2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

JMM needs to request a 140 limit to make this fight interesting. However with Berto losing to Ortiz a PAC vs. Ortiz 2.0 would be very interesting.

JMM needs to request a 140 limit to make this fight interesting. However with Berto losing to Ortiz a PAC vs. Ortiz 2.0 would be very interesting.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

You already know the fight will be at 147... Because that's what manny and his team will want

Yeah which is BS. It definitely needs to be 140. If its 147, I wanna see Ortiz vs Pac next, guaranteed fireworks!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

You already know the fight will be at 147... Because that's what manny and his team will want

Yeah which is BS. It definitely needs to be 140. If its 147, I wanna see Ortiz vs Pac next, guaranteed fireworks!

Article Link - [url=http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=38495#ixzz1KeQgMDY7]http://www.boxingscene.co...p;id=38495#ixzz1KeQgMDY7[/url]
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

According to reports in Mexico, WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez is leaning in the direction of accepting an offer to fight Manny Pacquiao for a third time in October. According to Univision, the boxer received a formal written offer from Pacquiao's promoter Top Rank with financial details that are reportedly enticing to the boxer.

Marquez also has a lucrative two-fight deal on the table from Golden Boy Promotions, who also have the ability to match Top Rank's offer. The Mexican champion announced that he was a free agent a few weeks ago, and in several recent reports on BoxingScene.com he made indications that a trilogy with Pacquiao was his year-end goal.

Since Pacquiao's decision loss to Erik Morales in 2005, Marquez has been the only fighter to give the Filipino star some very difficult moments. They went to draw in 2004 and Pacquiao won a close split decision in the 2008 rematch. Many of those at ringside had scored the rematch in favor of Marquez and it left unfinished business for both.

Pacquiao has a fight lined up with former three division champion Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Article Link - [url=http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=38489#ixzz1KeR1JKGm]http://www.boxingscene.co...p;id=38489#ixzz1KeR1JKGm[/url]
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Lem Satterfield

According to sources close to the negotiations, there is "no commitment completed for the Tim Bradley-Amir Khan fight," on July 23, and "The fight's not done."

On Monday, WBA 140-pound champion Amir Khan said he agreed to the fight on his end, and was waiting for Bradley's side to reach a deal.

"On July 23rd I want to fight Tim Bradley. I have agreed on the fight and told Golden Boy to sign. Now HBO and us are waiting on Bradley and his team. The fight is more likely to be in America," Khan said.

Sources indicate that failure to come to an agreement over the amount of money being offered to Bradley's side could cause the fighter to seek another opponent other than Khan.

"The fight's not done, and it's not because of the fight. It's because of outside of the ring issues. Financial matters and other matters have to be resolved." according to one source. "There's a lot of things that have to be ironed out, with money being the biggest one. Right now, this fight is not happening. This fight is nowhere close to happening."

BTW, they have Manny fighting old P4P champions in simulations using Fight Night on ESPN.com.

Article Link - [url=http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=38495#ixzz1KeQgMDY7]http://www.boxingscene.co...p;id=38495#ixzz1KeQgMDY7[/url]

By Miguel Rivera

According to reports in Mexico, WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez is leaning in the direction of accepting an offer to fight Manny Pacquiao for a third time in October. According to Univision, the boxer received a formal written offer from Pacquiao's promoter Top Rank with financial details that are reportedly enticing to the boxer.

Marquez also has a lucrative two-fight deal on the table from Golden Boy Promotions, who also have the ability to match Top Rank's offer. The Mexican champion announced that he was a free agent a few weeks ago, and in several recent reports on BoxingScene.com he made indications that a trilogy with Pacquiao was his year-end goal.

Since Pacquiao's decision loss to Erik Morales in 2005, Marquez has been the only fighter to give the Filipino star some very difficult moments. They went to draw in 2004 and Pacquiao won a close split decision in the 2008 rematch. Many of those at ringside had scored the rematch in favor of Marquez and it left unfinished business for both.

Pacquiao has a fight lined up with former three division champion Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Article Link - [url=http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=38489#ixzz1KeR1JKGm]http://www.boxingscene.co...p;id=38489#ixzz1KeR1JKGm[/url]

By Lem Satterfield

According to sources close to the negotiations, there is "no commitment completed for the Tim Bradley-Amir Khan fight," on July 23, and "The fight's not done."

On Monday, WBA 140-pound champion Amir Khan said he agreed to the fight on his end, and was waiting for Bradley's side to reach a deal.

"On July 23rd I want to fight Tim Bradley. I have agreed on the fight and told Golden Boy to sign. Now HBO and us are waiting on Bradley and his team. The fight is more likely to be in America," Khan said.

Sources indicate that failure to come to an agreement over the amount of money being offered to Bradley's side could cause the fighter to seek another opponent other than Khan.

"The fight's not done, and it's not because of the fight. It's because of outside of the ring issues. Financial matters and other matters have to be resolved." according to one source. "There's a lot of things that have to be ironed out, with money being the biggest one. Right now, this fight is not happening. This fight is nowhere close to happening."

BTW, they have Manny fighting old P4P champions in simulations using Fight Night on ESPN.com.

I believe Ortiz v Mayweather is the rumor. On a spanish language show, Ortiz said he is passed Maidana when asked about a potential rematch

I believe Ortiz v Mayweather is the rumor. On a spanish language show, Ortiz said he is passed Maidana when asked about a potential rematch

I read the other day that he said (which is unfounded) that Maidana turned down a rematch. Then he said (which I kinda agree with) that Maidana needs to earn a rematch with him at 147. I still laugh hard when I read that interview where he says Maidana never hurt him and Maidana never knocked him down. Stuff like that makes me refuse to root for him.

BTW, people are still saying PBF/Spadafora is possible
laugh.gif

I read the other day that he said (which is unfounded) that Maidana turned down a rematch. Then he said (which I kinda agree with) that Maidana needs to earn a rematch with him at 147. I still laugh hard when I read that interview where he says Maidana never hurt him and Maidana never knocked him down. Stuff like that makes me refuse to root for him.

BTW, people are still saying PBF/Spadafora is possible
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

2.0?

2.0?

Originally Posted by bleach

2.0?
berto wasnt enough to prove his return fightin maidana is a diff story come on ortiz fight maidana!

Originally Posted by bleach

2.0?
berto wasnt enough to prove his return fightin maidana is a diff story come on ortiz fight maidana!

Originally Posted by So Slickening

I'm a very very very casual boxing fan, I'm mainly a Manny Pacquiao fan. He's the one that brought me to watch boxing. You could've guessed that I'm Filipino.

I just want someone to set the record straight... what's the verdict on Manny's refusal to do the tests set up by Floyd? Is there more evidence that supports Manny using and is afraid to get caught or that he legitimately just doesn't want blood drawn so close to a fight?

With that said, I would be satisfied seeing either JMM or Floyd in the Fall.
Y'all addressed everything but my question
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by So Slickening

I'm a very very very casual boxing fan, I'm mainly a Manny Pacquiao fan. He's the one that brought me to watch boxing. You could've guessed that I'm Filipino.

I just want someone to set the record straight... what's the verdict on Manny's refusal to do the tests set up by Floyd? Is there more evidence that supports Manny using and is afraid to get caught or that he legitimately just doesn't want blood drawn so close to a fight?

With that said, I would be satisfied seeing either JMM or Floyd in the Fall.
Y'all addressed everything but my question
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tommy passed his secondary test

Good.  They said five guys on the card failed tests
eek.gif

SS, supposedly he just doesn't want it done so close to the fight.  From what I remember, the first time he was going back and forth between times of testing and Manny would not agree to it the day of or before the fight so PBF backed out.  Second time around Manny agreed to testing but PBF kept changing up what days he wanted and how many times he wanted Manny to be tested.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tommy passed his secondary test

Good.  They said five guys on the card failed tests
eek.gif

SS, supposedly he just doesn't want it done so close to the fight.  From what I remember, the first time he was going back and forth between times of testing and Manny would not agree to it the day of or before the fight so PBF backed out.  Second time around Manny agreed to testing but PBF kept changing up what days he wanted and how many times he wanted Manny to be tested.

Idk the context or time frame of the interview, but Pac said he's willing to take the tests with no cutoff date

Back
Top Bottom