2010 College Basketball Season

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

SSC-R Staglets (High School), DLSU (college) rookie of the year?....now with FEU Tamaraws

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Is Bringas that GOOD to be so hyped going to college last year? I wasn't able to watch NCAA Juniors. So far based on his first season nothing special IMO. Height is average, not even freakishly athletic, not much post moves. I am more impressed with Teng and Martin Reyes of UP. Among
the juniors now, I think the Ravena Kid is getting all the hype and focus, saw him play during the finals of the filoil, he can easily score and has good IQ but at times forces things too much IMO.

NU will be scary in the coming years with the players in residency, some more changes will be made in the NU camp in the coming years as well.. from coaches to the recruits. like what SM usually says.. WE'VE GOT THEM ALL FOR YOU.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^I think you mean Mikee Reyes, PG out of LSGH
smile.gif

Tampus is from Letran not SSC

ooops my bad. yes that reyes. hehe

is Tampus any good?

Originally Posted by lbj19

Is Bringas that GOOD to be so hyped going to college last year? I wasn't able to watch NCAA Juniors. So far based on his first season nothing special IMO. Height is average, not even freakishly athletic, not much post moves. I am more impressed with Teng and Martin Reyes of UP. Among
the juniors now, I think the Ravena Kid is getting all the hype and focus, saw him play during the finals of the filoil, he can easily score and has good IQ but at times forces things too much IMO.
Ey Ryan! What's good, man? Actually for a rookie, Bringas did okay. There was a lot of hype surrounding his arrival in DLSU last year, primarily because he was a 2 time (or 1 time MVP) in the juniors division of the NCAA. I'm sure they didn't expect him to make an impact from the onset, so his contributions to the team were pretty much a bonus. 

I feel sorry for the kid, but seems like he's found a new home in FEU. Good luck to him and to all UAAP schools this coming season.

Originally Posted by lbj19

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^I think you mean Mikee Reyes, PG out of LSGH
smile.gif

Tampus is from Letran not SSC

ooops my bad. yes that reyes. hehe

is Tampus any good?

Tampus is a legit scorer.

IMO he was the 3rd best high school guard last season behind Kiefer and Baser.

thanks for the infos guys. hopefully DLSU would fare better this year. last year's 6th place finish was unexpected IMO. I hope the crush NU
laugh.gif

on a side note: Ray Parks is with NU na daw. Son of PBA import bobby parks

im confused.. Anton Bringas will start as rookie at FEU and Arvie Bringas isnt gonna play this season?

Ray Parks is attending 4th year high school in NU this year, but I don't think he'll be playing for the juniors team.

As for Arvie Bringas, he still can't play for FEU because he needs to sit out 2 years due to his inter-uaap transfer.

Also, Arnold Van Opstal won't be playing in this year's UAAP even if he is enrolled in DLSU.

I guess Dindo didn't like him not practicing during the summer with the rest of the guys.

I suggest Arnold Van Opstal try CSB definitely he will get the starting spot from Coach Richard Del Rosario.
happy.gif

First-hand info on the Gwynne Capacio camp.

He is enrolled in Ateneo, but I'm sure everyone knows he won't be playing as the rosters have been announced already.

How do i know? He just moved into the condo where I live.Not sure if his family stays here too, but I've seen Glenn twice.

Capacio will be playing for RP Youth U18, that's why he's not goin to suit up yet for the Blue Eagles, just like the case of Tolentino, Banal, Marata and co. before with DLSU.
smile.gif

DLSU bringing back their 4peat design, good start for them, they played really different compare to the pre-season games, you can see their ball rotation, drop passes, I don't even remember any 1 on 1 plays, I guess 1 reason why Webb didn't able to score that much, but the biggest difference is Dindo putting Simon Atkins to 2 spot, great start for the Archers!

UP should change the coach after this season, and don't waste Silungan's talent in the coming years..

i observed that DLSU really needs a good 2 guard for their offense to work... perhaps this will be simon's breakthrough year and live up to the hype that surrounded him ever since leading the junior archers to the championship. a convincing win nonetheless!

silungan really got game! he got three point and mid range jumps and has a quick firs step. how many years will he play for UP? im also curious as to what his heart-shaped hand tattoo means/symbolizes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superswag

i observed that DLSU really needs a good 2 guard for their offense to work... perhaps this will be simon's breakthrough year and live up to the hype that surrounded him ever since leading the junior archers to the championship. a convincing win nonetheless!

silungan really got game! he got three point and mid range jumps and has a quick firs step. how many years will he play for UP? im also curious as to what his heart-shaped hand tattoo means/symbolizes.
laugh.gif
i think he'll be playing 2 to 3 years max. he used to play pick-up games with d. rose back when he's in chicago. as for the tattoo, it's a heart shaped hand and inside it is a basketball... i guess the kid really loves the sport.

Originally Posted by superswag

laugh.gif
i think he'll be playing 2 to 3 years max. he used to play pick-up games with d. rose back when he's in chicago. as for the tattoo, it's a heart shaped hand and inside it is a basketball... i guess the kid really loves the sport.

Back
Top Bottom