2010 College Basketball Season

^top 3 seeds more likely on lock already while there can still be a shakedown for the 4th and final slot

Black, shooting for his third straight UAAP crown, said Ateneo will lose only Salamat and Jason Escueta to graduation. Next season, the Eagles will be reinforced by a strong rookie group made up of 6-11 Greg Slaughter, Kiefer Ravena, Gwyne Capacio, Von Pessumal and Mark Tallo Jr.

Philstar ... Quinito Henson Column ..

Originally Posted by PocketLint

Coulda at least said that he also transferred. I kinda took that he/they were trying to disregard us.
You mad son?
indifferent.gif
Seriously, Reedley isn't relevant in the HS sports scene and perhaps that's the reason why they either forget to mention it or they had no idea that Marata went there at all. Likewise, Japeth is still remembered as the dunking behemoth in Mapua, Rabeh as a PCU Dolphin and Jobe, well no one remembers him (
laugh.gif
), when all three were enrolled at Reedley at some point.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

1 season lang pala si Jason Escueta
Yep, matanda na siya. He's been with the program for quite sometime.

Great come back by Mapua against Letran. They were down 12 under 3 minutes but managed to make stops and convert shorts to escape with a 3 point win. Now that's some basketball.

Knights need a true leader. SMH on Dysam, Belorio, Alas Brothers and Belencion
smh.gif

muntik ko na masira yung rc ng tv namin...nak ng teteng !!!
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Too bad Kevin Alas fouled out with 3-4 mins to go. He could have managed his team to win that game. They were clearly lost in the last 3 mins of the game.

They need a legitimate big man for Letran. Their recruitment program is too weak nowadays after they won the title last 2005.

UE upsets Ateneo won by 2 points, superb game for James Martinez hitting 6/10 from the outside I think, Paul Lee's defense and passing skills, DLSU must win their game on Sat against FEU to more or less secure their 4th spot.

UP lost Mark Lopez with knee injury, Woody Co with sprain, and awhile ago Silungan with flu, result of the game? same thing when they are still playing...
smile.gif

I never really knew why everyone was so hyped up for UP this year. I heard a lot of people say that they were gonna be a lock for the Final 4. Anyone care to explain to me?
ohwell.gif

i believe one reason is their impressive performance in the last PBL when they finished 1st runner-up, even though Manuel was one of the key players, the core was from UP, plus adding Silungan this season.

the only players who are eligible for ROY are those who came straight from highschool, correct me if i'm wrong
smile.gif

great win for DLSU. it increased the chance for them to secure the number 4 spot, which imho is more ideal for them since they can match up better with FEU (highly probable of landing the #1 seed)

i always thought that tampus was out of control and reckless during his past games but in this one he totally redeemed himself and gave the archers the much needed spark at the offensive end to edge the tamaraws.

the results of tomorrow's games are really crucial in how the standings will shape up as we approach the end of the tournament.

anything can still happen!

big game tom for DLSU, hope we can sweep all final 3 games and ADMU loses to FEU, if this happens we will have a shot/playoff at being number 2 and have a twice to beat advantage.

marata has been off a bit lately......

With the win by DLSU they are already assured of a final four slot (if I am not mistaken). And the worst AdU and DLSU can finish is 6 losses. NU's got 7 loses and UST/UE with 8 losses. The remaning games will decide the seeding of the 4 teams (FEU, ADMU, AdU and DLSU). DLSU can still climb up to #2 as well as AdU and ADMU. So it is still a wide open race until the end of the Elimination round.

Tough last 2 games for DLSU with UE (playing the spoiler's role) and AdU (who wants to improve in the standings as well).
AdU on the other hand has NU and DLSU.
ADMU's got UST and FEU. The last game is a tough one because it may have some implications on where ADMU will land in the final four rankings (but it also depends on the results of the other Final Four teams)
FEU will have a practice game with UP before they finish off with ADMU.

Exciting last 2 weeks for the UAAP this season. I like the DLSU-FEU and ADMU-AdU match up because both are a good match up.

there is still a chance for another ADMU-DLSU game or at max 3 if both DLSU wins all remaining games and ADMU loses to FEU. playoff for number 2 seed and then the final four games.

one thing I hope is teams should also value the Phil Collegiate Tournament as well and give it the same treatment as the respective leagues (UAAP and NCAA), its a good tourney and should determine who is the best collegiate team in the country.

I agree. Teams should send their best teams to that tournament. I think non-mainstream schools (those in the province, the smaller schools here in the metro and other Univs/Colleges that are not part of the UAAP and NCAA) sends their Team A to that tournament and the mainstream ones sends a different team (mixture of Team A and Team B players). IMO, they need to market the idea of a PHILIPPINE COLLEGIATE CHAMPION more (ala NCAA in the US). They need to get lots of sponsors and have one of the major channels (ABS or GMA) cover it for them. That should bring some attention to it.

with both Adamson and La Salle losing yesterday, Ateneo has all but sealed the #2 spot. I hope they take the game against UST later very seriously, and avoid a meltdown.

On HS news, the best HS program in the country is two games away from a third consecutive UAAP chip.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jeyps11cab

I agree. Teams should send their best teams to that tournament. I think non-mainstream schools (those in the province, the smaller schools here in the metro and other Univs/Colleges that are not part of the UAAP and NCAA) sends their Team A to that tournament and the mainstream ones sends a different team (mixture of Team A and Team B players). IMO, they need to market the idea of a PHILIPPINE COLLEGIATE CHAMPION more (ala NCAA in the US). They need to get lots of sponsors and have one of the major channels (ABS or GMA) cover it for them. That should bring some attention to it.
I believe ABS (via Studio 23) already got this on lock. The only problem for this is the players' schedule. Usually, October/November is the time for the dudes (most of them, at least 
laugh.gif
)  to catch up with their studies as well as to heal up. That, probably, is why we usually see 2nd-unit guys playing "prime-time" minutes in past Champions League years a-la Fil-Oil tournament.

Add to that, remember when PCCL organizers failed to send DLSU to the Universiade? I think the tourney got a bad rap from other schools for that one. Tsk tsk.

with the twice-to-beat advantage locked up, I want Ateneo to rest and take it easy in its last game (vs FEU). let Adamson and La Salle sweat it up for the 3rd and 4th places, to determine the potential Final Four matchups.

Ateneo has Adamson's number and then some so I'm looking forward to another aviary battle in the semis.

Back
Top Bottom