2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I wana play Gresham but I have AJ Green and Bengals D/ST in already. I'd be playing Vernon (@Patriots) if not. Any input?

Once again I am considering sitting Brady for Freeman. Brady got me to the championship and his lowest output was 14 points, but he is going against the SF defense. Freeman has been sketchy the last two weeks, but he's going against NO.

Thoughts?

My team for my big money league has really been clicking over the last half of the season. Since week 7, the lowest number of points I've put up is 119.9. Before week 7 my record was 2-4. Since then I'm 7-1 including this past week's playoff win where I scored 198.8. Some nice trades (Doug Martin, Aaron Hernandez), matchup based waiver wire adds, and just getting lucky and picking up studs off of waivers (Pierre Garcon, Danario Alexander) have all helped me get to where I'm at. This week in round 2 of the playoffs I'm facing the #1 team in the league, who started the year 10-0 but has since cooled down and went 0-3 in the last 3 weeks of the regular season. Hopefully the cooling continues this week :nthat: :nthat:.

Last edited:
Ok guys I'm in the championship game and I wanted to ask for some opinions on my lineup. It's a PPR w/ a point every 20 receiving yards.
QB Brees
RB (pick one) Bryce Brown (McCoy is out), Leshoure or I will be getting (Powell or Owens off waivers (who's better?)). I also have AP.
WR (pick one) Colston or D. Alexander. I also have AJ Green.
TE I have Heath Miller or Kyle Rudolph, but I'm leaning Heath
No flex
K Gostkowski I've played over Sebass ever since I claimed him off waivers.
Def I need to know if its the chicken or the egg.
Seahawks* at Buffalo OR Lions* at Arizona.
Good luck to all!

Your RB position is tough there going up against good Ds. I would say your best bet is Brown or Owens, Colston, Heath, and Seattle D.
Lions D matchup looks really good going up against Arizona but id go wit the consistency in Seattle.

Last edited:
How do you feel about Tenn D agaisnt NYJ? Picking a DEF of the waiver wire for the playoffs...

Also J. Gordon vs Wash or Torrey Smith vs Den?

Once again I am considering sitting Brady for Freeman. Brady got me to the championship and his lowest output was 14 points, but he is going against the SF defense. Freeman has been sketchy the last two weeks, but he's going against NO.
Thoughts?

Id stick with Brady. As you said Freeman hasn't been doing too well and I wouldn't risk going with josh unless your trying to take a risk.
Brady has been consistent enough imo.

How do you feel about Tenn D agaisnt NYJ? Picking a DEF of the waiver wire for the playoffs...
Also J. Gordon vs Wash or Torrey Smith vs Den?

Ugh I'm not too crazy about Titans D. They let up big plays and not too good imo.

I say go with Josh Gordon.

Thoughts?
Sitting Brady?! Did you not see what he just did to a really good Houston D? Sure the 9ers D is healthier and some would say better, but I dont see that as a reason to sit him.

I'm also a believer in the philosophy that you don't sit the guys who got you to the playoffs in the playoffs. It feels alot better losing with your top players in there rather than havin them on the bench and losing.

Last edited:
Thoughts?
Sitting Brady?! Did you not see what he just did to a really good Houston D? Sure the 9ers D is healthier and some would say better, but I dont see that as a reason to sit him.

Yeah, maybe I'm just over-thinking it. I'd be more pissed off if I sat him and he did well than if I started him and played poorly. I'll go with the guy that got me there.

Help me pick 2:

Brian Harline
Chris Givens
Danny Amendola
Torrey Smith
Fitz (pretty much decided to bench) :smh:

Have Garcon and Lance Moore locked in already. This is for 3 WR and FLex. Could also play Beanie Wells at flex.

^ Exactly what I said in my edit, deginitely gotta start the guys who got you there.

Cant play Fitz at this point. He's the only WR that I've played every week, but what has been going on just cant be ignored.

Torrey Smith more has to do with Flacco missing him too much. Either overthrows or under. He hasn't been accurate.

Hartline, Amendola, Lance have been in rotation all season. Depending on match ups.

If you are a league manager in ESPN, how do you lock the teams or the players on teams that didn't make the playoffs???? I don't want those teams dropping players then the playoff teams are scrambling to pick them up. Any help on this issue would be great. Thanks!

#BYEWEEK :smokin

I don't think there is an option to lock other teams. As league manager you can always just add any dropped players back to the original team. I have told teams in the past that this would not be tolerated and is grounds for removal from the league.

I appreciate the info fam.

Help me pick 2:
Brian Harline
Chris Givens
Danny Amendola
Torrey Smith
Fitz (pretty much decided to bench) :smh:
Have Garcon and Lance Moore locked in already. This is for 3 WR and FLex. Could also play Beanie Wells at flex.

Id go with Hartline and Amendola.

If not Amendola then Givens.

Semifinals in my league this week. Just gottta win ONE game and I'm back in the 'ship. C'monnnnnnn, football gawds.

Our playoffs have the team with the higher total of Week 14 + 15 advance to the championship. Last week, I lost 91-115. This week, I need to win with a lead of 25 to advance.

Who do I start?

Andrew Luck VS. HOU or Big Ben VS. DAL
FLEX: Steve Johnson VS. SEA, TY Hilton VS. HOU, or Chris Givens VS. MIN

Would you guys make any moves? 10 team, non ppr. Trying to get back to the finals. Lions D is available BTW.

ppr

starting marshawn lynch , need a number 2

pick one

ryan matthews against carolina

knowshon moreno against baltimore

marcel reece vs kansas city

Thanks to Ridley's 14 yard TD scamper I'm in the semi finals.

Now who to start?

QBs (1):

BigBen

Fitz

Wilson

RB (2):

T Rich

Ridley

RunDMC

WR (1):

Torrey S

Antonio B

Santana M

I'm starting Brandon M

TE (1):

Clark or Myers

D:

Broncos or Pats

Good luck to everyone.

my team is on the left. who do you guys think i should go with in the flex spots? it's 0.5 ppr. and dalton vs a terrible philly d or eli vs falcons? HUGE game..if i make it to the championship round i already get guaranteed $200.

Last edited:
What's everyone with dez bryant going to do? right now i have crabtree in his spot

I'm clueless on what to do.. they say he's gonna play through it, but who knows how effective he will be? Or if they'll pull him if he aggravates it.

I might just roll with McFadden in the flex with Cobb/Decker starting.

Had to happen in finals too :frown:

This is what my team is lookin' like for the finals:

QB: Peyton vs. BAL
RB1: AP vs. STL
RB2: TRich vs. WSH
Flex: McFadden vs. KC (or Dez vs. PIT)
WR1: Randall Cobb vs. CHI
WR2: Eric Decker vs. BAL
TE: Kyle Rudolph vs. STL
D: Chargers (vs CAR)
K: Bironas vs NYJ

vs.

QB: Josh Freeman vs. NO
RB1: Bradshaw vs. ATL
RB2: Stevan Ridley vs. SF
Flex: Brandon Marshall vs. GB
WR1: Calvin Johnson vs. ARI
WR2: Wes Welker vs. SF
TE: Martellus Bennett vs. ATL
D: Jets (vs TEN)
K: Hartley vs. TB

Looking tough for me.. his team has put up 120 over the past 4 weeks and looks like it can't be stopped. I barely got by this past week thanks to a Schaub/Bryce Brown stinker. You guys think I'll be able to pull it off and win?

Also, if Dez plays.. should I put him in flex instead of McFadden? ahh, so torn on what to do.

Back
Top Bottom