2011, Best Jordan retros year ever?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Come on you serious?.... 2011 is a ****** or centimeter compared to the early 2000's.  

And just for emphasis so you can see how silly it is to say that 2011 is going to produce the best Jordan retros ever.  Oh yeah, and let's not forgot how gigantic the gap is between quality then, and now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Holiday 2000 through all of 2001 best season ever!!!!  

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Dec 2000 - Space Jams XI's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Mar 2001 - Cool Grey XI's

Apr & May 2001 - XI's low tops

Jul 2001 - Black/Cement III's

Aug 2001 - White/Red XVI's, White/Navy 1's, Black/Red 1's, Navy 1's

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Oct 2001 - Royal blue 1's & Grey 1's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

December 2001 - Black/Red XI's

This /thread....

Originally Posted by CuteUglyhaha

Come on you serious?.... 2011 is a ****** or centimeter compared to the early 2000's.  

And just for emphasis so you can see how silly it is to say that 2011 is going to produce the best Jordan retros ever.  Oh yeah, and let's not forgot how gigantic the gap is between quality then, and now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

I see most people are considering the 4th quarter of the year to the following year as one...I used to remember a year started from January to December...btw the list you put is great for a XI fan...
"In one year", 2011's a great year for Jordan retros as it shows a lot of diversity...I (White/Wolf Grey, White/Obsidian, White/University Blue, White/Pine Green, White/Midnight, White/Red, White/Maize, White/Royal), III (True Blue, White/Cement, Black/Cement, BHM, Stealth), IV (Doernbecher), V (Bin 23, Quai54, Tokyo, Wolf Grey, Metallic, Obsidian), VII (Orion, Cardinal, Bordeaux, YOTR) XI (Concord, Black/Red I.E., White/Black I.E.),  XII (Low-Top Black/Red), XIII (All-Star, Ray Allen), XIV (Black/Red, Midnight).

Quality > Quantity
and 2001 happened to supply both
glasses.gif

01 hands down, nothing of this day in age could I consider "the best" because of the change in shape of shoes and quality.
As far as models released, great year. Don't have to read threads about people complaining for bordeaux anymore either

Im gonna have to go with 2000-2001.. This year is great though & it will continue in 2012.

Going by the rumors 2012 looks pretty stacked. 10s, 14s, tons of 4s, 12s, 11 mid like the past couple years, 16s, 17s, probably something special for the Olympics and patent 11 lows. Aslo the AJ 2012s might be good, you never know 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

QFT. Releases, prices, or quality. However you want to look at it it's 2001>2011. It's not even close.

If the Columbias come out in 2012, that will be the hammest.... but I hate to say that with all these releases, they honestly don't mean jack if the quality is poor. I was SO dissapointed in the True Blue IIIs. The shoes just looked so chunky and not as neat as previous releases. Quantity of releases is nice, but quality is probably even more important.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oct 2000 - Concord XI's

Nov 2000 - Olympic 6's

Jan 2001 - Columbia XI's

Feb 2001 - Jordan XVI

Sept 2001 - Mocha 3's

Nov 2001 - True Blue 3's

You left out the best part
XI's $125  low tops $105
III $100
I $90
XVI $160
tired.gif
 the start
VI $110
great price and quality
pimp.gif

This year would be so much more promising if quality was up to par.

I've come to accept where we stand with quality but some classics

have and will drop/dropped this year. If JB delivered 2000 quality it

would be worth the 2011 pricing. Holiday 2010 till holiday 2011 is delivering

a great deal of highly coveted colorways.

I hate when people talk about quality and then keep their shoes deadstock.. which is the majority of so called "sneakerheads"...If you just creep around on concrete and go to a few sneaker shoes shut up about quality. If you play basketball everyday and run around all day then feel free to @%%$% about quality.

Jordan III - White/Cement, True Blue, and Black/Cement 
pimp.gif

Jordan XI - Concord
Jordan XIII - All-Star

This is so far a great year of top favorites! Who else think this is the best year for retros?
my fav list for 2011. U could also throw in the cool grey 11s since they dropped a week before 2011

Originally Posted by green rhino123

on paper maybe, but then take a good look at the actual shoes that released
and how they compare to past releases

if the og colorway AJ4's drop all in one year (2012) - on paper it might look like it was
just as good a year for the 4 as 1989...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]this[/color]. I'd rather have just one good quality retro than all the garbage they're put out this year...

2001 was the best year.

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

I hate when people talk about quality and then keep their shoes deadstock.. which is the majority of so called "sneakerheads"...If you just creep around on concrete and go to a few sneaker shoes shut up about quality. If you play basketball everyday and run around all day then feel free to @%%$% about quality.

I think this works better here lol

I think most people prefer the '99-'01 span.  Not that I don't like the shoes that came out this year, but I have all my shoes from that time frame and just never felt the need to pick up what I already have.  But that's just how I do.  Others may feel different, and that's cool.

I see most people are considering the 4th quarter of the year to the following year as one...I used to remember a year started from January to December...btw the list you put is great for a XI fan...
"In one year", 2011's a great year for Jordan retros as it shows a lot of diversity...I (White/Wolf Grey, White/Obsidian, White/University Blue, White/Pine Green, White/Midnight, White/Red, White/Maize, White/Royal), III (True Blue, White/Cement, Black/Cement, BHM, Stealth), IV (Doernbecher), V (Bin 23, Quai54, Tokyo, Wolf Grey, Metallic, Obsidian), VII (Orion, Cardinal, Bordeaux, YOTR) XI (Concord, Black/Red I.E., White/Black I.E.),  XII (Low-Top Black/Red), XIII (All-Star, Ray Allen), XIV (Black/Red, Midnight).

You're serious??   
Diversity?  More like watered down diversity.  

1's  
laugh.gif

Aside from the III's, XI's and IV's, everything else is overpriced trash, and hypebeast magnets.  

As you can see, by the replies, nothing will compare to the previous era, it's a fact.  Plastic shiny leather on 3's, and banana shaped XI's are not gonna top 2001.  

Oh and by the way, I just put the quarter half of 2000 as a cherry on top. 

2001 was great for any fan actually, not just XI's.  

Back
Top Bottom