2010 College Basketball Season

Looks like an Ateneo-La Salle finals is a big possibility! However, I like FEU and ADU's chances as well...

EDIT: double post 
indifferent.gif

@davey - Yeah, UAAP season is really the main "season" for UA teams. After this their most of the players rest. But if ABS slowly builds the PCCL as a great tournament it is supposed to be then it could be part 2 of the college basketball season. Like the NCAA in the US, they have conferences but everyone is still waiting for the March Madness. They have to make sure though that they fix the schedule of the PCCL that it doesn't mess up the study time of the players (weekend games) and maybe pattern it with the NCAA where teams are ranked and it is always a one and one deal (one loss and you're out).

I think DLSU vs FEU is a better match up because DLSU has the confidence that they can battle with FEU. Same thing with ADMU and AdU. After a close game in the 3nd round I think the Falcons feel they can beat ADMU. Hwoever, I doubt the teams will purposely lose just to get the seeding they want. Sometimes it back fires on you (purposely losing a game and you never get to win again).

^the best way for PCCL to appeal to schools is that they shouldnt schedule it right after the UAAP/NCAA season. this will allow the main players time to heal and study and at the same time, the schedule wont coi9ncide with the final exams schedules for various universtities. im thinking january-february will be the best time for PCCL.

as for the UAAP, im thinking DLSU should end up facing FEU. they have big time problems with ADMU, where they just got lucky with the 1st game and got clobbered in the 2nd. matchup wise i think they could go toe to toe with FEU.

just my thoughts

Originally Posted by jeyps11cab

@davey - Yeah, UAAP season is really the main "season" for UA teams. After this their most of the players rest. But if ABS slowly builds the PCCL as a great tournament it is supposed to be then it could be part 2 of the college basketball season. Like the NCAA in the US, they have conferences but everyone is still waiting for the March Madness. They have to make sure though that they fix the schedule of the PCCL that it doesn't mess up the study time of the players (weekend games) and maybe pattern it with the NCAA where teams are ranked and it is always a one and one deal (one loss and you're out).

I think DLSU vs FEU is a better match up because DLSU has the confidence that they can battle with FEU. Same thing with ADMU and AdU. After a close game in the 3nd round I think the Falcons feel they can beat ADMU. Hwoever, I doubt the teams will purposely lose just to get the seeding they want. Sometimes it back fires on you (purposely losing a game and you never get to win again).
I think the one-loss-you're-out deal is already in place in the PCCL. In a way, it is already a March Madness-type tourney, albeit w/o any fanfare. As for the rankings, I think the top 4 in the NCAA & UAAP leagues are automatically included in the "elite" 8. The others will compete in the regionals. The winning teams from the regionals, together with the elite 8, enter the SWEET 16... down to the top 8... top 4... then the finals.

However, the system is really messy since collegiate leagues do not start and finish simultaneously. That adds up to the scheduling problems of the league. Hopefully in a few years time (and with the RIGHT people to run it), the PCCL would come out like we all wanted to.

I don't think anyone would like to tank a game for seeding purposes. One loss can doom your season altogether. Y'all remember when NU beat Ateneo, who then lost to La Salle in the step-ladder phase. ("... two is better than three!" -Franz Pumaren)
happy.gif

But they still run an elimination round if I am not mistaken. All teams who qualify are grouped and there is a pool play. After that a number of teams per group advance to the knock out stage of the tourney. I guess one of the reasons why the March Madness is successful is it only takes a couple of weekends for teams to play through it (and less if you get eliminated early). With pool play and knockout included scheduling becomes a problem for the PCCL tourney.

If they want the scheduling to work then they have to work with the other leagues (especially the provincial ones) to make sure that they start and end relatively at the same time (first semester of the school year). It will really be like an NCAA Tournament set up. You have the league play (ACC, WAC, Big Ten, Pac 10 etc). Then qualifying teams move on to the NCAA Tournament.

LA Revilla is back!

After his first game against SSC-B in FMC, I think it's safe to say that he's way better than the current PGs in team A.

pimp.gif

^yo andre did they broadcast it on tv?

i always liked LA's game since his rookie year. has the courage to lead the team on the floor and makes good decisions with the ball. steady outside shooting and has the speed to slash through the hoop.

thanks for sharing!

Nope D, no TV coverage for the FMC.

Players that will most likely be elavated to team A next year are Dan Sara, Norbert Torres, LA Revilla and Louie Vigil.

Van Oppstal isn't on Team B but will also join Team A next year.

nice! norberto torres/greg slaughter match up will be something to look forward to. i hope he's as good as everyone is anticipating him to be and dont end up to be another batricevic...

thanks for the "inside scoop" andre!

He's playing pretty well in the FMC, I just hope it translates to the UAAP. Another big guy serving residency in team B is 6'7 Brian Organ. Also watch out for Gallarza and Marcelino in 2 years.

lots of inside info andre, thanks for the 411. always liked how la revilla plays. but lately tolentino is playing well as well. he just have to lessen the forced 3pt shots or better yet work on it during the offseason.

laugh.gif

Some players taking up residency for UP are rumored to be leaving because they aren't being treated properly.

Also, Kiefer Ravena had a verbal agreement with UP coach Aboy Castro about joining UP, but I guess those plans left with Aboy Castro when he resigned from the UP program.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

laugh.gif

Some players taking up residency for UP are rumored to be leaving because they aren't being treated properly.

Also, Kiefer Ravena had a verbal agreement with UP coach Aboy Castro about joining UP, but I guess those plans left with Aboy Castro when he resigned from the UP program.

Try out na lang sila sa Letran. Libreng extra rice sila dun
laugh.gif

For the record, he did not resign. He was told to leave.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

For the record, he did not resign. He was told to leave.

in other words you're fired.
mad.gif

Coach Aboy Castro won in the end.
laugh.gif

His recruits want to play for Ateneo. Norman Black is very thankful for Chris Ball.

Alam naman pala ni Kevin Alas yung drop-pass at decoy play....
roll.gif

They won yesterday against CSB ...consolation na lang yung PCCL league. Goodbye final 4
Jun Alas is quite improving same with Raymond Almazan (next Mark Andaya in the making
pimp.gif
)

Next game bwakaw mode ulit si Kevin
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

tough game for DLSU today. I think the FEU team they will face today is a different team from the one they played in the eliminations. But still hoping for a big upset. Animo.

Back
Top Bottom