2012 OFFICIAL NBA Fantasy Basketball Thread

should I drop Ilyasova for Tyler Hansbrough? or Jason Maxiel?

Last edited:
Maxiel is averaging 9 points and 8 rebounds and will get you a block or 2 a night. that isnt worth it? I'm not being facetious, I'm just asking

there is a reason Ersan was being drafted in the early rounds and why their is a lot of focus on him right now in the fantasy world. This is what he was averaging in the final 3 months last year at only 30MPG on a Scott Skiles team no less and he shoots 3s:

DATE MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
February 30.4 5.6-12.4 .451 0.7-1.9 .370 3.0-3.6 .824 10.9 1.4 1.0 0.5 2.2 1.1 14.9
March 31.1 6.3-10.7 .584 1.0-1.9 .517 3.1-3.7 .855 8.8 1.4 0.8 0.8 2.7 1.0 16.7
April 29.5 5.5-10.8 .504 1.5-2.7 .533 2.4-3.4 .703 9.3 1.5 0.7 1.0 2.1 1.7 14.7

Last edited:
Maxiel is averaging 9 points and 8 rebounds and will get you a block or 2 a night. that isnt worth it? I'm not being facetious, I'm just asking
if you are super desperate and lost the first 2 weeks then i'd consider using ersan as a streamer. if you are doing good enough and have easy matchups in the upcoming weeks then i would hold onto him

sweet
pimp.gif

second opinions?
Dog how many people are in your league 
laugh.gif

If there's 10+ then you deserve to auto-win the league for the next 5 years

if its a roto league then there is no weekly matchups so the league basically just goes on all season and your rankings change based upon the categories you increase in each night. as the quantity of your categories increase, so does your league point totals and rankings

Was offered Holiday and Iggy for Duncan and Ellis... should I accept?

My roster:

C     Gortat

C     Big Baby

G     Ellis

G     Lowry

F     Pierce

F     Gay

Util  Duncan

Util  E'Twaun Moore

BN  Hickson

BN  Byron Mullens

My roto standings (4th place, 12-team roto keeper league):

FG%   FT%   3PM   REB   AST   STL   BLK   TO   PTS

3          6         3         12       3        10      11.5   12    7

I foresee the trade boosting my 3pts, asts and maybe stls (Holiday might also be keeper status if his level of production continues) but hurting me in TOs, rebs, blocks, and maybe pts.  But also factor in that I traded for Lowry right before he got so he hasn't contributed to my team yet and I kinda want to see how good my team is when he returns.  My team's weaknesses are glaringly obvious and from his season stats, Lowry's strengths appear to fill those holes.  But is his production enough to booth those categories and my team to first place?  Should I wait for his return or accept the trade?

Need your opinions and expertise.

Was offered Holiday and Iggy for Duncan and Ellis... should I accept?

My roster:

C     Gortat

C     Big Baby

G     Ellis

G     Lowry

F     Pierce

F     Gay

Util  Duncan

Util  E'Twaun Moore

BN  Hickson

BN  Byron Mullens

My roto standings (4th place, 12-team roto keeper league):

FG%   FT%   3PM   REB   AST   STL   BLK   TO   PTS

3          6         3         12       3        10      11.5   12    7

I foresee the trade boosting my 3pts, asts and maybe stls (Holiday might also be keeper status if his level of production continues) but hurting me in TOs, rebs, blocks, and maybe pts.  But also factor in that I traded for Lowry right before he got so he hasn't contributed to my team yet and I kinda want to see how good my team is when he returns.  My team's weaknesses are glaringly obvious and from his season stats, Lowry's strengths appear to fill those holes.  But is his production enough to booth those categories and my team to first place?  Should I wait for his return or accept the trade?

Need your opinions and expertise.
tough decision. the trade is very dead on but i feel that iggy and jrue will play 82 games down the stretch while ellis and duncan will probably be sitting for the later parts of the season. it doesnt hurt your team to trade for them but it also doesnt help it THAT much.

Don't do it....Jrue "Everyday is a Holiday" production is only going to go up once Bynum gets back especially in assists he's a keeper!

^^^Did you mean do it?  I'm getting Holiday in the trade.
tough decision. the trade is very dead on but i feel that iggy and jrue will play 82 games down the stretch while ellis and duncan will probably be sitting for the later parts of the season. it doesnt hurt your team to trade for them but it also doesnt help it THAT much.
I know Duncan will rest and garner the DNP-CDs towards the end of the season but why will Ellis miss games?  It's a very fair trade and likely would've accepted if my team wasn't competitive (building for the future) or directly seen Lowry's effect/contribution (or lack thereof) to my team.

Trading Dragic + Aldridge for Rudy Gay and Griffin.

He said he'll accept it, hope he accepts.

Trading Dragic + Aldridge for Rudy Gay and Griffin.
He said he'll accept it, hope he accepts.
if you're getting goran and la then you won. if you're getting rudy and blake then you lost.
^^^Did you mean do it?  I'm getting Holiday in the trade.

I know Duncan will rest and garner the DNP-CDs towards the end of the season but why will Ellis miss games?  It's a very fair trade and likely would've accepted if my team wasn't competitive (building for the future) or directly seen Lowry's effect/contribution (or lack thereof) to my team.
the past few years ellis has sat out the final games of the season, and might if the bucks arent in the playoff picture. personally i would take the trade. i can see phi and den fighting for home court advantage when it comes to the end of the regular season. but i must warn you, philly and den are teams with multiple options, meaning they dont have  that real first option. so on any given night, any player on those teams can be the best player. so it will be frustrating at times when iggy and holiday give you 10pts and 3 reb only since someone else has exploded that night

Last edited:
Don't!!!! your gonna regret trading Holiday.
Ok, now I think you're messing w/ me.  Holiday is not on my team but I can get him and Iguodala for Duncan and Ellis.  You clearly think highly of Holiday so I'll take it that you're in favor of the trade.  Any other opinions?  All are welcomed.

I wouldn't do it what you should ask yourself is will Dragic match up with holiday stat for stat I doubt that...

I'm getting murked right now. 0-9, I'm getting Gay and Griffin.
Gonna see who I can trade for Griffin.
post your whole team, maybe its just a matter of getting some FA.blake griffin isnt really a good fantasy player, not sure why you want him.

Someone dropped David West for some reason.

Should I grab him?

Chris Paul

Jrue Holiday

George Hill

Klay Thompson

Dion Waiters

James Harden

Carl Landry

Carlos Boozer

Demarcus Cousins

Glen Davis

Greg Monroe

Nikola Pekovic

Someone dropped David West for some reason.

Should I grab him?

Chris Paul

Jrue Holiday

George Hill

Klay Thompson

Dion Waiters

James Harden

Carl Landry

Carlos Boozer

Demarcus Cousins

Glen Davis

Greg Monroe

Nikola Pekovic

Pick him up and grab who? D West is generally a terrible rebounder, but can be a good scorer

Back
Top Bottom