2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

My work fantasy league is doing decimal.point scoring...... everyday I find something else about this league that i've never dealt with before. Anyone have any experience with it and would like to shed some light on it?

just drafted this, thoughts?

14 team h2h WR/TE instead of flex 1 defensive player

Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Cedric Benson, Rashad Jennings, Rashard Mendenhall (trying to get Javid Best for IR, #2 waiver order)
Larry Fitzgerald, Torrey Smith, Sidney Rice, Steve Breaston, James Jones, Brian Quick
Aaron Hernandez, Martellus Bennett
London Fletcher
Packers D
Tynes

My work fantasy league is doing decimal.point scoring...... everyday I find something else about this league that i've never dealt with before. Anyone have any experience with it and would like to shed some light on it?
I like it alot more than the standard scoring. Traditionally, if my guy rushed for 10 yards and your guy rushed for 19 yards, we'd both get 1 point since its 1 point per 10 yards. With decimal scoring every yard counts, so my guy would still get 1 point but yours would get 1.9 points.

Last edited:
10 team league, QB 6pt TDs I picked 5th
How did I do?

I know I'm weak at RB but do you guys think my receivers will make up for it?
Or should I try to trade for a RB (dudes in my league super stingy)
I also went Megatron first instead of Lasean Mccoy and I hope it doesnt come back to haunt me......

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Megatron
WR: Andre Johnson
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Benjarvis green ellis
TE: Tony Gonzales
W/R: Wes Welker
K: Gostkowksi
DEF: Detroit

My Bench:
Cedric Benson
Tony Romo
Santanna Moss
Shonn Greene
Justin Blackmon
Greg Olsen

Roddy White or Greg Jennings and Stevan Ridley for Michael Turner...yay or nay?

Just traded Aaron Rodgers/David Wilson for Jay Cutler/Larry Fitzgerald/Beanie Wells
Rolling the dice here....so we'll see what happens.

Post the rest of your team so I can get a feel for this. I'm not high on Beanie at all...thinking Ryan Williams is stealing that starting spot sooner than later. Fitz will get his catches, but after owning him last year, he can be frustrating to start...you just never know what kind of performance he will have.

I really hate responding like I am about to.....but honestly I think this team is horrible. Your running backs are beyond :x, and there is no depth on this team what so ever. If I were you I would try to trade Stafford and Graham individually, and see if you could get two quality options for each of them. If you cant somehow gain some depth, its going to be a long season.

For what it's worth I agree. Wasn't able to do the live draft and came home to that :smh: My RB position is extremely weak. Might try and hang some players out for trade bait and see if I can get a legit RB1.

krazyl3gz: 6.5/10. Upgrade your RB2. Could throw Gates at the Rivers' owner to do so. Something like Gates for Rivers' manager's starting TE and RB2. Assuming he doesn't own Gronk or Graham.

SneakerHeathen: Thanks for helping out with giving the guys fantasy advice. Doing my best, but there's a lot to get to.

JEWSEEJAY: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Best case scenario is to have Jennings as a handcuff. MJD likely will not be the Week 1 starter. Even so, it will take at least two to three weeks to develop fitness and form that's expected of MJD.

SneakerPro: Forte in the third-round is a steal. I'm expecting an easy top-20 season for him. But I would handcuff Bush for safety.

Proshares: Definitely Miles or Decker over Ced. I like Miles significantly better but the hammy is a major concern. Decker may develop nice rapport with Peyton. Could be his new Brandon Stokley.

FlyerThanDelta: Absolutely not. Britt is tremendous WR2/WR3 value barring suspension and further injury.

Harris has limited value in deeper leagues, only if Dez or Miles go down. He's not Laurent. Ogletree is closer if anything.

AG 47: I'd take the Garcon, Pierre, and Dalton side of that proposed trade.

airblaster503: 6.5/10. Pick up Pierre Thomas immediately. He may end up being your starting RB2. Offer Demaryius for a true RB2. Then you can move Titus into the Flex. Law Firm and Quizz is not going to win you any leagues.

Stringer Bell 32: I don't trust Ced. He's on the downside of his career and McCarthy doesn't like to run, much like Andy.

SuNiversal: You might be starting Pierre in the Flex over DeAngelo sooner than later. I'd package DeAngelo with Washington, Moore, or Winslow to get somebody like Doug Martin if possible.

RetroBaller: 6.5/10. Not loving Reggie as a RB2 this year. Think he'll lose some reps to Thomas and certainly won't replicate 2011-2012's work. Dez has slight injury concern as WR2.

fraij: No chance. Know you're a GB guy and love Rodgers, but absolutely not. CJ2K should be a top-20 PPR fantasy option at worst. I see redemption in his future. Wants to forget 2011-2012. Matty Ice is projected to breakout with Julio. Could break into the top-10 for fantasy QBs. Only would accept offer with a RB2 to go with Rodgers, which I doubt the manager offers.

GSDOUBLEU: Law Firm. Doesn't fumble. Primary back. Should get way more carries than in NE. Greene is more valuable in PPR formats though.

tonton32: 6.5/10. Blackmon is fine as a WR3, but upgrade DeAngelo at RB2. Splitting too much with Stewart and Tolbert.

miamib30514: Sproles isn't a late-second round reach for PPR formats. Dude is money on short receptions. I'd take Roddy and Jennings before Sproles though, even in a PPR league.

Deadset Ace: Assuming it goes something like Rodgers, Foster, Rice. Either Shady, Brady, or Megatron. PPR? Megatron or Brady. Non-PPR? Shady or Brady.

cubanref: 8.5/10. Only bench needs work. Careful with that WR3 because we don't know when Britt suits up fully-healthy.

IMASOLEMAN18: Could scoop Matty Stafford or Cam, then Forte on the way back.

7.5/10. Did pretty well for a deeper draft. Can you get anything better than Sid at WR3? Lance Moore maybe or Titus Young. Nate Washington.

Buc Em: Ry Williams is worth the add for Hilton. Could push Beanie. Dion has no fantasy value except in very deep leagues to handcuff Shady.

Slicknick951: You'll have your pick, two out of three. Rodgers, Foster, or Rice.

MrSneakerman: Not a bad play. Also consider Foster or Rice carefully. If you don't believe in Arian's health, go Rodgers. If you don't believe Ray produces big numbers in Cam's new uptempo attacking offense, go Rodgers.

theone218: 7/10, if you move Dre for a RB1. Stacked on receivers. Get your starting RBs up.

baik: Easily taking the side of Roddy or Jennings and Ridley for Turner. Not even close.

champ, not sure what you mean in your first comment but other than that, washington got taken just a couple picks before i could get him and moore, and young are taken, only decent person i see that im sure will play is collie but hes injured

Last edited:
What are thoughts on Dexter McCluster this year? Seems he got a quite a few looks in the slot during pre season, wondering if he would be worth picking up in one of my leagues.

Can someone give me some advice. I'm in a 12 team keeper league (2 keeps), 4pts passing, 6 rushing, etc. 

I definitely screwed up taking Victor Cruz over Darren Sproles (first pick of the 2nd round). My RB2 position is super weak and I would like to upgrade there and my WR depth is very questionable. At this point, I view my RB2 as my flex position, because I'm going to start Marshall, Cruz, and Bowe each week and then use my RB2 to plug and play between David Wilson and Isaac Redman. I am praying Wilson breaks out sooner rather than later. 

What type of trades could I make to upgrade my RB2 spot? 

Was proposed this trade in a 10 teamer PPR:

I get - Brandon Lloyd and Mike Bush
I lose - Darren Sproles and Greg Olsen

My other RB's are Murray, Charles, Benson and Fred Jackson. My WR's are Carolina S Smith, D Thomas, Meachem, Washington and TB Williams. Leaning no.

Was proposed this trade in a 10 teamer PPR:
I get - Brandon Lloyd and Mike Bush
I lose - Darren Sproles and Greg Olsen
My other RB's are Murray, Charles, Benson and Fred Jackson. My WR's are Carolina S Smith, D Thomas, Meachem, Washington and TB Williams. Leaning no.
dont do it! ur getting fleeced bro in a ppr.

maybeeee if u had forte and tom brady. maybeee but otherwise hell no

Any comments on my squad? Passing TDs are 6 points so I chose ARodgers first overall.

Aaron Rodgers
Victor Cruz
Dez Bryant
Adrian Peterson
Rashad Jennings
Brandon Pettigrew
Doug Martin
Darren Sproles
Robert Griffin III
Reggie Wayne
Isaac Redman
Anquan Boldin
Mikel LeShoure
Alex Henery
DEF Detroit

bbllplaya23: Anytime, brotha. Glad to help out fellow NTers. Keep 'em coming, guys.

IMASOLEMAN18: I've typed up a lot of fantasy advice the last couple days. Do me a favor and refresh my memory, which comment needs clarifying? Be more than happy to reiterate my point.

airblaster503: McCluster's value lies only in PPR formats. His touches are way behind Charles, Bowe, Hillis, and maybe even Moeaki. Who you planning to drop for McCluster?

Proshares: I actually somewhat like that offer for you and would mull it over. Olsen is pure surplus, a filler if you will. So Lloyd and Bush for Sproles? Yes, you don't have Forte or Brady but Lloyd could very well be a top-45 fantasy producer this year with Brady and McDaniels. Bush will get touches to spell Forte and in case of injury, not a bad RB2 option if that occurs. He's Michael Turner-like. Can run with speed, power, catch, block. Do it all on the field. You have the RB depth and luxury to part with Sproles. Lloyd helps solidify your WR corps. Not huge on Meach at the beginning of the season. I'd do it, leaning slightly towards your advantage IMO.

FlyerThanDelta: No problem, man. Keep the questions coming. I like the macro-approach (big picture) more so than micro (weekly match-ups). Fantasy Football is a passion of me, fun and fairly socially productive hobby.

Personal Experience: Just traded Reggie Bush and Miles Austin for Andre Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw in a standard league. Not loving Dre's injury history but Miles has hammy issues in is own right. Don't think Bush replicates 2011-2012. Bradshaw could beast without injury and Jacobs.

For what it's worth I agree. Wasn't able to do the live draft and came home to that :smh: My RB position is extremely weak. Might try and hang some players out for trade bait and see if I can get a legit RB1.

What up man?

Did you pre-ranked prior? Just wondering how auto pick didn't draft any solid RB's for you? I too couldn't make the draft but I came out OK I think?

Aaron Rodgers
(GB - QB)
Steve Smith
(Car - WR)
Eric Decker
(Den - WR)
Trent Richardson
(Cle - RB)
Reggie Bush
Brandon Pettigrew
(Det - TE)
Stevan Ridley