2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

should i trade foster for brees & willis mcgahee?

my starting qb is cam right now so hed end up on the pine or traded also

SneakerPro: Who are you looking to receive (WR) in return for Sproles? He's clearly hurt and playing through it like a warrior.

leemelone: Always trust your instincts. At least you can say you lived and died by your own heart and decision-making. Own your defeats, embrace victory knowing it was all your doing.

bbllplaya23: Huge pickup. That manager is out of the loop. Ryan Matthews' ADP is insane. People forget he was ranked top-5 on Yahoo and other fantasy experts' rankings. He's playing Week 2 or Week 3, Week 4 latest. Your RBs are now stacked with Trent and Matthews as insurance. Dropping Cook was probably the right play. Only other two players I would have considered is Sid Rice and David Wilson.

NE is a great play this week against Kolb. The defensive unit looks much improved with Jones and Hightower. I wouldn't drop Seattle's D over one week though. They perform significantly better at home in front of the loud twelfth man.

YoungTriz: I honestly don't do it for the reps, but truly do appreciate that the members of this board respect and accept my fantasy advice with gratitude. I'll do my best all season to remain updated weekly.

TimelessFlight: I would make that Oakland switch. I think Moore is the Oakland receiver to own. However, I'd hold off on that move for another week. Denarius is still a week or two off from producing big plays for the Raiders.

SneakerPro: You don't. S-Jax is the safer play weekly. One poor week, or one solid week doesn't change a player's value in fantasy. Body of work does. Bush does seem to be the goal-line back but would you really risk starting him paired with Forte? What if the Chicago offense lays a dud?

GSDOUBLEU: I wouldn't make that trade because I don't think Ryan Matthews is worth losing for the difference or gap between Cam and Peyton. Sure, Newton is an upgrade but it leaves you vulnerable at RB.

AG 47: Well said. I'm watching very closely because critics have been saying CJ2K isn't running as hard or desperate since last season's contract dispute. So it's safe to say you don't believe CJ2K gets a 100 on the ground this week. I see something like 20-22 carries, 85 yards (in that range), 1 TD.

should i trade foster for brees & willis mcgahee?
my starting qb is cam right now so hed end up on the pine or traded also
I wouldn't trade away a sure fire top 3 RB in fantasy when fully healthy. Cam is good enough.

ConcordFlightXI: Extremely thin at RB with Freddy's unfortunate and untimely injury.

Cobb for M. Bush would be phenomenal in your favor. Doubt the manager bites after the two-TD performance. Lovie seems to prefer utilizing Bush as the goal-line back.

I prefer Cobb to McCluster, but in your case, you need Dexter more for the RB eligibility. I don't believe they'll take away his multiple eligibility because technically KC does utilize him as a scat back out of the backfield at times in certain formations.

Doug Martin and Percy for Miles and Cobb would be highway robbery. I'd report you to ESPN. Realistically, see if you can get Donald Brown from that manager for Randall Cobb and Bilal Powell.

Should I trade Ryan Fitzpatrick and crabtreee for RG III and manningham?
Yes. Fitzpatrick is waiver wire fodder. I see this trade as QB for QB essentially. Grab a WR off the wire... someone like Andrew Hawkins if he is there.

jblackcat13: You're essentially getting a top-30 fantasy producer at worst. Chances are Matthews will finish the season in the top-20 from Week 3 or so on. Can run, catch, and score TDs.

I guess in my drunken state last night, in my 16 team league I traded Brees and Kendall Wright for Eli and Marshall. How did I fair?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bhk: I believe Rivers is the safer play, proven (veteran) Q. Will start to click with Gates, Floyd, Meach, and Royal. Wait until Vincent Brown returns from injury. RG3 has a major advantage running the football, but Fisher's STL DEF is much improved. If you're feeling frisky, start RG3 with high-risk and high-reward potential. Otherwise Rivers for the conventional play.

Buc Em: I would take that deal even though it's so hard to part with Shady. You know how I've felt about Martin from Day 1. Will say he struggles this week against the NYG though. Julio is poised for a monster year all season long.

IMASOLEMAN18: Moreno is the Denver handcuff for now, but that could change by season's end with Hillman or Ball.

Jeepney Kid: I'm sitting Sproles only because I don't believe he's anywhere near fully healthy. Neither is Colston.

Law Firm is a start this week against Cleveland's run D. The other start should be Ridley, but with some risk. Bill is fickle about running the ball. Always been a pass-happy guy. Arizona did look solid against Marshawn. However, DeMarco running against Seattle at home doesn't excite me. Cowboys have known to be inconsistent. Bottom line, Murray for the conventional play. Ridley for the risky play to pair with Law Firm.

The Real Folk Blues: Server problems? Try again five to ten minutes later. Or even an hour.

651akathePaul: I definitely see Bush getting double-digit TDs in Chicago as the goal-line feature back. However, I can't justify starting him weekly at RB2. Depends on your other options.

rck2sactown: Thank the liquor. Eli and Marshall is the better side, by far. Brees will have a down year without Payton. Wright a deep sleeper, but Britt is back this week or the next to take targets away along with Cook and Washington.

The Real Folk Blues: I would drop Ced for Morris. McCarthy pass-happy.

ConcordFlightXI: Extremely thin at RB with Freddy's unfortunate and untimely injury.
Cobb for M. Bush would be phenomenal in your favor. Doubt the manager bites after the two-TD performance. Lovie seems to prefer utilizing Bush as the goal-line back.
I prefer Cobb to McCluster, but in your case, you need Dexter more for the RB eligibility. I don't believe they'll take away his multiple eligibility because technically KC does utilize him as a scat back out of the backfield at times in certain formations.
Doug Martin and Percy for Miles and Cobb would be highway robbery. I'd report you to ESPN. Realistically, see if you can get Donald Brown from that manager for Randall Cobb and Bilal Powell.

thanks for the insight.. I actually received a trade offer this morning: Marshawn Lynch + Justin Blackmon for Fred Jackson and Cobb.. After an hour of deliberation, I accepted the offer.

Even though I think more highly of Jackson over Lynch in terms of the consistent great numbers he put on for the past few years compared to Lynch's Roller Coaster Statline, A knee injury is always a questionmark in whether he'll be 100% the rest of the year + CJ Spiller being an outstanding RB as well, I had no choice but to take a healthy Lynch.

I heard there is upside to Blackmon as well, but in any case, I still have Denarius Moore and Witten as tradebait hopefuls for the future.

Thoughts?

diewitsjames: Cincy D against a rookie QB that threw multiple INTs last week at home against Philly. Trent still getting comfortable post-surgery.

Decker is a clear start for me. Cobb and Jones depend largely on Jennings' availability which we will find out closer to tomorrow night. I like Cobb over Jones in that regard. Kubiak didn't run Tate enough Week 1, which baffled me with a questionable Arian in the fourth-quarter. Meach will produce, but Rivers has only had one regular season game with him. I like McCluster in PPR, had a good amount of receptions and targets Week 1 with Cassel and Bowe still getting into the swing of things.

Therefore I'd go Decker, Tamme, McCluster. Could switch Cobb or Meach for Tamme if you fear starting two receivers (TEs) from the same team.

diewitsjames: Ray Rice is a must-start every week regardless of match-up. Pittsburgh is the only squad that I may think twice about. Pair him with Spiller, big play threat with serious ability. Major YPC.

Marshawn third. Donald Brown fourth.

Sproles isn't healthy and Morris is a fluke until further notice.

Swade486: I would drop Quizz for McCluster in a PPR format. Dwyer I'd hold off on. Track and flag until he gets more reps than Redman and Mendy.

omgitswes: Pitta seemed to benefit from the no-huddle much more than Dickson. Could be Cam's guy the rest of the way for Flacco. Let's see.

Ridley's success depends on Bill's willingness to commit to the run.

HighRiser07: Michael Bush, Davis, Britt. Only would change if Garcon doesn't play. Then Davis' targets and value go up Week 2.

rck2sactown: Thank the liquor. Eli and Marshall is the better side, by far. Brees will have a down year without Payton. Wright a deep sleeper, but Britt is back this week or the next to take targets away along with Cook and Washington.
for sure, I'm sure Eli will be Eli this year. and adding Marshall will give me another starter that i desperately needed after Fred Jackson went down

Back
Top Bottom