has a fine print in his contract with Diaz that states that "DKP (Don King Promotions) has the exclusive right to promote the last bout of Juan Diaz." The 'exclusivity' phrase pretty much negate any agreement entered into by Juan Diaz with any other promoter for his next fight.

Asked whose fault was it, Lewkowicz would say that "Willie Savannah, Diaz's manager, had a copy of the contract with him all the time but apparently failed to review it. Now, I've got a copy of the contract and I would say it's a no go."

Would it still be possible for the fight to push through if Don King would be involved? "Well, money talks. But at this time I highly doubt if the fight would ever materialize," Lewkowicz concluded.

Amo, Im pretty sure thats Hopkins vs Trinidad?

I like Manny to beat Juan Diaz, I am not a fan of the volume punching Diaz. I think Pacman can get him outta there

Sorry Gunna but Manny gets stopped in there with Diaz and it the volume punching that make the difference , Remember all the trouble that Manny had withAgapito Sanchez it will be the same thing but way less dirty . Manny really isnt that good going backwards and against diaz he will have no choice against abigger stronger guy

On top of that Manny will not be able to hurt Juan. Hell, Acelino Freitas couldn't hurt Juan, and Freitas' power at 130 would make Manny look like CorySpinks.

Anyone else believe Manny Pacquiao is overrated? He won't be very good if he moves up in weight and fights the baby bull Juan Diaz and i think if he goes up to 140 he will get KNOCKED OUT in any fight he is overrated for beating up 2 old fighters in Barrera and Morales and he didn't win IMO vs Juan Manuel Marquez but the rematch Marquez will win for sure he knows how to beat Pacquiao.

Who is in his weight class that should be rated higher? Hes coming from light flyweight all the way to super featherweight. He destroyed MAB in 2003 TKO himfor the first time in his career. MAB was 29 years old so i dont know what you define as over the hill. Juan Diaz started at 144 he has come down to 135 itsnot like he started at flyweight and moved up. Manny will have trouble if he tries to fight with the Big Boys but i dont know about being "not verygood" or even knocked out.

I was thinking Hopkins-Trinidad, but i hadn't seen it in so long i forgot that Hopkins dropped him so viciously.

And i agree with kicks4days. Manny is not overrated at 130, he is a great 130 pounder. I just think at 135 he's not gonna be the p4p great dynamic fighterhe is right now. I think he may be a TAD overrated in p4p lists, but i still think he's the best 130 pounder out there right now.

I do think that he'll be knocked out by the big punchers at 135 and up. Manny has been knocked out in the past, and hurt by not so huge punchers at 130like Oscar Larios and Erik Morales.

kicks4days:Who is in his weight class that should be rated higher? Hes coming from light flyweight all the way to super featherweight. He destroyed MAB in 2003 TKO him for the first time in his career. MAB was 29 years old so i dont know what you define as over the hill.
Marco Antonio Barrera started his boxing career at the young age of 15 i believe and he has been boxing for 14years so Manny Pacquiao definitley beat a washed up Barrera at 29 years of age as well as Erik Morales they have both started boxing young and been in wars andit caught up to them. Manny was just up and coming and is in his prime right now but NO WAY is he in the top P4P RANKINGS.

Barrera went on to win another world title after he fought Pacquiao, so he certainly wasn't washed up. Morales wasn't totally washed up until the 3rdpacquiao fight. The 2nd one he had slipped a little, but he was still a very good fighter at that point.

I come out between you and kicks 4 days. I think Manny is a very good fighter and definitely the best at 130. However, i don't think he's one of thetop 5 p4p fighters, and i think he will be done at 135 and probably knocked out against the top guys.

Back
Top Bottom