2010 NFL Draft Completed! T-MINUS 362 DAY Till 2011 NFL DRAFT (1st page update w/all pick)

overall I'm ok with the Steelers draft so far. They love taking the "small" DE and making him an OLB in the 3-4 (see Woodley), and with Santonio gone WR was a need. I'm curious if they aren't drafting CBs due to the fact that the ones they drafted last year are coming along......hmmmm

That or Colbert is just ignoring a glaring need

I thought Gerhart in the second was a waste. 

They used a 2nd rounder on a guy you DON'T want on the field, cuz that would mean your best player isn't on the field. 

To me it's the same as the Colts taking a QB in the second cuz they have no other needs, and it's good value.  Screw that.  Take a player that is gonna get lots of snaps, another DE, another WR, another O lineman for the right side, whatever.  To me, it was simply a missed pick.  I know they need to backfil for Chester leaving, but get that guy later in the draft, Dwyer is still out there, and the 4th round starts tomorrow, what would be the difference? 

Just the way I look at it. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

Was out tonight and wasn't here to hear what/if you guys talked about the Vikings draft.

Chris Cook and Toby Gerhart.

Good/Bad? What are y'all thinkin?
I like the Cook pick. They wanted a cb, with the cbs left on the board cook fits their scheme the best and has the ability to develop into a real good corner in the league. I dont know about the gerhart pick, couldve used a saftey or maybe a qb but I guess gerhart is fine for a number 2 rb.

Originally Posted by CP1708

They used a 2nd rounder on a guy you DON'T want on the field, cuz that would mean your best player isn't on the field. 

To me it's the same as the Colts taking a QB in the second cuz they have no other needs, and it's good value.  Screw that.  Take a player that is gonna get lots of snaps, another DE, another WR, another O lineman for the right side, whatever.  To me, it was simply a missed pick.  I know they need to backfil for Chester leaving, but get that guy later in the draft, Dwyer is still out there, and the 4th round starts tomorrow, what would be the difference? 

Yeah yeah I understand that. Thing is, there were some rumors from a couple of Viking beat writers that the front office was debating on taking Jahvid Best at #30, so if you think second round would've been bad to take a player that you don't want on the field....I don't know what you'd possibly say if the Vikings took a RB at 30
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I like what you said about another O-Lineman. The Vikings definitely could have used that (might address it later but round 4-7 picks are far more misses than hits). Sounds like the Vikings were targeting Patrick Robinson the whole time and thought they could move back a few spots and still get him, but the Saints sniped them at #32.

In my opinion, Toby Gerhart was a panic pick by Minnesota. What they had planned to do in the draft wasn't exactly going their way, so they had to adjust. He'll come in and contribute right away though. And I understand the "cuz that would mean your best player is off the field" thing, but the Vikings need insurance for AP when he gets all butter fingers on them again next season.

This may be out there, but Gerhart was the most impressive offensive individual to me last season. He didn't have the workout number that blow you away, but the guy was a stud. Suh was the most impressive defensive individual, if it matters.
Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

I like the Cook pick. They wanted a cb, with the cbs left on the board cook fits their scheme the best and has the ability to develop into a real good corner in the league. I dont know about the gerhart pick, couldve used a saftey or maybe a qb but I guess gerhart is fine for a number 2 rb.
I don't know much about Cook. I just hope the Vikings knew what they were doing with that. I really wish Kyle Wilson had dropped to 30 and then we had a Wilson/Gerhart duo.

The Vikings VP of player ops said Cook's going to stay at CB full time by the way.

Elite QBs take 100% of the snaps on offense, elite running backs don't - no matter how good they are. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Jimmy and Smitty..LETS GET IT.

I knew that Allen was somewhere celebrating.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

AFC North getting stronger........

Ravens
sick.gif
smh.gif
.. They've had a great offseason.

Cincy has had a pretty draft. Still need to address safety, guard, and some depth at LB. I don't think that we'll get to all of it though.

[h1]Round 4 mock draft[/h1][h3]Philadelphia Eagles look to capitalize with four picks in the fourth round[/h3]
By Todd McShay, Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl
ESPN.com

The two highest-rated players on our board left available are Maryland offensive tackle Bruce Campbell and USC defensive end Everson Griffen, but there is also some very good value to be had.

Find out who Scouts Inc. predicts will be taken with each pick in Round 4.

[h4]Round 4[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Pick (OVR)[/th][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Position[/th][th=""]School[/th][/tr][tr][td]1 (99)[/td][td]St. Louis Rams[/td][td]Al Woods[/td][td]DT[/td][td]LSU[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 (100)[/td][td]Minnesota Vikings
(from DET)[/td][td]Geno Atkins[/td][td]DT[/td][td]Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]3 (101)[/td][td]Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/td][td]Everson Griffen[/td][td]DE[/td][td]USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]4 (102)[/td][td]Houston Texans
(from KAN)[/td][td]Eric Norwood[/td][td]OLB[/td][td]South Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]5 (103)[/td][td]Washington ********[/td][td]Reshad Jones[/td][td]S[/td][td]Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]6 (104)[/td][td]Seattle Seahawks[/td][td]Joe McKnight[/td][td]RB[/td][td]USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]7 (105)[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles
(from CLE)[/td][td]Dominique Franks[/td][td]CB[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]8 (106)[/td][td]Oakland Raiders[/td][td]Tony Pike[/td][td]QB[/td][td]Cincinnati[/td][/tr][tr][td]9 (107)[/td][td]Buffalo Bills[/td][td]Ricky Sapp[/td][td]DE[/td][td]Clemson[/td][/tr][tr][td]10 (108)[/td][td]Jacksonville Jaguars[/td][td]Anthony Dixon[/td][td]RB[/td][td]Mississippi State[/td][/tr][tr][td]11 (109)[/td][td]Chicago Bears[/td][td]Bruce Campbell[/td][td]OT[/td][td]Maryland[/td][/tr][tr][td]12 (110)[/td][td]San Diego Chargers
(from MIA)[/td][td]Anthony McCoy[/td][td]TE[/td][td]USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]13 (111)[/td][td]Tennessee Titans[/td][td]Corey Wootton[/td][td]DE[/td][td]Northwestern[/td][/tr][tr][td]14 (112)[/td][td]Carolina Panthers[/td][td]Dennis Pitta[/td][td]TE[/td][td]BYU[/td][/tr][tr][td]15 (113)[/td][td]New England Patriots
(from SF via DEN)[/td][td]Jonathan Dwyer[/td][td]RB[/td][td]Georgia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]16 (114)[/td][td]Baltimore Ravens
(from DEN)[/td][td]Akwasi Owusu-Ansah[/td][td]CB[/td][td]Indiana (PA)[/td][/tr][tr][td]17 (115)[/td][td]New York Giants[/td][td]Jamar Chaney[/td][td]ILB[/td][td]Mississippi State[/td][/tr][tr][td]18 (116)[/td][td]Pittsburgh Steelers[/td][td]Walter Thurmond[/td][td]CB[/td][td]Oregon[/td][/tr][tr][td]19 (117)[/td][td]Atlanta Falcons[/td][td]Selvish Capers[/td][td]OT[/td][td]West Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]20 (118)[/td][td]Houston Texans[/td][td]Perry Riley[/td][td]OLB[/td][td]LSU[/td][/tr][tr][td]21 (119)[/td][td]Dallas Cowboys
(from NE)[/td][td]Perrish Cox[/td][td]CB[/td][td]Oklahoma State[/td][/tr][tr][td]22 (120)[/td][td]Cincinnati Bengals[/td][td]Arthur Jones[/td][td]DT[/td][td]Syracuse[/td][/tr][tr][td]23 (121)[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles[/td][td]David Reed[/td][td]WR[/td][td]Utah[/td][/tr][tr][td]24 (122)[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles
(from GB)[/td][td]Aaron Hernandez[/td][td]TE[/td][td]Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]25 (123)[/td][td]Arizona Cardinals
(from BAL)[/td][td]Arthur Moats[/td][td]OLB[/td][td]James Madison[/td][/tr][tr][td]26 (124)[/td][td]New York Jets
(from ARI)[/td][td]Edward Wang[/td][td]OT[/td][td]Virginia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]27 (125)[/td][td]Philadelphia Eagles
(from DAL)[/td][td]Syd'Quan Thompson[/td][td]CB[/td][td]California[/td][/tr][tr][td]28 (126)[/td][td]Miami Dolphins
(from SD)[/td][td]Cam Thomas[/td][td]NT[/td][td]North Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]29 (127)[/td][td]Seattle Seahawks
(from NYJ via PHI)[/td][td]Greg Hardy[/td][td]DE[/td][td]Mississippi[/td][/tr][tr][td]30 (128)[/td][td]Detroit Lions
(from MIN)[/td][td]Roddrick Muckelroy[/td][td]ILB[/td][td]Texas[/td][/tr][tr][td]31 (129)[/td][td]Indianapolis Colts[/td][td]Riley Cooper[/td][td]WR[/td][td]Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]32 (130)[/td][td]New Orleans Saints[/td][td]Dorin Dickerson[/td][td]TE[/td][td]Pittsburgh[/td][/tr][tr][td]33 (131)[/td][td]Cincinnati Bengals
(Compensatory pick)[/td][td]Tony Washington[/td][td]OT[/td][td]Abilene Christian[/td][/tr][/table]

The NFL is a 2 back league. There is absolutely NO similarity between them taking a RB and the Colts taking a QB

Mardy's stock has really fallen that much, huh?

I think it's safe to say New Orleans won't take a second tight end to be their third tight end.

I hope my boy Robby Parris gets picked up in the 7th tomorrow.  He's on numerous teams' draft boards...

UDFA isn't always the worst thing when you're in that position though.

havent gotten a chance to catch the draft because of work, but how do you all like the new scheduling? how long is the draft, a couple hrs a rd?

RB, OL are the two KEY areas left to address for NE. after that, DB and DL, and the rest is all gravy imo

I'M happy the bears pick a FS I heard of instead of a unknown safety from southwest Utah junior college now if we get a guard I will be very happy.

********...must....resist....OTs....from....Maryland

laugh.gif

Interesting that Dwyer and Blount are still on the board...I know someone who would love to have Blount on this team
laugh.gif

Chris Cook is a lazy bum.

*thumbs up to Jermaine Cunningham going before Dunlap.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Major wright Bears got a good player

smh.gif
Jerome Murphy *facepalm*

4 picks in the 4th round after wheeling and dealing.  Eagles still need to address OLine and CB. 

UDub Huskies fans/PAC-10 followers, I want some briefing on Daniel NeoTeshiem (sp?)

Cincy pulls Gresham, Dunlap, Shipley, and Ghee. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

That's not bad and at the 21 spot no less.  In the old days these fools woulda done what Jax did in this draft. 
sick.gif
sick.gif

We like to forget about the old days
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

********...must....resist....OTs....from....Maryland

laugh.gif

Interesting that Dwyer and Blount are still on the board...I know someone who would love to have Blount on this team
laugh.gif

2/3 of our RB's are knuckleheads....why not add Blount to the mix? 
laugh.gif
Dude WAS 2nd round material before he put Hout to sleep.  A lot of good talent still left on the board....

As far as Dwyer...maybe Shanny sees a little of Mike Anderson in him... who knows???  Bruce Campbell is a project in every sense of the word.  I wouldn't be mad if we took another o-lineman for depth purposes, cause Lord knows they gotta do all they can to protect McNabb and not put him behind a shoddy line like what they had last year. 

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

4 picks in the 4th round after wheeling and dealing.  Eagles still need to address OLine and CB. 

UDub Huskies fans/PAC-10 followers, I want some briefing on Daniel NeoTeshiem (sp?)
 has a great motor doesnt stop, great character, a pretty solid athlete...i think he'll be productive in the league no doubt....kid has drive

Colts need linebackers and secondary .... they should use all their remaining pics on that ...

they need to stop playing the cover 2 ...

they could also use a running game ...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

overall I'm ok with the Steelers draft so far. They love taking the "small" DE and making him an OLB in the 3-4 (see Woodley), and with Santonio gone WR was a need. I'm curious if they aren't drafting CBs due to the fact that the ones they drafted last year are coming along......hmmmm

That or Colbert is just ignoring a glaring need

Totally forgot about Burnett and Lewis from last year. We need someone to start opposite Ike, because Gay is terrible. Constantly being picked by QBs and RBs alike. (See Adrian Peterson
smh.gif
)

I really dont understand taking an OLB in the 2nd. Remember Alonzo Jackson?  

I hope they take a DE or DT in the 4th. Aaron is a senior citizen. But I never really question the Steelers draft choices. They're usually right.

So why is Everson Griffin dropping so far? What are these character concerns they've been talking about? He sounds a little special in an interview I watched but he looks like a beast in highlights

Back
Top Bottom