2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

Quote:
Do they have any planning? Do they know what the hell they are doing? The fact that they like to make changes last minute pretty much means all the decision making is based on one person flipping and flopping. If it is a group decision, no way would things change at last minute.

F GENTRY, AND F RETRO+

This Gentry guy has absolutely NO IDEA what he's doing.

He has ALL the samples and originals,so he doesn't feel the frustration that most of us here feel.That makes him SELFISH to the way I see things here.If you know people want EXACT REPLICAS of originals and special memory releases,then why not go ALL OUT to blow everyone's mind ?

He has the power to pick what gets released.He's IGNORED his research and has proven to his constituates that the kids are at his beck and call,and will buy anything he decides to put out with enough HYPE on it.

Listen to my words :

He has NO IDEA what it feels like to desire a certain Air Jordan shoe.He just has it made when he feels like and keeps it for himself or gives it to his buddies.

I've saved a lot of money due to his retro+ LS crap he's been putting out BUT in a sense,I wish I hadn't - I wish things would've been different - a Parallel Universe perhaps.

Gentry will go down in history as the man who single-handedly cheapened the Air Jordan line,smugging it's prestine image with carelessness and ill-regard for the people's wishes.

One good thing is that he can't TARNISH Michael Jordan's image and what he meant to me as a youth growing up.The golden memories I have of REAL AUTHENTIC NIKE AIR JORDANS,in seeing the man play in his shoes and aspire to wear the very same was priceless to me.

Maybe better online stores will become available to get what has to be gotten.That stupid guy can't get it right,so to hell with him and waiting YEARS upon YEARS to see what I sought after as a kid.

maybe he has no idea and maybe he does BUT when you work for a huge company like JB,you must honor the people - or at least honor MJ.

gentry has truely run jb to the ground, since the retro 11s the retro game has taken over jb. their lack of a staple player (yes i do realize the have members on TEAM jordan, but theres no jordan) to promote their new designs has also hurt the company. because the recent shoes such as the 20s and 21 arent doing as well as the company would like, they are forced to saturate the market with 10 colorways of every retro they make. they total revenue may go up for a while, but to me, all the colors have completely killed many classic jordans.
i buy what i like...rockin the shoe and not the hype

As far as Jordan Brand's direction goes, I'd LIKE to see Jordan slow down on the retros. As some of you have already eluded to, the focus of Jordan Brand's attention should be on the PRESENT. This means the Air Jordan signature models and the JB Team models. These are the sneakers that make the retros possible, as someone said. The signature line is what made Jordan Brand successful and if designs, quality, and performance improve, will continue to do so.

More effort needs to be put into the signature shoes, not concocting ridiculous retro plus colorways and designing garbage like the Spike shoe.

Jordan Brand's problem is they have flooded the market with retros, essentially decreasing the value of the re-release of a shoe. They are destroying the value of their OWN product. Who's interested in-- or can afford-- 5+ different colorways of any Jordan model, regardless of it's popularity? Very few people, if any. So why make them in the first place?

If JB is going to release retro models, I'd like to see them slow down to at least the 1999-2000 level, with 1-3 models retroed per year. Anything else is just overkill.

Also, end the gimmicks-- aka. Spizzike (or whatever the hell it is called). R&D must know something I don't know because I wasn't aware there was a market for selling pieces of s&*#. (Excuse my french).

In terms of the Team line, JB should continue with what they are doing at the present time as it seems to be working well. The shoes are of good value and performace, and sell-- to my knowledge-- relatively well. If they want focus on this in the future, I have no problems with this, but if they do, work needs to be done on the design end, as some of the past models did not cut it in the looks deptartment.

Which brings me to... Carmelo. The 1.5 and 5.5 were not exactly the greatest shoes Jordan Brand has produced, but then again, I have seen a lot worse from this company. I'm glad to see they have abandoned the .5 travesty. Although JB cannot be faulted for Carmelo's at times lackluster performance on and off the court, they have yet to establish Anthony as "their guy." Rather than using recycled technology on Anthony's shoes, Jordan needs to start becoming more innovative with the Carmelo line-- if he is going to be the future face of the Jordan Brand as he has been touted. Treat Carmelo's shoes as a Jordan signature model. If they are not going to put more effort into his sneakers, I don't see this line lasting much longer.

I really hope Jordan Brand and Gentry can improve the Brand, it would be a shame to see Jordan end like this.
WANTED: Nike Dunk SB HULK size 12​

Let's refresh here. So we know Gentry has been with Nike for roughly 17 years now, and people suspect he has a higher up. The problem is, the man in charge is no longer Phil Knight. It was William Perez, who resigned back in January, and it is now Mark Parker. So it's probably safe to say, while Phil Knight has an office in there, and Nike promoted one of their own to the top of the food chain, everyone has their own agenda.

I interned at Disney World for 6 months, and I'm not saying I was a genius at their corporate structure, but I knew how things worked when I was there 11 years ago. Things have changed so much there, and everyone is worried about the bottom line, they started butchering their own people, their own divisions, to keep profits as high as possible, while the product slowly slipped in quality. How many people can remember over the course of 10 years Disney went from movies like Beauty and the Beast and Lion King, to giving us garabge like Treasure Planet and Atlantis. Sometimes, people get in a comfort zone, and get used to what did work, and fail to pay attention to whats going on around them, and what's changed. Worse, a corporation starts making changes like quality, worker's benefits, presentation, and everything else to inflate that bottom line. And eventually, the consumer gets tired of it, and walks away. Most people over the age of 25 on here probably remember wanting to go to Disney World or Disneyland as being like THE trip of a lifetime. Now, it's nothing but a hassle with lines, jacked up prices, and rides that don't have any inspiration on them. When I was there, we came up with an Aladdin ride to replace 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It was basically going to be a roller coaster like when the Carpet and Genie escape the tomb, with boulders falling and things flying around. In the end, what did we get? A copy of fricking Dumbo, a Carpet on a rod that goes up and down.

Now, I see the same comparison at Nike. The quality, across the board is down. Jordan Brand is a DIVISION of Nike, not an outright company of its own. They do NOT make their own decisions over there outside of design, I'm sure. they can say how many, but not necessarily how well. Where the bigger problem comes in though is that when Jordan Brand started, it was literally THE premier division for ANY shoe company. The whole idea was to start a division so the Jordan name and legacy could be carried on. And that was quality, inspirational products from the greatest player of all time. Now, with all the changes above and below at Nike, quality and inspiration have gone out the window. How many retros are we seeing outside the Air Force's and Jordans? Looked at any running shoes lately? Looked at the tennis stuff? All of it is lackluster new stuff, and the same stuff they were selling 10 years ago. Folks, that's not retro at this point. It's laziness.

Jordan Brand has actually become its own worst enemy. Everything it does now is counter to its own ethics and legacy. It is no longer inspired, its copied from something else. It's no longer original, its a re-release of an older shoe. It's no longer quality, it's crap in bulk with a $10 mark up on it. I do understand they have shareholders to answer to, but I've said this before on here, and I'll say it again: The money they are throwing down the tubes on the Jumpman line is being felt in every piss-poor quality retro they put out. I buy the Jeter's, and the quality in all of those is twice the product of the IX and the XIV's.

What Jordan Brand needs to do is literally slash its Jumpman line. Get it down to like a Jeter and a Diamond shoe. Gut the basketball stuff down to how it was with a Quick and a Strong, 2 shoes. Get athletes that best represent the Brand, not some whining baby like Owens or some one time college wonder in Carmelo. INstead of becoming a Nike Junior, and making every shoe on earth available, concentrate on keeping the spirit of the Greatest of All Time in each shoe it makes, be it retro, team, or signature, and knock off trying to be second best in your own house.

As far as releasing retros, we're up to 21 years of Jordans. I would assume someone in that division can divide simple math. 21 divided by 10 years is roughly 2. So why not make an effort in the spring to retro at most FIVE shoes from 1 through 10, and then in the fall, retro FIVE colors of 11 through 20? That clears them for the next 10 years, 21, through 30, to not have to retro. And it gives us some actual breathing room on what's coming out. Yeah, boo hoo, youre screwed if your grail is a IX or XIX, and you have to wait until 2015 to get it, but its the only way to slow this mess down and get some order back into it.

I really don't see this dying out as soon as everyone says. What really needs to happen is tone back on the Team line. We don't need 20 teams shoes a year. Give 4 or 5 really quality retros and one incredible signature shoe a year and we will all be happy. Supply various gear to hook it up with and the Jordan line will stay forever, there's no doubt about that. Just keep it simple and stop trying to dominate the market. J's will always sell.

mayne this is some BS >:
mad.gif
...was hopin to see some XI's release, JB is so close to being a wrap, but we all knew btw all these same retro colorways were releasing like theres no other Js.
We rep da BAY
We don't rep California!!! - Turf Talk

I have flint VII's size 10.5,
get at me!

I wouldnt be surprised if all this info turns out to be false...no im not saying babyj is telling us false info, but rather that gentry is just saying this so when he changes his mind and puts nike air on the back, people will go bananas...talk about surpassing this retro craze period?? thats the only way to do it

:lol:
laugh.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:smh:
nono.gif
This dude really obliterated the company :lol:
laugh.gif
. It's whatever though, I'll continue to buy the retros i like, maybe the 22's or 23's if they look good, and then bounce.

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

Wow so Gentry isnt gonna put up better quality or have Nike Air in the back or plastic heel tabs? Thats really @#%$ up. More then anything its dissapointing because I already didnt buy the IV's so it can only get worse in the future.

|I
tired.gif

More than a relief pitcher, I'm the closer
The Mariano of the Mariott, ah
If money talks, the whole world's bout to hear me out​

SSSSHHHHHHH............................

Can you hear that?

It's the fat lady.......and she is just about to start singing. If JB can't release a decent retro I would RATHER them stop.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Quote:
At present, they're simply decapitating the line and there's no surer way to expedite its death. At this rate, the brand might as well just fold back up under Nike. If you're not going to play the game differently than Nike, what's the point? Just put Melo in a Hurache, and call it a day.

They should use the Nike Air logo on the XXIIIs then just quit. Air Forces, Dunks, SBs, and Air Max all have good quality, sell well, and the prices aren't through the roof, I dunno why JB can't follow that.
EAM SF GIANTS[/center][/b]
[/center]

Come on you guys shouldn't buy into this crap. Remember last year when somebody reported that retros were finished and JB was slowing down on them. What happened to that. They're releasing more retros now than they ever have in their history. There's no way JB is stopping with retros. Retros are the only thing keeping this brand relevant.

Only thing is can predict is when JB announces there final set or retros....all hell will break lose on RDs.

Yall thought the CG and Alts releases were bad...........

no more retro @#%$...just stop for this year and dont release anymore shoes intil next year...ohh yea @#%$ jb
[/url]​

"Which brings me to... Carmelo. The 1.5 and 5.5 were not exactly the greatest shoes Jordan Brand has produced, but then again, I have seen a lot worse from this company. I'm glad to see they have abandoned the .5 travesty. Although JB cannot be faulted for Carmelo's at times lackluster performance on and off the court, they have yet to establish Anthony as "their guy." Rather than using recycled technology on Anthony's shoes, Jordan needs to start becoming more innovative with the Carmelo line-- if he is going to be the future face of the Jordan Brand as he has been touted. Treat Carmelo's shoes as a Jordan signature model."

I too would like to see more research and development put into Melo's line. He's stepping up his game, becoming a much more mature athlete and person. Not taking anything away from the spectacular talent of D-Wade, but if Melo had Shaq on his team, you can be sure the Nuggets would have been playing in the finals. Once Melo has the supporting cast he deserves, people will see what type of player and leader is is. JB made the right decision in choosing Melo to carry on the line.
MyBishukketsu

Two things:

1) Unless you're packing some serious credit, I'm not reading the four pages of text you just crapped out.

2) $50 says I'm done with Jordans before JB is.

Who am I kidding? They're locking that bet with every new release.

"Heatin' the Midwest with more degrees than a thermometer."

I Can't Really say I'm too surprised about all of this.
Over the last 2 years, I've seen more product come out that just doesn't say "Jordan". I'm not expecting it to ever be like the old days when MJ was still playing for the bulls, but doing things like whoring out shoes.......IV and XIV for starters.... isn't something they used to do. Does anyone remember when the demand was up because they would only come out with 3-5 colorways or a Jordan.
Does anyone remember when they'd only come out with a certain number of retroes a year? The Nike Air returning,Carmines, Maroon IV, Hare VII, Aqua VIII, DMP II, Bordeaux............was all too good to be true I guess.

The last good year for JB to me was 2003 when you had the XVIII which sold pretty good in comparison to XIX, XX, and XXI(even with the strong emergence of fakes......03 was the first year I started to see them everywhere, especially XVIII's), but you had the Cement III, both VIII mids (not the lows though) and IE XI's all come out in like a three month period... from like February to June.......they cooled off for a minute then they closed the year decent to strong with the XII. After that, it was just certain retroes here and there that were special.
2004-Playoff XII, OG color II, and Olympic VII......I can't even say the 04 series IV was special. XIII black/red closed out the year strong.
2005-XIII flint, alts, stealth XX.......all XIV bombed even black/red...I saw more people with Melo 5.5 than those.Only Dub Zero that sold was the first one.
2006....better with decent releases of IV and VIII and DMP.......still too soon to tell V's are decent but stuff like 9.5 and Melo III got me unsure.

:smh:
nono.gif
, No XI, oh well I guess I better get all the Vs and IVs I want then let this addiction go

The Real Drrty Drrty
Member #33-C-DUB
Reppin Miami-305 !![/center]

so mods, i guess it's time to close this forum and move all jb related posts to the "other brands" forum.

or how about the "legit check" forum? since jb shoes now possess lower quality and unfaithful replication of the original, both hallmarks of fakes.

Quote:
to put it bluntly: NT are herion addicts, J's are herion, and Gentry's the dealer. that's exactly how its working right now

more like gentry is the farmer with the goose that lays golden eggs and he's decided to cut it open.

the moral of the story? gentry is a @#%$ @#%$.

Quote:
Also, end the gimmicks-- aka. Spizzike (or whatever the hell it is called). R&D must know something I don't know because I wasn't aware there was a market for selling pieces of s&*#. (Excuse my french).

i believe they're called the shizzites.

licious
I am the Kobe Stopper​
, good luck with your cousin. PM me some day with what happened.

Back
Top Bottom