2009 Dallas Maverick offseason post.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Re-Sign Jason Kidd, Brandon Bass and Ryan Hollins to 2 year deals.
Sign Chris Wilcox with the MLE.

Rotation should be:
Hollins, Dirk, Wallace, Carter, Kidd, Wilcox, Bass, Wright, Holiday.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still prefer Half-Man Half-A Season over Glass Leg McGrady
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Damp aint as bad yall make him out to be.

no hes pretty terrible

atleast shawn bradley would contest the dunk before he gets jammed on

ericka just stands there waiting to get dunked on

wright isnt bad, he has a pretty nice baseline move and can drive to the basket, but he cant play D and his basketball iq is questionable.

i hope we keep rick carlisle.

i'll take dirk & bass . . do whatever you want with the rest of the team.

barea made 5 mil ? smh
smh.gif
. I can replace him for 200 thousand. How did this bum Singleton made the NBA ?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I trade Damp/Josh Howard for Shaq and Barnes. If they want Wright or Hollins, take them too.

JET+Bass for Shawn Marion.

Trade Stack for a a good MLE-esque player. I know it sounds off the walls, but I'd want someone like John Salmons or something like that for Stack. For what the Rockets traded for Ron Artest, Cuban should be able to pull off a deal like that as long as he's willing to put up with it. I'd like Francisco Garcia, but that's just me.

Re-sign Kidd where he'd excel, WITH SOME PEOPLE WHO CAN CATCH A DAMN BALL.

I'd love to somehow get Artest, I'd give my left nut for Artest on this squad...

Kidd
Artest
Marion
Dirk
Shaq

Yeah, it's the off-season, I can dream..
pimp.gif

Really though, I want Rick back, and if we keep Kidd, we better be moving a lot of our other pieces, because if we keep what we have, it's not going anywhere.

Number one priority, get Dampier off this team.

Also, you're out of your mind if you think Dirk is going anywhere. Cuban will not let that happen. He will trade every single player on the roster before he CONTEMPLATES moving Dirk.

I'm pretty sure there are other Maverick fans who would also give your left nut to have Artest on that squad.

But ain't a snowball's chance in hell Artest and Carlisle coexist in Dallas together. Not after Ron Ron left him and the rest of the Pacers hanging inthe '04-'05 and '05-'06 seasons. Plus, Ron Artest LOVES playing for Rick Adelman in Houston.

Millsap ain't going nowhere and I think Bosh only gets moved if Colangelo hears an amazing offer he can't pass up. So I'd pretty much think thatCuban, if he makes a move, should try and trade up to a position where he can get Thabeet because this draft class outside of Jennings/Rubio/Griffin/Thabeet istrash.

It's run its course... Blow it up.

This team isn't one big move away.

Jason Kidd is Priorty Number 1.

He did make Dallas a different team but like Chuck said last night, he may have seen his last time in that upper tier of Point Guards since he can not guardthem anymore.

Once they get that situation out of the way (I think a 1 year deal at a pretty good contract is the best option), they need to move to Howard.

Howard played well but has been a nut case the last two seasons. What hurts his trading value is hearing not just announcers say it but individuals from theMavs themselves that say they want to dump him.

You might find a team that will take him but say like a trade with my team for example, we have gone through enough problems with Sean Williams that evenasking for Josh in a VC deal would be out there for Rod Thorn to do.

If people focused first on his Ball playing (which is good in my opinion) and the off the court stuff second, a trade for a viable player can happen.

Damp plays well for what he does but because he has that contract after a one and done year in GS, he has not played at all to that ability while in Dallas.Can be a great defender, tough, and a Rebounder. Keep him for the bench. Not only due to those characteristics but finding a new home in trade will be toughunless it is a BIG TRADE.

Marion is an option in Free agency but the mavs should go after players that are young waiting to breakout. How about a trade with Portland for Travis Outlaw?or signing Rodney Carney?

Mavs can improve with youth and not having to have Superstars at the end of their Careers cause that is when Dirk will ask for a trade cause Shaq and Kidd makegreat role players but you guys need that one guy to help. Kidd is keeper at Point guard but do not look to be like those teams that added all of these playerspast their primes only for the team to struggle.

Dallas can skip rebuilding with Cuban around but they need to act now and not look at players that are only going to hurt the team in the long run.

resign j kidd hes da man that makes this team go ...trade jho for a stephen jackson or a decent swingman resign bass n singleton..n trade dat bum @+% erickadampier n stackhouse n ship them to phoenix for shaq n we will be contenders..even if u keep dis same team n just get rid of damp n stack for shaq dats a goodteam wut ya think i feel it man shaq is comin to dallas i can feel it
happy.gif

so its official the mavs died in the 06finals.

laugh.gif

Just wanted to point out how some pretty wild things were being said waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back at the start of the season. This Mavs team did goodthis year. And I disagree with Nowitness that they can't get 1 missing piece to push them over the top.....

I'd be SHOCKED if Howard was back next season... He's gonna be a huge chip still, I think... If he's healthy, he's a fringe all-star that cangive you 20 and 7 every night, and at that clip, his option for 2010/2011 is an obvious exercise. If he's not healthy or off-court issues flare up again,he's essentially a $11M expiring contract... There's no risk whatsoever for the team taking him on...

Dampier and Stackhouse are major assets to teams looking for salary relief... Only problem is the Mavs don't have a first rounder to trade, so they'llbe in a situation where any team willing to take on money can outbid them by just including a draft choice... But, then again, who knows how many teams willeven be willing to take on salary, much less trade draft picks to do so given how many teams have been reported to be looking at dumping salary at all costs...

I think we're looking at a fairly major overhaul.. But I don't think it's gonna be the kind we need... They need to blow this up and start over,not continue to try and build on the fly in a desperate attempt to win while Dirk is still an elite talent...

That's the thing though. You don't blow a team up when you have a talent like Dirk at his stage of his career. Tell me why Dirk would want to stickaround for a rebuilding process?

You could do that with someone like Duncan or Shaq who already won rings.

But telling a 30+ year old superstar player who has never won a title that "we are gonna blow up the nucleus of the team and try something new" isnot gonna fly with that superstar.

Cuz after you blow the team up, there will inevitably be a period of readjustment. And you can't afford to be tinkering and finding your way in the westernconference.....

All this while basically wasting at least 1 season on Dirk's talent.

Nope, not gonna work.

laugh.gif
I'm sayin trade Dirk...

You got any respect for dude whatsoever, put him in a position where he can get a ring... I don't see that happening here...

How close do you think this team really is? If you think it's one player, who is it? Gotta consider they'd be looking at dumping Howard plus one ofDampier/Stackhouse, and who knows whether or not Kidd will be back...

Another top flight scorer is a MUST HAVE... They've got to find someone to take the pressure of the full scoring load off Dirk if they're gonna keephim... Terry and Howard are fine, but they're #3 guys at best, IMO... Can't have those guys as your #2... Terry is too streaky, Howard is unreliable...

Do you take a shot with Iverson on a make-good deal? Does he take that deal? Do you offer Artest the MLE, depending on what else is out there for him?

I just don't see who puts this team over the top...

And heck, SHUGES might suggest trading Antoine Wright back to the Nets.......

Yes I am still mad about those comments in the game 2 thread.......... lol.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I'm sayin trade Dirk...

You got any respect for dude whatsoever, put him in a position where he can get a ring... I don't see that happening here...

How close do you think this team really is? If you think it's one player, who is it? Gotta consider they'd be looking at dumping Howard plus one of Dampier/Stackhouse, and who knows whether or not Kidd will be back...

Another top flight scorer is a MUST HAVE... They've got to find someone to take the pressure of the full scoring load off Dirk if they're gonna keep him... Terry and Howard are fine, but they're #3 guys at best, IMO... Can't have those guys as your #2... Terry is too streaky, Howard is unreliable...

Do you take a shot with Iverson on a make-good deal? Does he take that deal? Do you offer Artest the MLE, depending on what else is out there for him?

I just don't see who puts this team over the top...

I dont think they should blow it up yet. They improved from last year and more importantly, Dirk played one of his best playoff series despite what was goingon in his personal life and they owe it to him to make another push.

They'll have to take some huge gambles. Make a run @ T-Mac. It should be close to a contract year for him and he should be motivated after seeing theRockets get better w/o him.

So T-Macs last year is next year right? Isn't that the same as stack? No way we can get him unless we add Howard in there.

Originally Posted by hole in the earth

lol at you guys wanting t-mac here in Big D...id rather have Shaq than him
I would too, but I don't want Shaq unless Kidd is here too.

That's a lot of money.

First whatever the mavs do it completely depends on resigning kidd... without kidd we are screwed at point and that becomes even more of a priority thancenter. I don't see any possible deal that includes trading dampier out of dallas, we are going to have weather that awful storm and just put him on thebench. And do the mavs not have the 22nd pick in the draft?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by hole in the earth

lol at you guys wanting t-mac here in Big D...id rather have Shaq than him
I would too, but I don't want Shaq unless Kidd is here too.

That's a lot of money.
Why is it a lot of money? I can't imagine Kidd is gonna get any kind of serious contract, whether it's here or on the open market...

I want no parts of Tracy McGrady... That's not the kinda guy we need...

Back
Top Bottom