2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I got offered MJD for Trent Richardson and R.White

My leftover WR's would be Percy Harvin, Fitz, and Antonio Brown.

Besides Richardson my only othe RB is the lawfirm.

What do you guys think?

Just drafted last night. Already got two offers.
Offer 1: Jermichael Finley, Lance Moore for Jimmy Graham, Donald Driver
Offer 2: Jermichael Finley, Lance Moore, SF D for Jimmy Graham and Philly D

I know I need to improve my WRs and these deals do that, but I'm having trouble stomaching the thought of giving up Graham

Matt Ryan
Denarius Moore
Eric Decker
Derrik McFadden
Adrian Peterson
Jimmy Graham
Jonathan Stewart
Mark Ingram
Javid Best
Peyton Manning
Brandon Lafelle
Donald Driver

Mason Crosby

Philly D

Thanks champ.

We start 1 QB per week Fitz is my #2, the rest is RB, flex RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D and K.

How should I obtain a better QB? The team that owns Bradshaw has Cam starting and Vick on his bench. Should I offer David Wilson/Fitz for Vick?

Last edited:
I need some help figuring out who to play for my flex this week, pick one:

Fred Davis @ NO
Michael Bush vs. IND

And would you guys start Seattle's defense over Green Bay this week? I have both.
Any kind of feedback would be appreciated!

SNEAKER TALK: You got it, brotha. You're in a unique situation where I'd literally just stay put with your roster. Good problem to have considering how well you initially drafted. What I like to do is wait for desperate managers to approach you with urgent trade offers when injuries accrue, usually tend to favor you (the patient, well-drafted manager).

parada45: I dislike inactive managers. Trade, add, and drop. You can't possibly like your individual team so much that you're against all possible moves. Otherwise why sign up for Fantasy Football? Take chances and risks. More fun that way, especially in hometown leagues with the trash talk.

MJD for Trent and Roddy is not a close offer. That manager is trying to sell you MJD very high with his holdout ended. I know I said to potentially move one of your WRs like Roddy, but not for that package. Think about it, MJD is basically a 14-week player at best. First two weeks are a wash with no value. Rust and adjusting to game speed.

HdBkNIKE: AP is an excellent RB2. Yes, I trust him to return to regular form after injury. Potential for RB1. I have him ranked sixth out of all RBs in standard formats, higher than most fantasy experts. Would handcuff him with Gerhart, Toby can be had relatively late (cheap). End of Round 2 is not a reach for me. Beginning of R3 maybe more appropriate with slightly less risk.

Yes, I see Garcon as RG3's go-to-guy. He could be like Smitty for Cam, not the same numbers or productions, but a deep-threat with the highest targets on the team slightly over Fred Davis. He's best as a WR3 or Flex, but you might be able to skate me with Garcon as a WR2.

Demaryius is a clear second option in Denver to Decker for me. I wouldn't draft Thomas before Decker in any format or league. I'm curious if Tamme steals targets from Demaryius also, given Peyton's love for utilizing the TE like Dallas Clark in Indy. Demaryius, like Garcon, can be used as a WR2. But I prefer him as a WR3 or Flex.

blackredxiiigoat: I actually like the risk you took, man. CJ2K just right at #8. Created an excellent RB pairing top of the second with AP over Stafford. Vick is an injury risk but has huge fantasy potential when healthy and on the field. Are you holding a backup QB as MV7 insurance? Receivers and TE solid, above-average. Trent as a backup RB3 is dirty. Could package him to improve at QB if Vick can't stay healthy or even your WRs, which are already good. But why not get better if you can.

That trade offer is close. I'd consider it but the deal hinges largely on how much you believe in MV7's health and Britt's potential production, or lack thereof in the 2012-2013 season. Washington and Wright are pushing Britt. I'd pass because I think you can do better in a package for Trent. He's a legit RB2, with RB1 potential if Cleveland and Shurmur really run Richardson 25-plus carries a game in the AFC North. You seem enamored with acquiring Matty Stafford though.

ridingonlorenzos: Offer 1, I'm pretty high on Finley and very high on Lance Moore this year but that's not enough for Jimmy. You probably drafted him second-round expecting him to produce similar numbers to last year. Jimmy almost nabbed 100 receptions last season. Driver is fairly worthless in most fantasy leagues.

Offer 2 is a little closer because SF is far and away the best fantasy DEF. But once again, I like both Finley and Moore but can't stomach trading away your second-round pick Jimmy for that package. Wouldn't be enough.

RBs solid. Just upgrade your receivers. Trade away either Matty Ice or Peyton, whoever you believe less in. Package with Stewart for a WR2.

slowrolling: Gotcha, man. QB need is less slightly than. Thought it was two-QB, 6-point per passing TD league. Big Ben is adequate for now but he plays through numerous injuries. Would be smart to target the Vick/Cam owner. He may want the Wilson handcuff. Wilson and Fitzpatrick for Vick is great for you, but that owner may want Big Ben instead of Fitzpatrick. You could also use your WR3 or WR4 to get a Jay Cutler-type cheaper.

If it's RB, RB/WR Flex, WR, WR to start. I'd go DMC, Garcon or Smith in the Flex, Marshall, Brown. Until Trent heals up and Shurmur names him W1 starter. If so, Trent goes in the Flex for Garcon/Smith.

HighRiser07: I'd start Davis initially until RG3 shows he won't look his TE's way. Bush is a backup. Sure he'll get reps and touches, but how many? If Forte goes down, you obviously start Bush in the Flex.

I'm starting Seattle at D (top-6 defense) at Arizona with Skelton under center. They don't even know if Beanie or Ry Williams is the starting RB. Fitz the only threat. On a side note, they should kick away from PP at all times.

do i start isaac redman this week or d'angelo williams for MJD?

or do i bank on MJD doing on 3rd down what the oth of them could do all game?

do i start isaac redman this week or d'angelo williams for MJD?

or do i bank on MJD doing on 3rd down what the oth of them could do all game?
I'm relegating MJD to the bench until he regains the starting RB job, rather quickly.

That leaves Redman or DeAngelo. Take it for what it's worth, but last season Redman and Pittsburgh's last game a 29-23 loss because of Tebow's heroics was Isaac's first postseason game. Week 1 of the Steelers' regular season will be on the same field at Mile High. Last time around? Redman rushed for 121 yards on 7.1 YPC, amassed 142 all-purpose. He's not splitting with Tolbert or Stewart. Schiano trying to preach defense and running the football in Tampa. I'd give Redman the edge even if DeAngelo is "ranked higher" by most.

No, don't start AP week 1. Go with your plan B. AP may be in pads, and may actually play, but I can't imagine him getting more than 10 carries.

Helu over MJ-D?

this is my team..thoughts?

Last edited:
FinallyFamous: No AP in Week 1. Gerhart is the starter. Frazier yet to announce if Peterson will even get a single carry.

StreetZDream: Good thinking, that's why you got the handcuff for. Valuable for first week or two.

Hugo: Yes, but I prefer neither. Royster and Helu are co-RBs at the moment. Shanny is unpredictable. You have any other solid RB options over Helu and MJD at least temporarily?

Alright cool. I already got J. Charles at my other RB, and can sub in Reggie Bush for AP.

Not really that worried, just didn't want to look like an idiot if he went off.

Got a draft tonight. 20$ a head 10 heads. Please give me some advice... was planning to rack up 4 RBs as my first 4 picks then go for TE/WR. Plan on getting a QB 6-8th pick not sure yet.
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R
R/W/T
K
DEF
That's too much RB depth, man. RB in the first two rounds is sound strategy. Then you can grab your starting receivers (R3 and R4). I'd target Eli as a QB, he's sixth on my QB rankings and underrated in fantasy. Romo, Rivers, Peyton, Ryan, Vick, and Cutler still there if you can't get Eli. Could go RB depth R6 if you take QB R5. Then another receiver R7. BPA from there. Don't reach early on a TE. Plenty to be had that will produce. Managers that take Jimmy and Gronk second-round usually cripple the rest of their roster. Usually shows at their RBs or WRs.

Alright cool. I already got J. Charles at my other RB, and can sub in Reggie Bush for AP.
Not really that worried, just didn't want to look like an idiot if he went off.
No worries. You're good money running out Charles and Reggie Week 1. I'm thinking AP will be up-to-speed by Week 3 realistically, possibly W2. Frazier and the Vikings ownership have been more than cautious with an extremely conservative medical approach.

Appreciate it Champ! Opinions on J. Charles this year?
Anytime, my dude. Got a rare day off from work. Enjoying giving out fantasy advice and watching the U.S. Open. Wish I was at Flushing Meadows though.

Charles is appropriate end-of-second or top of the third. He can be a RB1 potentially based on breakaway speed and big plays. Above-average for a RB2. He's been talking a lot about his comeback saying we're going to see a "newer", "better" Jamaal Charles after injury. Hillis is pushing him though, I'd definitely take that handcuff even though it's relatively costly with a mid-round pick on Hillis.

Props to Champ for giving everyone this nonstop advice :pimp:.

I declined a trade this morning, someone offered me Cam Newton and DeMarco Murray for Tom Brady and Michael Turner. I don't think Cam will be able to put up the numbers he did last year and I'm not sold on Murray yet. It was kind of enticing though, hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the *** when the season gets started :lol:.

Also, would anyone start Miles Austin over either Brandon Marshall or Antonio Brown this week? I know he's coming off his hammy injury but playing against that NYG D is making me think twice about leaving him on my bench.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]League starts tomorrow... I can't wait for the sh-t talkin and crazy trades to start!![/COLOR]

Hey,

Hello all, this is a great thread.

Here is my Roster. I'm in a 10 team league, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX (WR or RB) K, D.  6 points/TD.  I only have 3 RBs, been thinking about dropping Moss to pickup Jaquizz Rodgers on waivers.  Any suggestions on moves? I'm a little nervous starting Richardson week 1, thinking about starting Hillis.

QB Drew Brees

RB Matt Forte

RB Trent Richardson

WR Victor Cruz

WR Jeremy Maclin

FLEX Pierre Garson

TE Vernon Davis

K   Dan Carpenter

D  NY Giants

BN Peyton Hillis

BN Darrius Heyward Bey

BN Greg Little

BN Ben Roethlisberger

BN Jermiane Gresham

BN Randy Moss

Nickthestick91: My pleasure, bro. Will continue to do the best I can to help all NTers.

Enticing but you made the right final decision. Brady just too valuable for that price. Something like Stafford and Murray for Brady and Turner might tempt me to pull the trigger on a deal, hypothetically.

Definitely wouldn't start Miles over Marshall. A. Brown? Maybe some consideration, but I'm still believing in my faith in Brown's big year. Romo should be running for his life against the G-Men defense. No Witten could mean more targets for Miles and Dez though, only downside of benching Austin. It wouldn't be wrong to start Miles with Marshall, but I'd personally still go Marshall and A. Brown.

HighRiser07: Glad to help, my man. Don't hesitate if any further questions arise.

Swade486: Insert Hillis until Shurmur conclusively determines Trent the starter Week 1 against Philly. He's been practicing with the team which is good news. May get less carries than usual, somewhere in the 18-20 range as opposed to a possible 25-30 later in the season when in-form.

I would actually drop Little for Quizz. Very low on the Cleveland Browns receiver this year.

Here are my other two

This is a 16 man regular scoring league
[table][tr][/tr][tr][th=""]POOPS, I DID IT AGAIN  (0-0)[/th][/tr][tr][td]SLOT[/td][td]PLAYER, TEAM POS[/td][td]ACQ[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]Drew Brees, NO QB [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Fred Jackson, Buf RB[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Trent Richardson, Cle RB  Q [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB/WR[/td][td]Peyton Hillis, KC RB[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Antonio Brown, Pit WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Eric Decker, Den WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][td]Kyle Rudolph, Min TE[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]D/ST[/td][td]Chiefs D/ST  D/ST[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]K[/td][td]Robbie Gould, Chi K[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Titus Young, Det WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Kendall Wright, Ten WR [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Bernard Scott, Cin RB  Q [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Austin Collie, Ind WR  Q [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]IR[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
This is a 12 team league with decimal scoring
[table][tr][/tr][tr][th=""]FOREVER ALONE  (0-0)[/th][/tr][tr][td]SLOT[/td][td]PLAYER, TEAM POS[/td][td]ACQ[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]Drew Brees, NO QB [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Darren McFadden, Oak RB [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB  P [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB/WR[/td][td]Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Julio Jones, Atl WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Antonio Brown, Pit WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][td]Greg Olsen, Car TE[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]D/ST[/td][td]Giants D/ST  D/ST[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]K[/td][td]Garrett Hartley, NO K [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Ryan Mathews, SD RB  D [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Peyton Hillis, KC RB[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Titus Young, Det WR[/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Justin Blackmon, Jac WR [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Evan Royster, Wsh RB  P [/td][td]Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]IR[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited by a moderator:
rck2sactown: That's a very good squad for 16-teams. Covered all your positions well. Even distribution across the board. Trent's major value once he gets going in Cleveland. Weeden is terrible IMO, Browns have to run 30 times a game from my perspective.

Also like your 12-teamer. Matthews another high-risk, high-reward type fantasy player. Slots in for law Firm hopefully in W3. Titus has an outside shot at pushing Garcon for the Flex. I know this is bold but I'm seeing 1,000 yards receiving for Young and a significant drop-off for Burleson.

bxbadboy90: Moore has long-term value, but not in Week 1. He's recovering from injury with Ford, DHB will get all of Oakland's early targets. Start Floyd, but I don't love him in SD. He was a headache to own last year in fantasy. Rivers may look Gates, Meach, and Royal more.

Is this your Flex or WR3?

Back
Top Bottom