2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

I see Chelsea is trying to finish the off-season with a bang by looking to buy Aguero, Pirlo, and Ribery
sick.gif

makes no sense for them to get pirlo. they have enough central mids even if they offload deco.

and if ancelotti's going to play a diamond formation, mikel is much better suited as the base of diamond.

Adios Michel Salgado. Excellent move for Real Madrid. The player was past it and could not meet expectations. Squad numbers are limited to 25 and at thispoint, he did not deserve one. The RB position is more than covered with Ramos, Arbeloa, and M.Torres.

All that said, excellent player in his prime. 10 years of loyal service.

Im pretty sure Pirlo would include some sort of swap-deal. Essien or maybe Bosingwa(sp)?

Deco, Ballack, Lampard are all over 30+ but Ancelotti wants his nostalgia. I don't think Pirlo would survive in EPL - the league is more physical thanSerie A and thats a step up from La Liga too.

hey was up guys, finally took a breather from all these european football clubs visiting los angeles had a great time meeting everybody from Inter de Milan,and a couple players from AC Milan but meeting most of the players from Barcelona really tops everything unless one day I can meet the Manchester United squad.here's a couple pictures of some of the guys I met and pictures from the incredible access I had with the team in practice and the game, I was actually onthe field for both.
Xavi's brother

on the pitch during game

on the pitch during training

xavi

valdes

pep

dani

the boss

even got bora

Originally Posted by I3

the !$#+ is laporta wearing lol

man Pep's quite tall

laugh.gif
at Laporta... snug... I've only seen him in suits (and trying to maintain a stoneface all the time)... had to do a double-take...

And yeah, Pep does't look that tall on the sidelines... two3, how tall are you?

1525 BST: AC Milan are reportedly set to launch a £30m move for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas. (Tuttosport)

1427 BST: Barcelona are planning a £12m move for Manchester United defender Jonny Evans. Full story:Daily Mail

1425: Julio Baptista's agent has denied the former Arsenal striker is set to leave Roma and join AC Milan. (calciomercato.it)

1135 BST: Manchester United have inquired but are yet to make a bid for Valencia midfielder David Silva. Full story: GuillemBalague

1112 BST: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he will not improve his original offer of £6m for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh.(L'Equipe)

0954 BST: Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac has confirmed that he will be staying in France despite interest from several Premier League clubs. (Frenchnewspaper L'Equipe)

0944 BST: French striker David Trezeguet is staying at Juventus after deciding a prospective move to Serie A rivals AC Milan would be tantamount toa "betrayal" of the Turin club. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

http:// TRANSFER GOSSIP

Defender Joleon Lescott will write to Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and ask to join big-spending Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

However, Lescott has been told that despite his desire to leave Goodison Park he will not be allowed to move to Eastlands.
Full story: Daily Star

Manchester City will call a halt to their pursuit of Lescott if they cannot get him to Eastlands by the end of the week.
Full story: The Sun

With Xabi Alonso's departure to Real Madrid imminent, Liverpool will replace the midfielder with Roma's Alberto Aquilani. (Daily Mirror)

The Reds have agreed a deal in principle with Roma and will splash out £20m on the Italian 25-year-old.

Arsenal are on the verge of signing Chelsea's Ivory Coast forward Salomon Kalou for £8m.

Chelsea have moved closer to the £8m signing of AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo, who could arrive in time for Sunday's Community Shield clashwith Manchester United. (Daily Mirror)

The Blues, meanwhile, have dismissed speculation linking midfielder Joe Cole with a move to London rivals Tottenham.
Full story: TheIndependent

Having completed a medical on Monday, Tottenham striker Darren Bent is expected to finally seal his £12m transfer to Sunderland on Tuesday.
Full story: Daily Express

Bent's departure will pave the way for Spurs to step up their pursuit of Real Madrid striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. (Daily Express)

Everton are preparing a £12m bid for Standard Liege midfielder Steven Defour. (Daily Mirror)

However, Defour is also on Liverpool's wish list as they look to bolster their midfield options.
Full story:Daily Mail

West Ham are confident they can persuade right-back Lucas Neill to remain at the club.

Bolton are looking to sign Valencia midfielder Miguel Angel Angulo on a free transfer. (The Sun)

Hull will turn their attentions to Tottenham full-back Pascal Chimbonda, if their bid for Newcastle defender Habib Beye fails.

Newcastle defender Sebastien Bassong is ready to hand in a transfer request in order to get a move to Tottenham or Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

Hull will battle it out with Fulham for Villarreal striker Jozy Altidore. (Daily Star)

Nottingham Forest have launched a £2m bid for Bolton defender Danny ****tu. (Daily Star)

Striker Amr Zaki could join Portsmouth on a season-long loan from Egyptian side El Zamalek.

Hamilton Accies are close to deals for Leicester midfielder James Wesolowski and Spanish defender Luis Rubiales. (Various)

Frozen-out Rangers forward Alan Gow is a target for Plymouth. (Daily Star)

http:// OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is set to commit himself to the Blues by signing a new three-year contract. (Daily Express)

Tottenham defender Jonathan Woodgate may need another hernia operation, ruling him out of the first month of the 2009/10 Premier League season. (DailyMail)

Inter Milan midfielder Patrick Viera, who is wanted by both Arsenal and Tottenham, has been told he will need to resolve his future if he is to winback his place in the French national side. Fullstory: Daily Mail

Portsmouth have warned they may have to sell more players to survive their financial troubles. (The Sun)

Veteran winger Ryan Giggs has revealed how training ground bust-ups are a regular occurrence at Manchester United, but help combat fatigue and keepthe squad competitive. (Daily Mirror)

http:// AND FINALLY

Former Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo's legs have been insured for £90m by his new club Real Madrid.
The Sun

Meanwhile, Ronaldo's old house in Alderley Edge, Cheshire has been snapped up by new Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor for £5.5m. The formerArsenal striker beat off competition from team-mates Kolo Toure, Gareth Barry, Carlos Tevez as well as Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia.
The Sun

Derby County midfielder Robbie Savage has revealed he has a sleepwalking problem that once resulted in him dragging a team-mate out of bed, havingimagined a train was going to hit the building.
Daily Star

Russia fans have been told to drink whisky on their trip to Wales for September's World Cup qualifier to avoid catching swine flu. (Daily Express)

Originally Posted by I3

Im pretty sure Pirlo would include some sort of swap-deal. Essien or maybe Bosingwa(sp)?

Deco, Ballack, Lampard are all over 30+ but Ancelotti wants his nostalgia. I don't think Pirlo would survive in EPL - the league is more physical than Serie A and thats a step up from La Liga too.
no way essien would be involved in any swap. they did try to buy pirlo for cash + pizzaro, but milan declined.

the PL is physical, but it's also too fast for pirlo. and i just can't see him succeeding in the base of a diamond midfield.

re: salgado

kinda bittersweet to see him go since it's so rare for players to be at one club for so long. but he was overdue to leave anyways. i hope he finds a clubthat will let him finish his career gracefully.

madrid still need to figure out what to do with the dutch contingent. seems like sneijder will stay unless a team buys him (so no loans). vdv said he'llleave for sure. madrid are pushing huntelaar out the door, and i guess rvn is going to stay?

^Yeah same sentiments. They kinda did Salgado dirty like that after being so loyal to the club. It's a business I guess. Hopefully he can jump on anotherclub.

i believe salgado is married to perez's daughter too. lol.

i never thought he was a great player, but he worked hard everytime i saw him.

the madrid of the early 2000's were so fun to watch. him and roberto carlos stampeding up and down the sidelines. zidane and figo interchanging andswitching sides. raul with the short haircut (lol...).

I'm glad to say that Xabi Alonso is now officially a Real Madrid player. Reports are saying that the deal was closed for 30ME plus incentives. He willarrive in Madrid tomorrow to undergo his medical and to be presented.
http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/real-madrid-ficha-xabi-alonso/dasftb/20090804dasdasftb_50/Tes
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5473628,00.html

I feel that this man is so going to be an influential part of Real Madrid's success. IMO Xabi is one of the most complete CM's in the game and willallow Ronaldo and Kaka to move freely in the final third while providing orgasmic passing and defense cover.

EDIT: Apparently news outlets disagree what the final price of the transfer really is. The spanish media seem to agree on 30ME while the english media arereporting anywhere from 30-34MP (35-40ME).

Good move by Real Madrid to get a solid CM who can relieve Ronaldo and Kaka of any defensive responsibilities. Goals will come easy for Real, it's just amatter of if they're D will be good enough to hold up. There's no doubt in my mind that Real can score 3-4 goals a match but that wont be happeningagainst Europe's top sides. When you get to the late stages of the UCL (final
glasses.gif
, the goals start to dry up and it becomes a chess match out there. Theyneed to prove that they can win "ugly" 1-0 matches as well.

Lescott appears to be on his way to Man City. That team looks very very scary. They have the talent to compete with almost any team in Europe but it'llcome down to chemistry and coaching for them. They have somewhat of an advantage over the other top 4 teams in England since they dont have any Europeanfixtures this season which means they'll be able to focus all of their attention on the Premiership. With their talent and depth, they do not have anyexcuses if they do not break into the top 4.

Arsenal are after Kalou and Chamakh of Bordeaux. Chelsea are only asking for 8 million pounds and Arsenal offered 6 million so they aren't that far apart.I'm not sure where Kalou fits with Arsenal but he'd be a welcome addition. I'm kind of concerned that there hasn't been much talk of Wengerlooking for a CM and some defenders. Nevertheless, it's a good sign that Wenger is willing to spend some money afterall
laugh.gif

Liverpool are trying to sign Aquillani of Roma to replace Xabi. I dont watch Serie A since it sucks, how is Aquillani? Losing Xabi is a huge blow for a teamwith UCL and Premiership aspirations. Although I dont care much for Liverpool, I'm disappointed that they haven't made a splash in the transfer windowthis summer. They already have a very good team and were a couple of upgrades away from being a force to be reckoned with. Getting a RB isn't enough, theyneed a fulltime starting striker behind Torres who can pitch in with 10-15 goals a season. Now I dont see them as being that much better than 3rd in England.

I found this story to be quite funny...ah, to be rich and famous
laugh.gif

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...nsures-legs-for-90m.html
Meanwhile, Ronaldo's old home in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, has been snapped up by new Manchester City signing Emmanuel Adebayor for £5.5million.

He beat off competition for the seven-bedroom house from team-mates Kolo Toure, Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez. New Manchester United signing Antonio Valencia also put in a bid.

Ex-United idol Ronaldo has made a £1.65million profit after paying £3.85million for the pad in February last year. The house has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym and cinema room.

still dunno what formation real are gonna use, but it looks like lass and xabi will be the two central mids. this is a vast improvement over lass and gago.gago still has potential to be a very good player, but he lacks the composure, distribution and passing range that xabi has.

i agree with RUTHE1 that xabi will be an important piece because kaka, ronaldo, benzema aren't exactly going to be tracking back to retrieve the ball toinitiate the attack. xabi will be their hub to get the ball from lass and link up with the forwards. and xabi isn't a bad defender too and is willing to dohis share of defensive duties. this could end up being the key piece to madrid, imo.

If Pirlo goes to Chelsea he won't play full-time. The ACN is next year and they'll be w/o Mikel and Essien.

I think Real's formation will look like this...

----------Benzema-------Van Nistelrooy------------

--------------------Raul------------------

-----------------------------------Higuian-------------

--------Ronaldo--------Kaka----------------------

-----------------Xabi Alonso---------------------

-----------------Diarra-----------------------

-----------Pepe----------Albiol--------------

-----------------Casillas-------------------

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Good move by Real Madrid to get a solid CM who can relieve Ronaldo and Kaka of any defensive responsibilities. Goals will come easy for Real, it's just a matter of if they're D will be good enough to hold up. There's no doubt in my mind that Real can score 3-4 goals a match but that wont be happening against Europe's top sides. When you get to the late stages of the UCL (final
glasses.gif
, the goals start to dry up and it becomes a chess match out there. They need to prove that they can win "ugly" 1-0 matches as well.

Lescott appears to be on his way to Man City. That team looks very very scary. They have the talent to compete with almost any team in Europe but it'll come down to chemistry and coaching for them. They have somewhat of an advantage over the other top 4 teams in England since they dont have any European fixtures this season which means they'll be able to focus all of their attention on the Premiership. With their talent and depth, they do not have any excuses if they do not break into the top 4.

Arsenal are after Kalou and Chamakh of Bordeaux. Chelsea are only asking for 8 million pounds and Arsenal offered 6 million so they aren't that far apart. I'm not sure where Kalou fits with Arsenal but he'd be a welcome addition. I'm kind of concerned that there hasn't been much talk of Wenger looking for a CM and some defenders. Nevertheless, it's a good sign that Wenger is willing to spend some money afterall
laugh.gif

Liverpool are trying to sign Aquillani of Roma to replace Xabi. I dont watch Serie A since it sucks, how is Aquillani? Losing Xabi is a huge blow for a team with UCL and Premiership aspirations. Although I dont care much for Liverpool, I'm disappointed that they haven't made a splash in the transfer window this summer. They already have a very good team and were a couple of upgrades away from being a force to be reckoned with. Getting a RB isn't enough, they need a fulltime starting striker behind Torres who can pitch in with 10-15 goals a season. Now I dont see them as being that much better than 3rd in England.

I found this story to be quite funny...ah, to be rich and famous
laugh.gif

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...nsures-legs-for-90m.html
Meanwhile, Ronaldo's old home in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, has been snapped up by new Manchester City signing Emmanuel Adebayor for £5.5million.

He beat off competition for the seven-bedroom house from team-mates Kolo Toure, Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez. New Manchester United signing Antonio Valencia also put in a bid.

Ex-United idol Ronaldo has made a £1.65million profit after paying £3.85million for the pad in February last year. The house has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym and cinema room.

true. the defense is still questionable. but they have made upgrades with arbeloa and albiol. if ramos can get back in form, it's not a bad defense by anymeans. i still think they need more depth, however. but if they can maintain possession, that will alleviate some of the defense's shortcomings. maybethey'll take a look at what barca did last year. they had a defense and keeper that were above average, at best. but they maintained possession. however,henry and iniesta tracked back a lot too.

and i agree about city. i think with the addition of lescott now, you have to seriously consider them as a top 4 candidate. if they line up with a squadlike:

---------------given--------------

richards--lescott---kompany--bridge

---------barry------de jong----------

ireland-------tevez---------robinho

------------adebayor---------------

that's a very, very good lineup. and they have depth too now. what's even more impressive is that all of those players don't need to adapt to thepremier league as they've all had some success now. chemistry is only a matter of time. however, will hughes have the tactical knowhow to compete with thetop teams?

the running joke is who will be fired first? hughes or pellegrini?

i know wenger's been wanting kalou for some time. wenger talked about a new formation: 4-3-3, which is something i thought they should have done already. ithink kalou can slot in well with arsenal. i'd love to see vieira back. he belongs and deserves to retire at arsenal. i just wish keano was back as i missthe duels between the two.

but it's going to be interesting to see what wenger does. he'll need another defender now that senderos looks to be headed to everton.

aquilani, i think, is a very, very talented player. he is a bit like xabi without the passing range. however, he is like mr. glass. dude's always injured.

i don't agree about needing another starting forward. with the formation and system they use, gerrard and torres are probably the best duo up front. BUT,if they're able to get, say, a david villa or whomever, it will be great for them. even though gerrard fits in well behind torres, he will be able to moveto another position and still thrive even though he'll hate and complain about it.

Pellegrini uses a 4-4-2, my guess is this will be the XI:

Ramos---Pepe--Albiol--- Marcelo
------------Lass---Alonso-------
Ronaldo------Kaka-----Robben
-------------Benzema-----------

Looks good to me. Marcelo has a lot to prove in defence but he is dangerous going forward. If Robben gets hurt, which he will, you can insert Marcelo,Drenthe, or Granero at left winger. And Drenthe can also fill in at LB, too. So much wonderful depth.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

If Pirlo goes to Chelsea he won't play full-time. The ACN is next year and they'll be w/o Mikel and Essien.
he definitely won't play fulltime, and even without mikel and essien, he can't replace either player as they play different positions.

dunno why ancelotti is so set on a diamond. i don't think frank lampard is best utilized at the tip of the diamond. he's much more effective as acentral mid and making runs into the box.

Back
Top Bottom