***2009 Official OAKLAND RAIDERS Offseason Thread***

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Do the Raiders have any defense??

Because their offense has great potential.

Funny reading this after last year...didn't we go like what? 9 quarters without a TD?

Our defense needs quite a bit of work...imagine how scary it would be if teams HAD to throw on us because they couldn't run it.
offense went like a year and a half without scoring a touchdown on the first drive of a game
laugh.gif
against the falcons last year i think we had like 7 total yards in the first half and 3 first downs all game or something ridiculous like that.

Naw I agree they do have "potential" and enough as a team barring injuries to go over .500, I just think inconsistencies will keep them down becausethe offense is young. Who's the starting RB cuz I'd really like Michael Bush's game, none of that 7 yards a half crap like last year lmao justfunny thinkin about it

Chaz Schilens just broke his 5th metatarsal in at practice. He is out foe an unknown amount of time.
Schilens says he'll play opener "if God does a miracle." Not what fans want to hear from their No. 1 receiver.
Per David White

This sucks so much %+@*. Clearly he was Russell's go to WR, and now we have to hope for Javon to come back to strengthen the corps.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Chaz Schilens just broke his 5th metatarsal in at practice. He is out foe an unknown amount of time.
Schilens says he'll play opener "if God does a miracle." Not what fans want to hear from their No. 1 receiver.
Per David White

This sucks so much %+@*. Clearly he was Russell's go to WR, and now we have to hope for Javon to come back to strengthen the corps.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Disappointing news
smh.gif
. Hope he recovers quick. He's clearly our number oneguy and was has been looking very good.

Crap, guys. I hope this is just the Niners doing too much and the Raiders not taking it as seriously as them
frown.gif

49ers taunt Raiders during one-sided practice

August 19, 2009 3:45 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

Reports from the 49ers' practice session with the Raiders match what John Clayton shared with me by phone from the scene. Basically, the 49ers took it tothe Raiders and taunted them, with cornerback Nate Clements telling Raiders players they couldn't even compete.

Great stuff if you're a 49ers fan, or if you happened to argue on their behalf relative to the Raiders during a recent Football Today podcast. It'sonly training camp, but it's also all we've got right now. And it's better than having your team on the receiving end of such barbs.

What does it mean? The 49ers have been holding very physical practices. The Raiders haven't been as physical in practice. It makes sense, then, that the49ers might bring more intensity to a joint practice session in August. Their defense also might be pretty good and better than the Raiders' offense with ayoung JaMarcus Russell at quarterback

^
No not when these same two teams were heated towards each other in last years practices and had fights with one another. The raiders inner desire to competeand show up the niners had to be there in these last 2 days of practice

thought i should post this here

The Oakland Raiders' offense did not have a bad practice session versus the San Francisco 49ers. They were abysmal!

San Francisco's pass defense toyed with the Raider offense; including five interceptions, four during run throughs in the red-zone and three of them thatwere picked off from JaMarcus Russell.

His response, "It's not the end of the world. If it is, then show me."

We all know by now how laid back the cannon armed passer can be. So this just may be how he emotes after a lackadaisical effort during practice. Russell maynot let this affect him in the long run. But showing a little frustration and letting his teammates know that that was not an acceptable performance issomething we should see out of the guy pegged to lead this team.

S&B journalist DeMarcus Davis said of the embarrassing practive, "All the Raiders could do was hold their heads down in shame. NOT ONE RAIDER got inthe face of their tormentors. They would just walk back to the huddle and limp to another play. It was pathetic."

That's when Russell needs to show leadership. That's when he has to gather his troops and stop the bleeding. So far, we have not seen signs of this andeventually, he'll have to show some more fire if this team is going to turn the corner and avoid a seventh straight 11+ loss season.

Even his opponents see the immaturity. Cornerback Dre Bly stated, "He's kind of young. He's kind of learning to be a leader. I didn't noticeanyone stepping up and saying, 'this is enough."

What should be troubling to Russell is how his teammate Jeff Garcia is showing more fire. It was the former 49er that huddled the team and gave them words ofmotivation.

"[Garcia] brought the guys up," Russell said. "You can see some of the guys haven't been in that situation to where a guy jumping on themlike that. It's the big leagues. You going to get that. You never know who it's going to come from. You can have a kid in there say a few words butJeff is a guy that's been in the NFL for quite some years. I think a lot of the young guys will take heed to that."

Yes JaMarcus…

Learn from that, because if you don't, Garcia will take your job. He is not there to baby-sit you. He may teach how to be a leader, - if that'ssomething you can learn - but he'll do it knowing that he may be the best quarterback on the roster and deserving of the job if Russell cannot showprogress.

Slight stunner: Raiders waived FB Lorenzo Neal to make space for Rashad Baker.
Per David White

An interesting move. I think he was going to get released before the season started anyway because Oren O'neal is back. No need to have 2 run/passblocking FBs with barely any receiving skills on the team. Hopefully, it opens up room for Marcel Reece to be a "Justin Griffith" type FB.
I do wish they kept Neal a bit longer and cut someone like Sammie Parker instead just to teach Oren a bit more, but not too surprising nonetheless.

DHB and Louis Murphy to start Saturday against SF. Either McFadden or Bush will start, not Fargas; Cable will announce which one after Friday's practice.Jamarcus will play the 1st qtr, Garcia the second; all with the starters.

The future is now with DHB and Murphy.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

lets get it DMc

@!!# what happened this week during practice, lets show up when it really matters.
pimp.gif

nnamdiasomugha21.jpg

Zach_Miller2.jpg

darrius-heyward-bey-12-2009-nfl-oakland-0tL6Kj.jpg

darren-mcfadden_nc.jpg

sp_raiders03_084pc.jpg

Touchdown Raidazz

updates, htoughts on the game??
I know im not the only one here.
laugh.gif

3 posts in a row by me?!

Back