2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't know how y'all can root for a heartless dude like that in boxing.
he came forward the whole fight..... past is the past now.
let homie shine ...also he took them power shots by berto real good i though he was gone in the 6th.

he came forward the whole fight..... past is the past now.
let homie shine ...also he took them power shots by berto real good i though he was gone in the 6th.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

GREAT @#%#@%* NIGHT FOR BOXING  
Yep, minus the Khan-McCloskey fight (which apparently no one saw)
laugh.gif

2 Great upsets tonight. Didn't think Ortiz would go out there & handle his business the way he did. He was in control for almost the whole fight. Ortiz really gave Berto all he could handle. That 6th round was crazy. He got knocked down & then knocked Berto down. Entertaining match the whole way through. I had a feeling that Berto would lose when he got in the ring with a big puncher. He doesn't take a good punch. He lost his legs at the end of the first round & never seemed to gain them back.

Great fight by Salido. He was landing some devastating shots. The ref stopped the fight way too early. Lopez was getting hit but he was throwing back. But I still think Salido would have stopped him later on in that round. His shots were landing with more accuracy & more power as the round went on. One of the best boxing nights there have been in a while.

2 Great upsets tonight. Didn't think Ortiz would go out there & handle his business the way he did. He was in control for almost the whole fight. Ortiz really gave Berto all he could handle. That 6th round was crazy. He got knocked down & then knocked Berto down. Entertaining match the whole way through. I had a feeling that Berto would lose when he got in the ring with a big puncher. He doesn't take a good punch. He lost his legs at the end of the first round & never seemed to gain them back.

Great fight by Salido. He was landing some devastating shots. The ref stopped the fight way too early. Lopez was getting hit but he was throwing back. But I still think Salido would have stopped him later on in that round. His shots were landing with more accuracy & more power as the round went on. One of the best boxing nights there have been in a while.

laugh.gif
...you're brutal.
I'm happy for Ortiz. Seems like a humble, good kid, and he obviously has the talent. It was always just his mental make=up...

But you can't say this dude doesn't have heart after what he took in the 6th round...amazing...

Props to both fighters...

On another note, I'm crushed to see my Puerto Rican brethren go down like that...

Completely ruins the Gamboa fight...

A lot of people I was with and on the net were complaining about the stoppage...I didn't think it was that bad...

He was taking a sustained  beating and his legs were completely shot...he wasn't coming back from that

laugh.gif
...you're brutal.
I'm happy for Ortiz. Seems like a humble, good kid, and he obviously has the talent. It was always just his mental make=up...

But you can't say this dude doesn't have heart after what he took in the 6th round...amazing...

Props to both fighters...

On another note, I'm crushed to see my Puerto Rican brethren go down like that...

Completely ruins the Gamboa fight...

A lot of people I was with and on the net were complaining about the stoppage...I didn't think it was that bad...

He was taking a sustained  beating and his legs were completely shot...he wasn't coming back from that

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

2 years later and Ortiz looking better than Maidana wut
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

u srs?

Anyways, it was a great night for boxing.

But I still think Maidana would handle Ortiz if they ever rematched. (Which I think is very possible since Ortiz is now a titleholder and I think Maidana wants a title).

And something in Juanma's eyes didn't look right before the fight, not making excuses as I am a Gamboa >> Juanma supporter, but I'm just sayin that there was something in Juanma's eyes that didn't seem right to me. But major props to Salido on the win, the better man won tonight.But I do think that the stoppage was a bit early, I always thought you're supposed to let the champ go out on his shield.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

2 years later and Ortiz looking better than Maidana wut
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

u srs?

Anyways, it was a great night for boxing.

But I still think Maidana would handle Ortiz if they ever rematched. (Which I think is very possible since Ortiz is now a titleholder and I think Maidana wants a title).

And something in Juanma's eyes didn't look right before the fight, not making excuses as I am a Gamboa >> Juanma supporter, but I'm just sayin that there was something in Juanma's eyes that didn't seem right to me. But major props to Salido on the win, the better man won tonight.But I do think that the stoppage was a bit early, I always thought you're supposed to let the champ go out on his shield.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Your a bum Judah fan tho.....

Dang can dude get some credit after beating one of the hottest people in boxing! Same results would happen if they fought again. Berto was exposed as one dimensional. Mr. Right hand and that's it. Smh

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Your a bum Judah fan tho.....

Dang can dude get some credit after beating one of the hottest people in boxing! Same results would happen if they fought again. Berto was exposed as one dimensional. Mr. Right hand and that's it. Smh

Not sure same results would happen if they fought again. Some people learn from their mistakes after their first L, and maybe Ortiz is a good example. Hated him for the way he quit after the Maidana fight, but maybe that L and the embarassment after that fight was what he needed to realize what kind of mentality he needed to be a fighter. People can change, not just their skills, but their determination/mindset (for better or for worse). I wouldn't be mad if people are giving Ortiz some respect now. Berto always had 2 flaws: holds instead of fighting inside, and questionable chin. Don't think he'll ever be able to fix that completely, but I'd like to see that fight again without Berto getting hurt in the first round.

Not sure same results would happen if they fought again. Some people learn from their mistakes after their first L, and maybe Ortiz is a good example. Hated him for the way he quit after the Maidana fight, but maybe that L and the embarassment after that fight was what he needed to realize what kind of mentality he needed to be a fighter. People can change, not just their skills, but their determination/mindset (for better or for worse). I wouldn't be mad if people are giving Ortiz some respect now. Berto always had 2 flaws: holds instead of fighting inside, and questionable chin. Don't think he'll ever be able to fix that completely, but I'd like to see that fight again without Berto getting hurt in the first round.

laugh.gif
have we met? I've never been a Judah fan, I only bring him up to $%@+ with Dre
laugh.gif

Maybe I was a little too harsh on Ortiz. It was a great fight and a good night for boxing overall
pimp.gif

The Khan/McCloskey stoppage looked really fishy
laugh.gif
I think that JML stoppage was a little too soon but Arum really screwed the pooch on this one. Salido put Gamboa down and put up a hell of a fight so last night wasn't too surprising.

Back
Top Bottom