:::2011-2012 Houston Texans Fans Thread:::

Originally Posted by moundraised23

^lol, u may be right

Feelsbadman.....feels bad
laugh.gif
when guys get Peyton back you'll be alright.

Henzgod in the texans thread
eek.gif
, we're winning the superbowl
pimp.gif

red zone issues again. overall im not upset losing to the saints. as long as you go 2-1 against the steelers raiders and ravens these next 3 weeks, the rest of the schedule is almost cake.

^My exact thoughts. This is the toughest stretch of games they'll probably have all year. 4-2 this year will actually feel better than last years 4-2 based on the competition,
My main concern right now is Arian's health and how long it'll take for that hamstring to recover, it's not one of those injuries that has a precise recovery time-line.

And how do you guys feel about Schaub? They were killing him on the radio today.
My feelings are that he's a good qb and more than capable of leading this team to the playoffs. My main gripe with him is that he tightens up sometimes in key moments and throws
the most un-timely picks( he has led us in comeback wins though). Also his arm strength limits him and certain throws he can make i.e. hitting people in stride.

Originally Posted by blackxme

^My exact thoughts. This is the toughest stretch of games they'll probably have all year. 4-2 this year will actually feel better than last years 4-2 based on the competition,
My main concern right now is Arian's health and how long it'll take for that hamstring to recover, it's not one of those injuries that has a precise recovery time-line.

And how do you guys feel about Schaub? They were killing him on the radio today.
My feelings are that he's a good qb and more than capable of leading this team to the playoffs. My main gripe with him is that he tightens up sometimes in key moments and throws
the most un-timely picks( he has led us in comeback wins though). Also his arm strength limits him and certain throws he can make i.e. hitting people in stride.
i think Arian Foster's health is a big issue because he is a very key part to our red zone success...or failure. with that said, i really don't want to rush him back and have him hurt himself again. tate is solid, but let's not fool ourselves. ben tate is not arian foster. i think the signing of chris ogbonnaya (
pimp.gif
) is to insure we dont feel compelled to rush arian back.

Schaub is a very capable quarterback but i've always had a tough time gauging how good he is or how good he can be. i think the hate he was getting on the radio is somewhat unwarranted, but that's always going to happen when you lose a football game. ask Kyle Orton, Eli Manning etc. his lack of arm strength is frustrating because i feel we can't really stretch the ball too far down field, and it scares the hell out of me every time he throws to the sideline because it may very well end up in a pick 6. and yes there have been times where he has tightened up in crunch time, but how soon we forget the washington game last year where Schaub led us back in the 2nd half capping it off with this TD to andre

s100919_Hou-Wash1pg-vertical.jpg

mediaManager

or how about the game at Miami a couple years ago where Schaub led us back in the 4th, which featured this catch by andre

http://www.youtube.com/wa... (embed fail, sorry guise)

with that said, despite Schaub's "shortcomings" we still scored 33 against the saints. you can sit here and say, oh well if he had Jay Cutler's arm strength maybe we could've scored 50+ last sunday and easily won.....but Jay Cutler is also a INT machine unlike Schaub.

overall, this is a very good football team and we all know it. its disheartening to see them lose a game like that because they showed they can hang with one of the NFL's perennial top teams for the last few years. there is no shame losing to the Saints, who's only loss came AT LAMBEAU where they stood toe to toe with the defending champs. the coming weeks should show us where we are, and hopefully it's playoff bound.

i love you guys. no romo.

shouts to henz0 for being a closet texans fan. i see you here and i saw you in the NFL best QB/WR/RB combo thread backing me on the texans.

Last edited:
longest 2 weeks of my life
30t6p3b.gif

first drive was
eek.gif
95 yard TD drive, and took 11 minutes off the clock. ben tate apparently hurt his groin and went to the locker room so ogbonnaya might get some touches 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Even after Dre going down with the hammy we still were able to win. But these second half performances are very reminiscent of last year.
We can't keep playing great 1st half's and letting teams get back in it.

Oh and I have my own quote ready for the week in review thread:
"The Texans will be 2-2 after Week 4"- Cowboy fan who is a clown

Yo how many Steeler fans were there? That !%@! looked ridiculous. 

Way too many man, for every 3 Texans fan there was a Steelers fan waving their piss towels around 
sick.gif

They were hella quiet leaving the game tho 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airpirate545

Yo how many Steeler fans were there? That !%@! looked ridiculous. 

Way too many man, for every 3 Texans fan there was a Steelers fan waving their piss towels around 
sick.gif

They were hella quiet leaving the game tho 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And the only thing Kubiak has said about Dre is that he's going to get several opinions and that he will miss some time.
That's some really vague info, but football coaches are known for holding back.

Andre Johnson had a procedure done on his hamstring today, could miss 3 weeks. Procedure was to prevent scar tissue and speed the recovery

Hopefully Jacoby and Walter step it up, granted that Schaub hardly targets them.

Back
Top Bottom