2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

WITNESS... Ryan Buenafe... i think he is the CHOSEN ONE. he is really gifted compared with his batchmates in UAAP. basta aral lang bro. wag na lang mag absent,kahit nasa loob ng classroom pwede na. at least present!
happy.gif
you have avery bright future in basketball. mas maganda kung makakatapos ka pa. congrats ateneo. Back 2 Back!

[color= rgb(102, 0, 204)]it's the length of one day.
One Half.
One shot clock.
This number is my promise,
to dominate every moment

24[/color]

ryan buenafe > paul lee > eric salamat > arvie bringas > raffy reyes

arvie still hase a chance to prove himself, but buenafe is pretty much settled as the top stag in their group.

if he could just shrink his JUMBO calves
laugh.gif

IMHO Buenafe would not be the King Eagle, next year Salamat would be the one, and after him my bet is it would be Nico Salva. True Salva is a bit undersizedfor a 4, but his skill set is much better than Buenafe's. If you noticed throughout the year he has been consistent in his production off the bench anduses his skills to get his points. Buenafe is too hyped IMO and him going pro or semi pro could be the worst move in his young career. He should stay in schooland polish his game in the collegiate level. As of now, he doesn't have a consistent outside shot and no mid range game, although he drives to the basketpretty well and fishes fouls a lot but those wouldn't make you a successful pro nowadays.

Well in my opinion, the main thing that separates Nico Salva and Ryan right now is conditioning. Right now, Ryan is well, fat. Nico, while undersized, isathletic and I think in the future could probably play 3 because of his athleticism.

A better outside shot and better conditioning, two things that are attainable, are the things that could take him to another level IMHO.

Anyway, just something I got last night. I know someone who was classmates with Juami Tiongson in High School and got to talk to him last night.
He said, and this came from Juami daw, Ryan has a totally different approach this year. He doesn't cut anymore. (He overcut both subjects we had together)

We'll see. Hopefully he does stay for good.

I can't recall a game where Ryan scored 20 or plus points and with the talks of him going Pro or Semi-Pro...I don't think so. This has been a longdebate since last year but well he came back, coz everyone knows he still has a lot to improve. I remember Toroman once said, Bringas (not Buenafe) could bethe future of Philippine Basketball. Ryan better step-up and take the gym seriously. And stay in school. Buenafe, like Cawaling, are talents waiting to beunleashed.

manilaboyxix wrote:
ryan buenafe > paul lee

seriously!?
laugh.gif

Paul took the player of the conference in his rookie year in PBL.. clearly this guy can play ball even in a more competitive level.. you don't have to runplays for him because he can create his own shots and can play both ends of the court.
unlike Ryan, you need to run specific plays or iso for him to become more productive. as far becoming pro, maybe in other places but not in PBA. he's luckyif get an offer for two seasons but as a practice player, pwedeng pwde na sya
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i dont think what we see now is really buenafe's A-game, but i see your point with paul lee.

maybe a season without rabeh, nonoy and jai could get buenafe going, if he survives his studies.

If I heard the coliseum barker correctly, Ryan Buenafe's name was earlier announced as part of Smart-Gilas. IMO, leaving college after his second yearwould be major mistake. The kid has skills which were on display during his rookie year. For whatever reason, his performance just took a dip in the recentlyconcluded UAAP season and it has seriously affected his stock.

Sayang naman, I see him, Long, Chua, Salva and Salamat as the major cogs of Ateneo next year. He would be better served if he stayed in school.

Originally Posted by hotblizzard2003

Right now, Ryan is well, fat.

Ryan has a totally different approach this year. He doesn't cut anymore. (He overcut both subjects we had together)
this got me laughing because it's true.
laugh.gif

yeah, maybe he doesn't cut but aside from going to class, he needs to pass them too.

Buenafe is bored in the UAAP, he wants to make more money this early. 1 solid year was enough to prove himself.
I hope he does'nt end up like Homer SE.

Buenafe's first year was good but after one season the opponents didn't see anything new from him thus learning how to defend him better and negatinghis scoring and impact this year. IMO if your playing at the college level, every year you should have something new to show, there should be a development inyour game. Even NBA players workout every summer to improve their game and add new skills.

Salva did a great jump from year 1 to year 2.

Red Lions defeated the Stags earlier. both teams end the elimination round at 16-2

playoff for the #1 slot in the final four is on wed.

animo.

SBC making it twice in a row against SSC.

NCAA F4 on Friday: 1. San Beda v. 4. Letran / 2. San Sebastian v. 3. JRU

Mahirap talagang talunin ang may import. Seems like another championship is on the way 4 Beda, but off course with an *
Bravo Baste!!!

hindi mahirap talunin yun. dikit lang yung laban kahit nung wala yung Jimbo, plus na lang sa kanila yung import nila.

dapat kasi dalawang conference nalang isang pang All-Filipino tapos isang pang may import
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom