2010-2011 Jordan Brand NBA/NCAA Season kicks thread. Vol. "What's Gilbert Wearing?"

Arenas is getting fined each time his shoes doesn't match with the team colours right?

Arenas is getting fined each time his shoes doesn't match with the team colours right?

Originally Posted by mkc1983

I don't think the NBA has that rule anymore. For the past few years, we've seen players like Lebron, Rondo, Kobe, etc wear different colored shoes than what the rest of the team wears. Rondo habitually wears the opposite color than the rest of the Celtics. Last year when Lebron was with the Cavs, he wore Dunkmans and "Red Carpets" and that was nowhere close to Cleveland's colors nor did they have anything to do with an NBA celebration like black history month or aids awareness...

I don't think the NBA has that rule anymore. For the past few years, we've seen players like Lebron, Rondo, Kobe, etc wear different colored shoes than what the rest of the team wears. Rondo habitually wears the opposite color than the rest of the Celtics. Last year when Lebron was with the Cavs, he wore Dunkmans and "Red Carpets" and that was nowhere close to Cleveland's colors nor did they have anything to do with an NBA celebration like black history month or aids awareness...

San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin

74044fe73e292522145d18e.jpg

Originally Posted by ijapino

I don't know though.  Then why don't we see LeBron ever wear the South Beach VIIIs or Kobe wear the 3Ds or random players wearing the Copper Foams or any other gaudy shoe?  My friend said he recently read on ESPN or somewhere that players are only allowed to wear "crazy" kicks twice a year - Christmas and the All Star Game.  Does anyone have any more insight into this?

Originally Posted by ijapino

I don't know though.  Then why don't we see LeBron ever wear the South Beach VIIIs or Kobe wear the 3Ds or random players wearing the Copper Foams or any other gaudy shoe?  My friend said he recently read on ESPN or somewhere that players are only allowed to wear "crazy" kicks twice a year - Christmas and the All Star Game.  Does anyone have any more insight into this?

The color rule is gone now.

Also, Ray Allen was warming up in the Bin 23 IX and one of his XI PE's. Lets see what he will lace up when the game starts.

tumblr_lgfhsucbRc1qg0m6xo1_500.jpg

The color rule is gone now.

Also, Ray Allen was warming up in the Bin 23 IX and one of his XI PE's. Lets see what he will lace up when the game starts.

tumblr_lgfhsucbRc1qg0m6xo1_500.jpg

naw no more required matching. i wonder what mj woulda done if that rule was in place when he was playin...

naw no more required matching. i wonder what mj woulda done if that rule was in place when he was playin...

Back
Top Bottom